Question Time

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Suprised this hasn't been mentioned already actually, but did anyone watch Question Time last night?

Best statement by Nick Griffin was that 'tours of the Lake District have been stopped because only white people went' :confused: :rofl:

Personally I can't take the guy seriously, but I bet that was most ratings that show has had in a while.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
The whole thing was a farce. It wasn't a normal Question Time, it was Bash Nick Griffin Time.

Should have just stuck to the normal format with normal questions on current issues and hear the BNP's views along with everyone elses. If the BBC wanted to give him a drilling they should have put him on Newsnight and let Paxman have a good rip.

You've got to love the irony though with all the anti-facist protesters trying to get the show stopped because they don't agree with his views, lol :rofl:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
The whole thing was a farce. It wasn't a normal Question Time, it was Bash Nick Griffin Time.

Should have just stuck to the normal format with normal questions on current issues and hear the BNP's views along with everyone elses. If the BBC wanted to give him a drilling they should have put him on Newsnight and let Paxman have a good rip.

You've got to love the irony though with all the anti-facist protesters trying to get the show stopped because they don't agree with his views, lol :rofl:

It did turn into a bit of a joke, some of the comments from audience were just as random as the statements that Nick Griffin was making. I loved the way David Dimbleby just cut some of them dead.

I have to say though I do find Nick Griffin to be an idiot

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
ur right ILP:thumbsup: cos of the circus, the show itself had become the main issue, but nothing about the biggest issue at the moment; the banks, and also the postal strikes!

but its nice and enjoyable to see the **** get put in his place just this once even if its in someways counterproductive. mite be the first and last time he exposes hmself to that kind of hostility from people who r disgusted by his views:naughty:

i thought grifffin would have done a lot better tho, he got his dream 'elitist liberal establishment' line up.... Jack Straw was shit, griffin could have that tosser for breakfast. David Dimbleby was shocking really and he let himself get to pissed of with being sat next to the horrible griffin. On the other hand i thought Bonnie Greer did well, griffin was almost in awe of her it seemed at times wanting to just get her attention lol... yep griffin was a cock, but hardly shock horror... racist gets exposed as being a racist:eek:

ugly stuff all round

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Obviously over here in the US I didn't get to see this but did see the a clip of the Asian telling him to move to the South Pole or whatever where there is no colour. Its probably too late his family have probably already built a 24/7 corner igloo there already. :thumbsup:

Taxi for Stetheboro

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
8 million viewers apparently, 4 times what it normally gets.

comical really wasnt it. Best line was when he got accused of meeting the head of the Klu Klux Klan. His defence was it was an "almost non violent klu klux clan"!

Ive gotta be honest and say i agree with his / BNPs policy on immigration though. But thats were it stops, obviously you cant really cherry pick cerain policies when you're voting. I think people have voted for the BNP (majority in the NW i think) mainly because they have been so frustrated with labour's (and the tories before them) inability to control the influx. All an argument in itself obviously, but only giving my own opinion. :thumbsup:

aye totally agree :thumbsup: ,even though griffin did look a dick ,

BUT i watch question time quite a bit and it was just a farce last nite, a normall question time is usually 3 mps 1 celeb, with 5 or 6 topics of the day from the audience spread over the hour,

this was just 98% bnp bashing , then last 2 mins 1 question ,what did u think of steven gatleys death comments ? :|

i mean WTF , how bout , the postal strike , sending more troops to afganistan , untested flu vacines , banks paying out massive bonus payments AGAIN after the WE tax payers bailed them out , :mad:

and dimbleby is supposed to be neutral + un-biased :naughty:

total farce , :S and still we have to pay over £100 a year licence fee to the BBC cnuts ,

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Agreed:thumbsup:

I watch Question Time fairly often and was surprised that rather than giving the BNP's politics a grilling, they were attacking Nick from all sides. While it would be fair as you said Tim on programmes like Newsnight, it missed the opportunity to find out what the BNP stood for and to then discuss that in the usual way.

That said, it was shocking to listen to the BNP leader's comments combined with his past quotes. He couldn't have convinced many people to take to his cause, despite trying to convince us he was a changed man - which I thought would have been his best move, but he lacked a convincing response to the charges levelled at him.

I felt Jack Straw, despite a few decent comebacks, looked out of his depths too. It wasn't hard to make convincing arguements against Nick, but it was like waiting for christmas for him to get across his message - unlike some members of the audience who were straight to the point.

Perhaps below the belt somewhat, but Nick did have a point to some extent when he said his father fought in the war for this country while Jack's father was in prison as a concientious objector (coward)

I think the tory mp from Dewsbury (who's name I can't remember) came across the best. She recognised the need for change and had convincing arguements across the board. She's possibly someone I could probably vote for if she represented my area.

Politics lacks balls these days, there's far too many people sitting on the fence while the landscape is changing around us and islam is on the increase. These are future issues that would worry me, especially if I had a family as i've seen how fundamentalists have changed Islamic countries for the worse. These are issues i'd have liked to hear responses to and even though I couldn't go for the hardline bnp approach to immigrants, attacking policies without even discussing their merits isn't helpfull.

Don't we live in a democracy anymore? Supressing peoples thoughts rather that discussing them leads to problems later on.

Last edited:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Jack Straw was shit,

Yeah I agree with that, he gave a very poor answer when asked if he thought that the BNP had gained support because they had failed to handle immigration properly

what did u think of steven gatleys death comments ? :| iQUOTE]

I know :| :eek: I haven't read the article and hadn't heard about it till then tbh, but it sounded terrible! From what I could gather it seemd in some way to be relating his death to the fact that he was in a civil partnership :confused: Did anyone actually read it?

I think the tory mp from Dewsbury (who's name I can't remember) came across the best. She recognised the need for change and had convincing arguements across the board. She's possibly someone I could probably vote for if she represented my area.

Yeah I agree :thumbsup: I was actually really suprised that I found myself agreeing with so many of her points

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
It wasn't really a farce...the audience in every question time set the tone of the night, by the questions/comments they present to the panel. The fact that old "Dick" was on question time is a big deal to both the BNP and the people that oppose, so it gave people a chance to focus on them as a party.

I don't agree with the protests against him appearing on the BBC as I believe in democracy. I understand however, why people were scared of him airing his views to the general public. His general policies and attitude create divides and hatred within our communities. The problem is, as we're becoming less interested in politics and more in tabloid gossip, we are starting to underestimate the intelligence of the UK and scared that people won't see through his contradictions. I'm glad he got his chance to sit on the panel of QT as he made an absolute tit of himself and shambles of his own party. Even his own members are now critisising his performance. Anyway, anyone with half a brain who watched the other day, would be able to see through his made up facts, blatent contradictions and prejudice comments. He got treated as a joke, because he is a joke. He's made so many racist, homophobic and hateful statements, that he can't be taken serious as a person, nevermind a politician. He bought that so called "farce" on himself...I thought it was brilliant!

Agree with Jiglo though funnily enough, the tory MP by far presented herself and put forward her policies in the best light:thumbsup:

Last edited: