Quadrant Park

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

truly-madly

Jan 12, 2004
Deepville
www.truly-madly.com
OK, so I've had a few beers and I'm reminiscing after I see the name in the ID section. So out come the old tunes. Melodies of Passion as I type...Seems like a dream to me now, all those years ago. This is how obsessed I was/am:

I have a framed black & white photo that I took in 1991 of the Quad side park over my mantelpiece. It's a metre square, (I blew it up on the computer and blurred bits of it, etc to make it 'arty'!).

I have the words 'quadrant park' tattoed on my right arm (from 1991). There are 13 of us with the same tribal markings.

Errr, I think I better stop now - don't want to come across too weird. Suffice to say the influence that place had on me is everlasting, it affects my productions, mixes and tastes. I'm mostly into deep house now, but the Italian knack of a damn good melody as left a lasting imprint on me musically, and I'm thankful for that.

Anyway just thought I'd share that with you all!

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
truly-madly said:
I have a framed black & white photo that I took in 1991 of the Quad side park over my mantelpiece. It's a metre square, (I blew it up on the computer and blurred bits of it, etc to make it 'arty'!).

I have the words 'quadrant park' tattoed on my right arm (from 1991). There are 13 of us with the same tribal markings.

Errr, I think I better stop now - don't want to come across too weird. Suffice to say the influence that place had on me is everlasting, it affects my productions, mixes and tastes. I'm mostly into deep house now, but the Italian knack of a damn good melody as left a lasting imprint on me musically, and I'm thankful for that.

Anyway just thought I'd share that with you all!

Youre not obsessed, Ive got half of a wooden sign which used to be above the entrance from Konspiracy I robbed (well not quite, a mate of mine helped me who Ive not seen in 8 years :( ) in my spare room....am I obsessed, no, it changed my perception on life :thumbsup:

Actually, its mi signature :D :wave:

emmab

Mar 18, 2004
preston
quality

I really enjoyed reading that. I also have extreme strong feelings about the club 'LEGENDS' i went to it was a massive love!! the atmosphere will stay in my mind 4 eva. I went to quady p one new years eve and
WWWWWHHHHOOOAHHHHHH what a night it was excellent!! :wave: ;)

emmab

Mar 18, 2004
preston
thanx

Thankyou that was truely moveing and even made me cry!!
I had flashbacks of me in my bright orange naf naf boiler suit and pink kicker shoes thrashin my wet hair round and round going wild oh how i enjoyed that jonno. p.s i proberbly know you i knew evreyone there or i thought i did :luv: :D

E

easty

ABSOLUTE CLASS THAT WOMAN'S REPORT. It made me feel as though i was there, rocking with her

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
have to say hacketts and loveshackrocked my world at the beginning of my raving days.. :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :turn:

and tho im no tune anorak!:$ i still hold a passion for the tunes and the whole scene and memories so much so that it all runs through my entire body heart and soul, and which im sure is evident wen im seen on a dancefloor even now with me hands in the air and tears in my eyes:love: :luv: :luv:

truly-madly

Jan 12, 2004
Deepville
www.truly-madly.com
Memories

I only went to Legends a couple of times, that lot were definitely up for it. Went to Hacketts more probably - still got my membership card with my ponytail...! Every so often we'd have 'a change' from the Quad. The lads were mostly up for the Quad all the time, but to keep the girls happy we did Blackpool sometimes, you know how it is ;) Only went to Loveshack once and Sequins & Oz a few times. There was a little club called Adam & Eve near Sequins - anyone remember that? Was a kind of overspill for the other clubs if they were full.

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
truly-madly said:
There was a little club called Adam & Eve near Sequins - anyone remember that? Was a kind of overspill for the other clubs if they were full.

Yeah I remember that! I ended up in there a couple of times when everywhere else was rammed.It was alright actually.