Proper Gutted - advice needed

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ Bin-Bag

Apr 7, 2003
preston
Thought i'd put this on here, n see what u peeps thought about this, and see if anyone had any sound advice.

Bought a used car this week of this bloke, any way, car was advertised as a minter, tip top condition, brand new engine fitted bla bla bla.''

the car was a K reg audi coupe, and i paid £1700 for it.

me and the missus went and bought the car off this guy. typical familay man with kids n all that, so i thought sound, as my missus is 8 months pregnant he aint gonna rip us.

anyway, drove car around after we bought it(we bought it monday night) and afetr a while noticed a funny noise from the engine, anyway, to cut a long story short we took it to a local garage to get it checked out for peace of mind n that, cos me n bird are not mechaniccaly minded, turns out engine has big problems and will need at minimum a strip n survey to see whats happenin.

So were talkin at least 500 notes here, and the bloke at the garage said we should go back to the seller n tell him we aint happy.

well, I did, he wasnt there but his wife was. i explained the crack to her n she rung her husband, so i was on the phone to him and basically he told me , tough luck, its the luck of the draw mate. youre own fault n fuck off.

next thing u know, his missus has gone back inside locked all the doors n shut all the curtains. so i rings n rings the doorbarll , no awnswer. so i fuck off home gutted. walks through the door n me birds cryin (and i mean hysterically) her eyes out cos the police have been on the .phone. so i rings the police back to say whats the crack, n they tell me to stop harreassing these people.

JESUS!

What do i do, i;ve been weel n truly ripped to fuck, n feel helpless , where do ya go from here??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
n
r

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I* would with the 500 notes requried for the repairs, have someone 'heavily mame' the twat, either that or have em killed, or at least shit em up with a big fuckoff knife.

* Hypothetically speaking of course :D

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
awww fkin gutted for ya .. im not really sure as to what ya can do like.. but id be straight down the solicitors early doors an get yer first hour free. i reckon they will hopefully be able to help ya.

:mad: there are some propa evil folk up an down int there.. an i bet he didnt even flinch when yer missus walked wi babe:dummy: ..
they say ya reep what ya sow tho...

best o luck with it mate..

Sasha

May 22, 2005
Monaco
groups.msn.com
Cor thats awful....what an arsehole...did he give you a signed receipt or anything...sounds really crap but can't you go to the citizens advice bureau and see what your options are.....apart from sending some one round to his house and cracking his knee caps of course!!!
Poor thing!!!

johny

Nov 15, 2005
Leeds
firstly i would get a second opinion from a another garage ofcourse without telling them what the first garage told you about the car.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Sasha said:
Can't you do something through e-bay??

Yep, reckon you should be able to, as no doubt the eBay motors section will have its own rules and regulations of what can/can't be done.

Have a read up on the eBay FAQ/Help sections.

Also try citezens advice.

Hope you manage to get something sorted out :thumbsup:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
kidnapp the **** i would got round with some heaves and kinnapp the **** and take him to a man hole and but him down it 4 a couple of days that will sort him out .OR go round and take a photo of his house and set up a fales e bay address up and sell the cunts house on ebay for £1 that would fuck him off too_OR take a photo of his wife and put it in all the phone boxes avertising sex.OR if you have his e mail address send him loads of shit like gay sex book things like that to his e mail address .

Sasha

May 22, 2005
Monaco
groups.msn.com
wezbash said:
kidnapp the **** i would got round with some heaves and kinnapp the **** and take him to a man hole and but him down it 4 a couple of days that will sort him out .OR go round and take a photo of this house and set up a fales e bay address up and sell the cunts house on ebay for £1 that would fuck him off too_OR take a photo of this wife and put it in all the phone boxes avertising sex.OR if you have his e mail address send him loads of shit like gay sex book things like that to his e mail address .

Thats really funny....errrrr.......must remember to always be nice to you;;;;;;:D

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Hope ya get it sorted mate but as the lad above said it would have been an idea to take a mechanic with ya just to be sure.

Have you explained to the police the full story since they had told ya not keep harrassing them. Mind you they wont give two fucks really i suppose.

Sorry not much help but i hope ya get it sorted fella.

Andy :thumbsup:

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
old_skool_daze said:
Youl should aways take a mechanic with you to give a car a once over.

Sorry but not much help.

err yeah nice one Mr hindsight, lol:thumbsup:

Really hope you get it sorted mate..If you know anyone to carry out Wezbashs option I'd say go for that.
An eye for an eye..A cunts trick for a cunts trick:thumbsup:

glazzy

Jan 4, 2002
I would deffo get in touch with ebay first. The car isn't what it says in the advert :( I aint too clued up on ebay but surely the can do something about it?? And i would deffo leave him a shitty feedback for his bad attitude aswell as the car. Also i would take the car to another garage like some1 else said just for a second opinion :thumbsup:

I f*kkin hate these type of people, there's no need for it but unfortunatley theres a lot of it happening :mad:

Did the garage give you any idea whats wrong with engine?? It sounds a bit dodgy that they said it needs stripping and surveying :confused: Surely they can give you some ideas of what could be wrong with it befor taking it to pieces. (that was my b/f's opinion anyway, he's worked in garages b4 and doesn't think it sounds right)

I hope you get it sorted out :thumbsup:

jayne x

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Awwww how dreadful m8!

Seeing as how you purchased the car due to the ebay advertisement you may have some backup on the fact that the item listed was not as it was described...id certainly have a go, they are quite good...ive got an ongoing dispute atm which is getting sorted :thumbsup:

id defo go see the cib too and maybe contact trading standards too see what advice you can get from them.....:thumbsup:

why dont you drop taff a pm and see if he can advise you where you stand legally m8......failing that give me his addy and ill go round there and petrol bomb the bastard for you :mad: for free.........!!!!

fingers crossed for you babes........if you dont get sorted and you get stuck you can have my old car to see you through:thumbsup: