Promised lands 17th June " Shades of Rythem & Ratpack " LIVE....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

DJ-DSS

Aug 14, 2005
Well as the flyer said this was a Re-union of " Summer of Love 88-89 "
and that it was.

The atmosphere was awesome, the freindliness of the people like it used to be. Not knowing people and there smiling madly at u, then coming over and shaking your hand some even throwing the hugs around. The ages being all over the board. Black people white people, young old....

Something that was really present there was the age group
I rekkon about 25-50(age) = about 70%

and the rest were sound aswell. Everyone had one thing in common they
were all there to expirience the oldskool.

The Dj's all played tune after tune, i didnt stop dancing all night. Was awesome. They were all dropping immense tunes and although the mixing wasnt what ud call " spot on " ( it never was back then anyway) the vibe and tunes were just so gud it didnt matter.

Squirrel and PhilGood were allot better they played last before the PA's so it mite of just been the system settling in and the crowd filling it all up aswell creating a clearer sound to mix on aswell (less bounce off the walls)

Then Shades of Rythem Came on And it was just amazing, they did there

" heres another chance for u to dance with me " straight away with the keyboard, drum machine and the bloke singin that...

" i never felt this way about someone like u......"

Propa stuff, real entertainer aswell getting the crowd involved.

Then after that the Dj set began, and it was unreal they were using the digital equiipment aswell as the decks and remixing the tunes while performing just awesome.

Next it was Rat Pack. Mr Everson is humble man. He started off by saying about back then how it was all about " One Nation....." and have u got a lift home, are u ok, do u need any water..... U could see his emotion and hear it as he was chatting.....

What can i say hes and entertainer, and really got everyone involved aswell. And as For Lip master Mark, he spun some amazing tunes.

When he dropped Technotronic The Place EXPLODED.... @5.35am.

All in all an amzing night im blown away. It was worth every penny. And Club Ko Ko ( camden palace) what a venu.

One main arena, with 3 levels of balconies in a semi circle going upwards.
Like a circlar theatre. The decor and light show was awesome. What a night and morning. The atmosphere just took me back. It blew us all away we cudnt get over how freindly everyone was, it surpassed all our ecxpectations.

now 7.08 am Need sleep. :