Pezz DiY tent Castlemorton

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

PEZZ

Feb 3, 2005
thanks for the upload Harri,

and welcome aboard Pezz, i was gonna upload that 'best of 91' set you sent me to the forum, if thats cool with you :eyebrow:

Go for it fella! I was going to get 50 - 100 cd made up to send out to people but sticking it up on here is fine - the more poeple who get to hear it the better.

I keep meaning to email you again but never got round to it. I have sorted out a load of my old tapes and have 55 dj sets of mine between 90 and 98 - just need to find some way of getting em onto cd / mp3...

PEZZ

Feb 3, 2005
TL Additions

Right then I had a brief listen through at work and picked up the following that had been missed on a first listen - [it's a bloody good mix if I may say so myself...I was not bad at that mixing malarky was I]

track 3 is Metazone - More 4 [monster breakbeat track that I never heard anyone else ever play - big tune for me!] Metazone - More 4 This

got the clubland one and tribal spirit ones but looks like someone else got these too

11 So Damn Tuff - Pleasure and Pain on East West

12 Natures Calling [I'm sure I had this on an Italian label possibly Media but it was also on a US label too - checked discogs but no help there - I also think I saw it a few months back in my collection - I'll have a rummage...]

20 Cookie Crew – Brother Like Sister [Sure Is Pure Mix - I think]

I will have a better listen and hopefully get a few of the others

matt72

May 22, 2006
Manchester.
Go for it fella! I was going to get 50 - 100 cd made up to send out to people but sticking it up on here is fine - the more poeple who get to hear it the better.

I keep meaning to email you again but never got round to it. I have sorted out a load of my old tapes and have 55 dj sets of mine between 90 and 98 - just need to find some way of getting em onto cd / mp3...

Do you remember playing at a Love Revolution night at Snobs in Birmingham around about 1992??

Silentdoubleu

Sep 4, 2006
1. Melisa Morgan-Still in Love with You (Hard Love dub)
2. ?
3. Metazone - More 4
3. Lemon Interuppt - Big Mouth
4. ?
5. Tribal Spirit - Rave Off
6. Mixes from the Black Machine - Double Mix 2 x 12"
7. Clubland - Set Me Free
8. Beat Club - Dreams were made to be broken
9. Crystal waters - Gypsy Woman
10. ?
11. So Damn Tuff - Pleasure and Pain12. Whyte-Promises (capassa mix)
12. Natures Calling
13. Nush - Nush (N.Y Strings Mix)
14. ?
15. Blake Baxter - One More Time
16. Earth People - Dance
17. ?
18. Indie-Appolonia
19. ?
20 Cookie Crew – Brother Like Sister (Sure Is Pure Mix)
21. Sister sledge-We Are Family (DMC Remix)
22. Briefly ?

So peeps whats that number 4, love it

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

cool, ill get it uploaded this week when i get a chance

55 tapes to convert, that will take a while to do :crazy:

thats the annoying bit that all old sets are on tape and need to be converted to get them online

ive just spent the last few years converting all the tapes i had and it took an age to do :fekked:

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
Excellent stuff to have ya onboard Pezz, like many others ive always loved ya vibes along with the whole DIY thing :thumbsup:

Blessed with the likes of Tony Ross playing on here, fingers crossed you might have a spin 2 phones:

PEZZ

Feb 3, 2005
Do you remember playing at a Love Revolution night at Snobs in Birmingham around about 1992??

remember it well - played mc buzz b 'never change' amongst other - it was a really good night - loved the dj box in the middle of the club

matt72

May 22, 2006
Manchester.
remember it well - played mc buzz b 'never change' amongst other - it was a really good night - loved the dj box in the middle of the club

Remember you playing it as well, not bad considering it was over 15 years ago, i bumped into Jonah the other night he was the guy who would have booked you that night. Had some excellent nights at Snobs the night got moved to the Institute due to popularity. I am sure Jonah has a copy of the tape from that night i will try and get it off him:thumbsup:

Ford Prefect

Jul 4, 2004
Alright Pezz,nice to see you on here.
I miss the Bounce nights like mad,i first went when they were at rockaderos and got hooked :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ford Prefect

Jul 4, 2004
My mate DJ ZY used to do the warm up sets at Bounce in Nottingham.never went myself but he said it was a quality night.

N1 Meese,dont think i can remember your mate but he was right,the vibe at the bounce nights was the friendliest ive seen and the music was always spot on imo :thumbsup:

I'll try and get some flyers scanned and add to the archive

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
N1 Meese,dont think i can remember your mate but he was right,the vibe at the bounce nights was the friendliest ive seen and the music was always spot on imo :thumbsup:

I'll try and get some flyers scanned and add to the archive

Bounce did it for me.. up until that point only really been listening to the hardcore sound. Dance Factory, Venus, Gold..

walgman

Mar 30, 2007
I remember Castlemorton.

The Diy tent was perched atop a large hill which formed a great chilling spot in the morning and gave us a good view over the police and their helicopter.

I went to maybe 50 DiY parties but this was one of my first and I remember their style blowing me away.

Thanks for this mix man. The memories are flooding back. :)