Oldskool Nights in London

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Not a lot out there...

Classic old school in the HazyDayz style? Not possible.

Closest to it I found was a night on 3rd Thursday each month at Brixton Mass. I think that's now ended.

The St Matthew's Church club complex opened up another area called 3rd Base last year, which was more an underground garage, funked up house and sometime old school classics night.

London clubs are there to make money... plus London clubbers (however diverse in age) are mainly under 25 - old school to them could be anything from late hardcore/early drum n bass through to 2 step garage.

Other than that, you've got the likes of Raindance, One Nation, Fantazia and other big promotion companies putting on one off nights at places like Alexander/Crystal Palace, SE1 (London Bridge), with half decent old school rooms (nice vibe etc), but the choons yer gonna hear there will be along the lines of Not Forgotten, Go, RSW, etc... though I did hear Yo Yo Get Funky at about 4am in the Raindance old school room earlier this year.

If you hear of owt, let me know... :thumbsup:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
The Boys Own crew still put on nights under the "Faith" badge

Not sure if they play "old skool"

I think the playlist is more on a deep house / disco & balearic classics vibe..

If I lived in London, I'd deffo pop along to see what it was like, they had a room at the NY do playing all the old balearic Shoom / Boys Own / Chicago stuff I think.

I can imagine it being very cliquey and pretentious though :|

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Dj M Jaxx said:
Try ComeTogether Timo and Nathans nights, ive played there a few times. If you are looking for that hazys feeling, then there is nothing much that gets any closer than this :thumbsup:

www.cometogether2.co.uk

I haven't been to many London nights out but did go to CT and it was fantastic..the venue was nice and dingy, cheap drinks and good music and of course Jaxxy was there:thumbsup:
Plus... the crowd were reasonably friendly..considering they were mainly from darn sarf:D