old record mailers

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
not sure if this is the right area but worth a go.

i sell a bit on Ogs and the price of mailers and postage is becoming a joke but there must be people on here that have old mailers and stiffners hanging around.

so in the interest of recycling and being green would someone like to swap old mailers and stiffners in decent condition for records to a similar value.

i would expect 100 mailers and stiffners to cost about £7 to send by parcelforce - what do you think is this a fair price?

just thought this may help someone clear there ever increasing mailer pile

stu

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
not sure if this is the right area but worth a go.

i sell a bit on Ogs and the price of mailers and postage is becoming a joke but there must be people on here that have old mailers and stiffners hanging around.

so in the interest of recycling and being green would someone like to swap old mailers and stiffners in decent condition for records to a similar value.

i would expect 100 mailers and stiffners to cost about £7 to send by parcelforce - what do you think is this a fair price?

just thought this may help someone clear there ever increasing mailer pile

stu

know what ya mean dude, i use the mailers I recieve tunes in to send tunes out. There is a small lil place near where I work that does plastic sleeves, stiffners, mailers etc . . . normal a pretty decent price, if you like I could get you some quotes to see if that could help ya out??

May get em cheaper

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Any that I get I re-use if they are any good and I always say this on my sales pitch as some people can get a bit funny.......which is a whole new topic.

As I buy records from l around the world......(had some nice little results within the last 2 weeks) I get to sample the best postage sleeve from around the world including a paper bag from France:mad: , slightly better plastic bag from USA:$ and all sorts of cut up bits including a sleeve made from wood (which weighed more than the 3 records):( . One of my regular contacts insists on packing say 30 records in a box big enough to fit 200 records in?. They always turn up safe though

S

ps, I pay £15 for 100 mailers and stiffners (which maybe a little expensive compared to some but works for me) and postage at the moment £1.95 via royal mail 2nd class, going up 15% on 1st April though!!

Any that I get I re-use if they are any good and I always say this on my sales pitch as some people can get a bit funny.......which is a whole new topic.

As I buy records from l around the world......(had some nice little results within the last 2 weeks) I get to sample the best postage sleeve from around the world including a paper bag from France:mad: , slightly better plastic bag from USA:$ and all sorts of cut up bits including a sleeve made from wood (which weighed more than the 3 records):( . One of my regular contacts insists on packing say 30 records in a box big enough to fit 200 records in?. They always turn up safe though

S

ps, I pay £15 for 100 mailers and stiffners (which maybe a little expensive compared to some but works for me) and postage at the moment £1.95 via royal mail 2nd class, going up 15% on 1st April though!!

I had fuckin loads of these, had to throw 'em in the end......sorry, but my attic was becoming a serious fire hazard, and being in the same place as the plastic, I thought, well....mmmmm......

On the topic of international mailers I've got a nice little selection of pizza boxes up there, shipped from the home of the pizza !

I was horrified when I opened my first one years ago (back home lol), the tune was flappin about inside, I was like what the fuck ! But when I calmed down and checked I was quite chuffed as I fuckin love take away pizza so it was like a double whammy, a brucey bonus for me, two for one !

I even scanned 'em and put 'em up on here a while back, and it pleased me to see I wasn't alone so I thought I'm fuckin onto somet here, let's start a website, but then I thought I've only got six of 'em !

:D :D :D :D :D