Nu old skool tunes

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
For me, one of todays problems with dance music is that its too genre based. Id like to hear a bit more diversity in a set more often.

Eg just been listenin to some upto date electro and although I quite like it it gets a bit much after a while and a bit samey

I heared an old Hacienda mix the other day and how refreshing it was to hear a little bit of everything... house, garage, techno etc

Diversity still does happen ;)

There is shit new dance music just as there is amazing new dance music... just as there is shit old dance music & amazing old dance music - it's all subjective.

However proportion-wise I'd say the years 1988 (& before) to about 1994 are so special - because everyone is still chasing tunes from this era - & they still command a price. That is why they are called 'classics'.

Jamie Principle - Waiting On My Angel

Jamie Principle - Your Love

The two tunes above were created in 1984 & were played on reel to reel tape & adored before even being finally pressed on vinyl in 1985 & 1986. They were both so ahead of the game for the time & even today are revered, respected & loved... you only have to listen to the crowd reaction whenever they are dropped to see this.

But then they weren't created in the be-all & end-all universe that is Manchester so they don't count :rolleyes:

Likewise you can NEVER create the buzz from back in the day... it was new, fresh, exciting, naughty & NOTHING like it had gone before.

Easty, no offense son, but you are wrong - you weren't there back in the day & you I doubt you remember growing up in Thatchers Britain... with the exception of Blues parties everything closed at 2, you had to wear a suit to get into a club & the music was shite.... Acid House & Raving changed everything

I'm sorry if this comes as a shock but there is a huge great big world outside of the M60 circular

Absolutely brilliant post shooms :thumbsup: especially loved these bits

But then they weren't created in the be-all & end-all universe that is Manchester so they don't count :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this comes as a shock but there is a huge great big world outside of the M60 circular

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

I have lived in Manchester now for nearly 4 years and I still dont get this 'Manchester is great' thing :confused: :confused: :|