Nintendo Wii

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

simzzzz

had mine about 6 weeks, its good really enjoyable, excellent for parties :thumbsup: for me theres a slight lack of games quality at present Always is at start of a console launch. ( apart from Zedla ) However saying that Mad March is on its way on theres loads coming out then worth playing..tiger woods golf looks superb :thumbsup:

the boxing is bloody knackering, have you tried the boxing training ? man thats like a propper workout

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
Ive heard they're rly dangerous?! It flew off in2 my neighbours plasma TV!! And saw on new tht a lil boy broke his arm after te thing flew in2 it?! Nah i deffo aint gettin 1of em!!

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
im too addicted to my 360 to get a WII at the moment - only just got a nintendo ds lite so i could do the brain training and play mario cart :D

but the WII's do look good though and if it wasnt for the fact ive spent a small fortune recently on my xbox and trying to get a mortgage as well id deffo get a wii......:D

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Well I've been patiently waiting (for what seems like forever) for the PS3 and it'll take more than a novelty controller to tempt me to buy anything else. Sony all the way for me. :thumbsup:

simzzzz

the Wii is very good, but have to say I am still unsure of the system & its power ! there is a lot of issues with lock ups on certain games such as Call duty and far cry. The system stops for around 10- 60seconds and you just cant use the remote when there is a lot of action going on. not good in a war game with loads peeps firing at ya ! lol

hopefully should improve with time, also with more variety of games to choose from it should get better.

got to say though I think the nunchuck controller is the most comfortable I have ever used, would be ace to have just 2 of those with more buttons. so you have motion sensing in both hands and 2 analogue movements with the small joysticks :thumbsup: would be the perfect controller

PS3 does look amazing but very pricey, hower the price seems nothing when you think the blue ray discs holds 50GB works out to Over 9 hours of high-definition video & About 23 hours of standard-definition video. Imagine the size of the games levels.

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
LOl looks like all the real bowling ive done over the years has come in useful just bowled a 278 on Wii bowling.

Only had 1 spare rest were al strikes......now for that 300 lol

Im loving Wii Sports & Zelda :D :thumbsup:

simzzzz

heres my Mii :$ :$ look like a right trainspotter :S

come on post ya Mii's

Attachments

• simon Mii.JPG
    simon Mii.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 59

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
I'll put mine up mate, erm how did you do yours did u take a picture of the telly or somthing or can you save em off on sd cards or somat :confused:

simzzzz

I'll put mine up mate, erm how did you do yours did u take a picture of the telly or somthing or can you save em off on sd cards or somat :confused:

took a phone pic from TV, go into the editing bit as they are bigger and clearer image.

been on Zelda tonight, found the fishing bit in boat bloody addictive ! so far 32 hours and not even halfway through its never ending !

simzzzz

hey peeps any OSA members got a Wii and want to share there Mii 's ??
heres how to do it so you can play against my Mii's I made ( I am such a gimp:$ )

basically addiing other people's Wii codes will mean their Miis will end up on your Mii Plaza and pop up in various games.

Below is a quick version of how to add these codes:

1. Connect - your Wii eg via wireless link otherwise this won't work.

2. Your Wii code can be found in Message channel => Create Message => Address Book and go to the very first page.

3. To add a friend, Select Register => Wii and add their code and name. Let them know through a PM that you have added them. When they do the same, you will see their name bolded in your Address Book.

4. Mii Plaza - on the first page of the Mii editor make sure you hit the Mingle button for each Mii so that they can Mingle onto friend's parades.

5. Mii Parade: Visiting friends' Miis will (eventually) gather in your Parade. You can then port those Miis over to your Mii Plaza, allowing you to use them in Mii-compatible games.

my Wii code is 8395 8512 0754 0323 :thumbsup: let us know if ya use it