Nintendo Wii

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
got this off another forum i go to:

Brian on the forum posted:::

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd. has some cautionary advice for players of its Wii video game console: when waving the controller, use the wrist strap, keep your palms dry and, whatever you do, don't let go.

The Wii has been pitched as a cheap alternative to pricier machines from Microsoft Corp. and Sony Corp., but some gamers complain they are facing unexpected costs after losing their grip on the console's remote control and smashing their televisions and other appliances.

so just warned and keep a strong hold of that controller!!!

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
Stylee news Reuters

"if your a fat geek dont get a Wii as your lilkey to have a heart attack playing games such as Daley Thompson supertest Wii and Wii Hyper Sports, If you start to get pains shooting in your arms whilst playing sit down, this means your likley to die of a cardio vascular permitation, or a fookin massive heart attack, why not ease yourself into the Wii, get a treadmill you fat fooker or doing some jogging or summat, your mother always said games would be the death of you, and with a combination of the KFC fooket bucket and the bigmac banquet you had for your breakfast the Wii is gonna do ya!"

Dont shoot the messenger :)

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
trust me me im am gutted man from guttedville that i didnt get mine yesterday doubt im gonna get mine b4 xmas either which is well naff

had a nice day with my folks tho so that was a bonus and got bought some new clothes yay :D :thumbsup: for my birthday :D

Grouch

Registered Member
Oct 26, 2006
west yorkshire
the new joystick concept looks really good, but from what ive seen the graphics dont look all that clever, is the joystick thing used on every single game or can you just use a joypad if you wanted?

simzzzz

the new joystick concept looks really good, but from what ive seen the graphics dont look all that clever, is the joystick thing used on every single game or can you just use a joypad if you wanted?

you can buy a joypad as extra, my opinion it defeats the object of the console though, as its marketed and targeted because of its unique control system, if you want to play with a normal joypad go for the 360 as graphics lot better.
From What I seen in the shops though of the Wii, the graphics aint as bad as what everyone saying.:thumbsup:
gutted aint got mine for Xmas !!! oh well

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to

The downloadable classic games use the classic joypad or you can use a gamecube controller which is compatible with most classic games. The graphics for most games are quite good they just don't have the same sheen on them as seen in 360 games but can still offer the same games with no alterations other than slightly blander graphics.

Wii Sports is where graphically, the Wii looks piss poor. The games included on this disc are all games that were used to test the Wii in its development stages hence the basic look. However, its free with the console so who gives a scheizen?

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
r kids fella has one and its ace. only thing is tho it knackers ya out! i played tennis, golf, baseball and bowling last night and today i can hardly move my arm lol

what u will find in a few months time is that all the computer geeks of the world will have 1 buffed up as hell arm lol

highly recomend gettin one there fun fun fun :thumbsup:

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
r kids fella has one and its ace. only thing is tho it knackers ya out! i played tennis, golf, baseball and bowling last night and today i can hardly move my arm lol

what u will find in a few months time is that all the computer geeks of the world will have 1 buffed up as hell arm lol

highly recomend gettin one there fun fun fun :thumbsup:

they sound ace only saw an advert tonight for em after this thread! how much are they ?

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
why is it that every1 has to wank themselves off over graphics all the time. Its not graphics that makes a game playable is it. The Wii has introduced a whole to new world of interactive game play....so waht if the graphics are quiet as good as X-box or PS 3 or PC etc, im not buying it for graphics Im buying it for gameplay

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
why is it that every1 has to wank themselves off over graphics all the time. Its not graphics that makes a game playable is it. The Wii has introduced a whole to new world of interactive game play....so waht if the graphics are quiet as good as X-box or PS 3 or PC etc, im not buying it for graphics Im buying it for gameplay

Good call fella, just dont pull yur back out whilst twatting the air :D

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
Ive got mine yesterday yay at least exactly two months after my birthday and that was the same day of the last post on this thread strangely..

anyway it rocks im well impressed the bowling ace...it well like the real thing ive been bowling just like a i do when im really bowling lol, except for releaseing th wiimote into the telly.

great fun :D