Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Thers Only one team in the North east :spin:

uusiborologo_350_300.jpg

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Roy Keane comments, Saturday:
"If one or two ran on the pitch, well they've had plenty of time to wait for the chance."

28 years, Roy... 28 years...
You'd just left school to help your da tarmac drives, and taken a lump hammer to your first greyhound the last time...

Roy Keane comments, Tuesday:

"Clearly we can't have supporters running on to the football pitch. It can't be tolerated. It is up to the FA and the police to sort it out, I've got enough on my plate sorting the team out."

Ain't that the truth...

:thumbsup: :cool:

rich_m

Jun 26, 2007
Stoke on Trent
Good result for Newcastle, look a better side since the new boss has been there.

Villa confuse me, can be a really good side but screw up games like this.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Good result for Newcastle, look a better side since the new boss has been there.

Villa confuse me, can be a really good side but screw up games like this.

Yeah... to be honest it's the same malaise that affects all of the supposed "break in to the top four" teams (and has affected arsenal this year as well). It's well and good having a great team on paper and destroying teams 4 & 5 nowt but the real mark of a class side is consistency. Liverpool look to have nailed that this year, and look where they are.

Look at all the teams who've been in and around the top four last few years...(I'll include Newcastle cos going back to the Robson era they were nailed on top six), you've got Spurs (when they were at their recent best), Villa at the minute, Everton, Man City at the minute, Pompey over the last couple of years... Even Hammers under Pardew...

All great teams on their day capable of playing lovely football & ripping decent teams apart, but then a week later they'll play someone 12 places below in the pissing rain & get beat 2-1.

The team to really turn the top 4 into a top 5 will be the team who beats everyone else at home, and either wins or draws away regardless of the opposition. It's not beating the teams that's hard it's picking up points consistently.

For my money, the 2 teams who have looked most like doing that in recent years were Bolton under Allardyce and Blackburn under Sparky. Which bodes well for city fans I guess.

Gotta say... I was as amazed/puzzled/worried as most people when JFK walked in the door at our place, but he was always good tactically and his teams always over-achieved. I can think of worse qualities to have in a manager when you're fighting for your life at the bottom of the table. Hats off to him I say. And good luck to him in winning a pukka full time gig off the back of the Toon job. It took balls to stand up & be counted and take it on with the state things were/are in. Credit where it's due.

We are a much better unit and look capable of scoring every game with Owen fit & in the side. Was ace to see him coming on at the end last night. Hopefully we can string a few results together now & get up in or around the top half.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
From todays Times...

"Two British men held captive by pirates off Somalia have spoken for the first time from on board the captured Sirius Star.

Ten days after the Saudi oil tanker and its 25 crew were seized by “heavily armed” pirates in the notorious waters of the Gulf of Aden, Peter French and James Grady were allowed to speak by telephone to ITV News.

Mr French, the ship’s chief engineer, from Co Durham, said: “The pirates are no problem whatsoever. We have had no mistreatment or anything.

“Hopefully we are going to get some more phone calls to our families soon. Our families don’t have too much to worry about at the moment. All in all, we are not too badly off.”

Before passing the telephone to the second British hostage, Mr French asked ITV News about the Newcastle United score at the weekend. On hearing of his team’s 0-0 draw away to Chelsea, he said: “Excellent, that’s a good score for us."

:rofl:
:D :cool: :love: