Manchestoh
What a comedy its turning into now :|

he has sacked alan shearer today , thats gonna go down well :rofl:

the best thing he can do imo is sack wise and reinstate keegan then fook off

he must be the most hated man in the north east atm lol :condom:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I know very little about Newcastle Utd's problems, but like most, I had thought they were caused by Ashley appointing Wise and the conflicts that were going to ensue with the manager there.

After reading his statement though, he seemed to have done a lot of good there too. It seemed like a genuine heartfelt response :thumbsup: so lets see how the fans take it:S

pleasuredrom2

Nov 6, 2006
WIGAN
I think he's tried his best and has the best interest of the club at heart, but how can such a good businessman make such bad mistakes?

If he not fit run the club should let some1 that can.

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
I thought his statement was very honest though:

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Newcastle | Mike Ashley statement

Ashley definitely should have done a lot of things differently (not having Wise as director of football for one) but there seems to be a huge amount of fans from all clubs these days that don't appreciate that the clubs are businesses and need to be run as such if they are not to go under.

to be honest i have not read that , i will do tho

o0_woody_0o

Nov 19, 2007
it was a mess before he took over tbh... they have done nowt since the first time keegan was there.. yeah made a mistake taking on wise. also they should of given big sam more time tbh ... hes gona sell which is fair play to him..

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Not gonna bite, Blandy ;)

Yeah, it's a fucking soap opera.
I hate it.
But they are and will always be my club.
Whatever happens with Mike Ashley, I don't think Keegan should come back.
They need someone new, but who? Who in their right mind would take it on after this?

Mike Ashley has been very naive. He had a golden opportunity to make a success of the club, but he has made some unbelievably bad choices. I would say appointing Keegan as the returning Messiah was probably top of the list. Next was trusting his mates... the ex-Spurs "cockney mafia". That type of cadre of mutual back scratching & pocket lining was always gonna antagonise the groundswell of support up there.

The media perception I think is that all Toon fans embraced Keegan's return with open arms, but that's not the case. The reaction amongst the fans I know was "Fuck me... oh well... it can't get any worse... let's see what happens". It was always even money gonna end in tears. Now it has. "King Kev" shirts were just a manifestation of the naivety of both chairman, and large sections of the fans.

To bring keegan back a third time (as manager) would be a disaster IMO. To say nothing of sending out all the wrong messages. New owners (Ashley has burned his bridges) new manager (I've got my shortlist) and finally an end to "Roy of the Rovers" sentimentality winning the day over common sense. Draw a line under the Keystone cops routine that has been my club since Bobby Robson's day.

For sure performances and (god forbid) league position will get worse before they get better. For sure Milner will not be the last decent player out the door (thats the real tragedy speaking as a fan), but a change at the top of the board as well as a new manager is a massive opportunity to finally tap the potential of the region and the fanbase properly, and build the club into a force in English football. It can happen. It has happened before. Previously it was built on sand by self serving charlatan directors. Ashley had an opportunity to change all that, and fucked it up with spectacular naivety. Whoever comes in next has a great chance to do it properly. Legendary status awaits the right people.
Howay the fucking lads.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Just read this article in print... posting the online version with you all...

Newcastle United fans are the club's biggest problem | Newcastle - Times Online

Fella doesn't beat around the bush :rofl:

Funny though, how the day before, the same paper were saying this...
The end of a car-Toon era at St James’ | Premier League - Times Online

And it's really come to something, when little local paper The Northern Echo publishes this which contains more balance and insight than either of the Times articles.

Syed ought to be ashamed and embarrassed at writing and putting his name to such rubbish. And he should resign & go & work for a mackem fanzine, where that sort of tenth-rate journalistic posturing and fanatical bias & delusion would be par for the course.

;)

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Surely after failing in Football, Ice Hockey, Rugby and Basketball it's time for Newcastle to try another sport...

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Had to laugh when i saw this earlier...

Believed to be currently considering the managerial role @ SJP:

Heather Mills
Roberto Duran
Duran Duran
David Miliband
Churchill the Dog
Boris Johnson
Barbara Windsor