New found drinks!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Yer all ponces..... there's only one cider of note... when you absolutely, positively have to get wankered beyond belief on a budget accept no substitute...

Dublin+001.jpg

j/k btw :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: FJ is fit only for tramps, slags or Lottie (same thing really)

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
If you want a really nice beer, then I can wholeheartedly recommend Leffe Radieuse- red top Leffe.
It weighs in at 8,2% but tastes much nicer than blonde (which I like anyway) & the strength isn't reflected at all in the taste.
Nigh on impossible to find in the East Midlands.

Sainsburys used to stock it all the time, but only bigger stores. Not bought any for a while. If you like that you'll love similar strengthed Leffe Trippel :thumbsup: Then its on to La Chouffe, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, Duvel and many more till you end at the Mecca of Westvleteren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buyers were originally limited to ten 24-bottle crates of the beer per car, but as the beer increased in popularity, this was first reduced to five, then to two. When making an order now, the type and quantity of beer for sale are revealed. Sales are limited to one order per month per person/license plate. Also, the beer must be reserved on their "beerphone" (+32 (0)70 21 00 45) beforehand. The monks will never sell you any beer if you just drive up to the abbey hoping to get some. The reason for this is to eliminate commercial reselling, and hence give all visitors a chance to buy some.
Had one unsuccesful journey there :cry:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Sainsburys used to stock it all the time, but only bigger stores. Not bought any for a while. If you like that you'll love similar strengthed Leffe Trippel :thumbsup: Then its on to La Chouffe, Hoegaarden Grand Cru, Duvel and many more till you end at the Mecca of Westvleteren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buyers were originally limited to ten 24-bottle crates of the beer per car, but as the beer increased in popularity, this was first reduced to five, then to two. When making an order now, the type and quantity of beer for sale are revealed. Sales are limited to one order per month per person/license plate. Also, the beer must be reserved on their "beerphone" (+32 (0)70 21 00 45) beforehand. The monks will never sell you any beer if you just drive up to the abbey hoping to get some. The reason for this is to eliminate commercial reselling, and hence give all visitors a chance to buy some.
Had one unsuccesful journey there :cry:

The Westvleteren sounds good.
I don't like Duvel. My next fave after Radieuse is Chimay Blue (but it's 1.90 per bottle in ASDA :| ). I quite like Leffe Trippel but prefer Leffe 9%, which is also great tasting. Interbev or Interbrew or whatever they are called were importing small quantities of Radieuse into Majestics, but have stopped doing so (you generally had to order it in advance). I managed to buy it in a Sainsburys in Notts a couple of years ago, but looks like I'll have to make the trip to France to buy it now. Although I saw some in a shop in Newquay mid August at 99p a bottle :thumbsup: , great value, considering it's usually 1.35 in a 24 crate. Shame I had flown there.