mummifying Alan

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Really interesting stuff Dan, i am truly amazed at how advanced these ancient egyptions actually were, understaning how the human body works and how to prevent decay etc.....much more advanced than we are today considering the technolgy we have....if we did not have access to the mummys they created we would never have learned the processess they used......

It was a little bit grusome in part but all in the name of science which made it more tolerable for someone like me who is a tad squimish :$

Well worth a watch if you are interested in learning anything about the ancients and science.... :thumbsup:

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Great programme I'm pretty sure if we weren't trying to replicate the way the Egyptians did with their resources we'd be able to do a better job with the technology we have these days.. I would like to mummify my dad and stand him in the corner of the room like Mr Dead!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Might give this a watch later. It could be interesting, but i've seen documentaries about how they mummified ancient Egyptians before, so not sure if i'm going to learn anything new.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Might give this a watch later. It could be interesting, but i've seen documentaries about how they mummified ancient Egyptians before, so not sure if i'm going to learn anything new.

I think you well learn something new Jim, they are focussing largely on the eighteeth dynasty mummys which have been preserved far far better than any other mummys found before or after that..... what they intended to do was to try to preserve alan in the same way but still trial and error for them as they could only find so mny clues from the mummys they have.... very interesting stuff... :thumbsup:

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Great programme I'm pretty sure if we weren't trying to replicate the way the Egyptians did with their resources we'd be able to do a better job with the technology we have these days.. I would like to mummify my dad and stand him in the corner of the room like Mr Dead!

I was so pissed last night I can't even remember writing that.. It makes very little sense!!