Oct 10, 2007
right peeps im looking at a new mixer what out of these two would you buy

1) ALLEN & HEATH XONE 62

2) PIONEER DJM 600

woody

1) ALLEN & HEATH XONE 62

2) PIONEER DJM 600

personally i'd get the pioneer. Not a big fan of a&h but thats mainly because the only time ive used one is in a club and an unfamiliar mixer is my worst nitemare when I'm playin' out. lol :D Canos got the pioneer and we use it for IMH and its ace and really simple layout. Everything does as its supposed to:thumbsup:

suddy

Jun 11, 2003
leigh
both crackin mixers ! you cant go wrong with either of them, the allen & heath xone 92 is a beast aswel.if i had to choose it would be the allen & heath. :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
After reading a thread in music chat recently, I wouldn't discount the Numark 5000fx from the equation too if you need more than 2 channels, at least the way Shooms raves about his;)

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
The Allen & Heath is a little bit quirky especially when u aint used one before, but offers better sound. You will grow to love it. Though if you scratch the cross fader aint the best for that.

Pioneer is defo a popular choice and the few times Iv used one always been more than satisfied.

Both are ace, you will be happy with either.:thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Out of the two you listed, deffo the DJM600

If you can afford it though, I'd go for the DJM800 - much improved sound quality and effects on it are superb.

Allen & Heath mixers are rubbish imo, if you are a dj that likes to scratch, forget trying to with the Allen & Heath mixers, it ain't gonna happen.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I can't get my 3rd deck to work with my 600:S

It might be built like a tank on the outside but it's been built by munchkin men on the inside;) Mine has a few other quirks too and the sound quality isn't amazing either.

Decide what you want from a mixer first, then look at what the mixer can do for you;)

Monty

Apr 8, 2006

1) ALLEN & HEATH XONE 62

2) PIONEER DJM 600

im getting a deal with two cdj's 1000 and a mixer and ive deceied im getting a allen & heath i have read up on it :thumbsup:

The Allen & Heath XONE:62 does not come with a scratch crossfader Bren you will be disapointed with the crossfader in that one don't buy it! The Allen & Heath XONE:92 does come with a scratch crossfader with curve adjustment but you need to spend more money mate it's much better that the Allen & Heath XONE:62 i have used the Allen & Heath XONE:92 for years i love it,i ain't got one now but will get another i miss it!...It's a true Professional DJ mixer the best out there for an all round DJ = Producer/Club DJ/Scratch DJ as i mention Producer meaning it has a feeliing of depth the warmth is lovely once you get that warmth you will not want to let it go!...

This was a mess about i did ages on the Allen & Heath XONE:92 it's ok but just to show you how good the crossfader is!...

http://6lobal.net/ftp/Monty/Monty_Scratching_Allen_&_Heath_XONE92_Crossfader.mp3

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens

It might be built like a tank on the outside but it's been built by munchkin men on the inside;) Mine has a few other quirks too and the sound quality isn't amazing either.

Decide what you want from a mixer first, then look at what the mixer can do for you;)

no way i av the same problem,i get sound but really low,ive tried the deck through the channel 1 and it works fine,n e 1 know how to fix this ?:)

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here

no way i av the same problem,i get sound but really low,ive tried the deck through the channel 1 and it works fine,n e 1 know how to fix this ?:)

You 2 must be doing summat wrong:confused: ,ive just tried one of my decks into each of the 3 channels and the sound is spot on through each one no lose of sound at all:)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Nope! It's plugged into the phono and the switch is set at phono;)

The deck works in other phono sockets but not that one.

I can get weak sound by plugging it into the line in socket and flicking the switch to line in, but not in the phono sockets set to phono.

Seems strange the same fault is in both mixers too, although Postie sounds like he's plugged into his line in to me:S

I have had the deck working in a 3 deck set up by using 2 mixers and then plugging that mixer into the line in, but not directly using the phono:|

leaky

Apr 11, 2006

thats odd jim it was a 600 i used for that osa set and i had both turntables and a cdj plugged in without any problem, its a while back now but don't remember any connection problems :confused: :confused:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
A cd deck uses line in tho leaky and a record deck uses phono. For some reason phono 3 isn't working on mine, but the line in is:S

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I tend to have it set up with channel 2 on the left (phono 1) and channel 3 on the right (phono 2) but i've tried all combinations;) It isn't rocket science tho sy, but aye it does sound faulty given that phono 3 isn't working:|

Seems strange that posties having the same probs with his tho:S

Like I said ..... built like a tank on the outside and not the best inside.