Mixers what you got ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
So I've got the decks now.....what are the good mixers these days
My last mixer was a Vestax PMC15 for me the sale point was easy removal x fader, transform scratching buttons and you could put 3 decks though it ( only did this once when my mate brought one of his round)
From what I've seen nowadays you've got fx's buttons, bpm counters (wtf?), scratch mixers
Do scratch mixers have a better xfade?

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
So much choice now it’s hard to know where to start.

I’d maybe think how many channels you want, do you want it DVS enabled (Serato, Traktor, recordbox) and budget then you can narrow down the options.

If you big on scratching you can most likely buy a “innofader” and fit it to your mixer - these are the best x-faders about and are easily fitted n replaced👍

Reactions: Ruffenuff

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Er er....wtf is dvs & serato? o_O
I like the ides of the removable xfade...as I always found it was the 1st thing to go, I was never a heavy scratcher more sorta old skool hip hop.
Back in the day when I used to mix (88-95) , I was more along the lines of 'Richy Fingers' I like to be busy always doing stuff rather than just nod my head lining up the next mix.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Er er....wtf is dvs & serato? o_O
I like the ides of the removable xfade...as I always found it was the 1st thing to go, I was never a heavy scratcher more sorta old skool hip hop.
Back in the day when I used to mix (88-95) , I was more along the lines of 'Richy Fingers' I like to be busy always doing stuff rather than just nod my head lining up the next mix.

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Oooh right.....cheers
Quick answer...no, I'll just be using pure vinyl....keeping it real ( and simple ;) )...saying that tho, it'll be good to upload any half decent mixes with my mates

Last edited:
Reactions: Superdance

Ade-Analogue

Jun 16, 2021
Oooh right.....cheers
Quick answer...no, I'll just be using pure vinyl....keeping it real ( and simple ;) )...saying that tho, it'll be good to upload any half decent mixes with my mates

I've run a similar path to yourself by the sounds of it. I started in the late 80's, 1210's & a Numark by 1990, but then slowly started to back off in 1998 when Bugged Out @ Sankeys shut. I stopped going out & buying vinyl by 2000 and went off to start a business.....
Then in 2014 i started to buy a few tunes and set my decks back up, my old Numark mixer was long gone though. I replaced it with an Allen & Heath Xone 23C two channel with a USB port & INNO fader. great kit!
Strictly vinyl only, for life (y)

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
I've run a similar path to yourself by the sounds of it. I started in the late 80's, 1210's & a Numark by 1990, but then slowly started to back off in 1998 when Bugged Out @ Sankeys shut. I stopped going out & buying vinyl by 2000 and went off to start a business.....
Then in 2014 i started to buy a few tunes and set my decks back up, my old Numark mixer was long gone though. I replaced it with an Allen & Heath Xone 23C two channel with a USB port & INNO fader. great kit!
Strictly vinyl only, for life (y)
Bang on brother (y)
Just looked the mixer you got up...looks perfect.....strange how these dayz ill be paying more for the mixer than the decks.....
Going by the A&H mixer....the reloop kutz looks good also.....both inno fader

Reactions: Ade-Analogue

Ade-Analogue

Jun 16, 2021
Bang on brother (y)
Just looked the mixer you got up...looks perfect.....strange how these dayz ill be paying more for the mixer than the decks.....
Going by the A&H mixer....the reloop kutz looks good also.....both inno fader

For the price its a tidy little peice of kit, sounds great, really well made with a few toys on it. Also has a USB port so you can record on to your laptop via Audacity, for those weird mates that don't accept D90's anymore ;)

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
ve
For the price its a tidy little peice of kit, sounds great, really well made with a few toys on it. Also has a USB port so you can record on to your laptop via Audacity, for those weird mates that don't accept D90's anymore ;)
Ive got the Allen & Heath Xone 22, I dont think they make it anymore, the sound is really great from it, its quite basic but does have the VCF filter system.
I cant remember what I paid for it now, but I would say I deffo got good value for what I paid..

The only thing is it would of been nice to have a power on/off switch on the unit its self, I think they now have put one on the 23&23c, apart from that its been perfect for me.

I would deffo reccomend Allen & Heath has a brand, I know quite a few people who have the brand and ive not really heard anyone moan about them.

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Just looking on ebay this morning and pre owned xone 23c came up...£199 buy it now...but ebay gave me a code for 10% off so I got it for £180
It looks pretty new hopefully I'll have no problems.
So in the end I still ended up paying more for the mixer than the decks...but only by £30...sounds like a win

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Just looking on ebay this morning and pre owned xone 23c came up...£199 buy it now...but ebay gave me a code for 10% off so I got it for £180
It looks pretty new hopefully I'll have no problems.
So in the end I still ended up paying more for the mixer than the decks...but only by £30...sounds like a win
What decks did you get ?

Ruffenuff

Nov 3, 2021
Nothing special...Stanton T80s....got them off ebay and the bloke selling only lived 5mins down the road ...£200....offers.....I got them for £150
And they both have ortofon cartridges on them
They have a good torque at 1.6...+8....and +12.... the only thing I don't like is the straight arm..but for the money I can live with it.

Nothing won't get set up till next year...might bring my suitcase full of flyers down to complete the look ..lol