McDonald's "A" Levels

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Shyeah... saw this in the paper today and couldn't believe my eyes.

Mind you, what sort of case would you have to be to do a McA-Level :dummy:

Of course, it was a brilliant idea of the current government to encourage businesses to invest in schools wasn't it?
Who'd have thought that in return companies would want to set their own curriculum and only teach stuff of use to their own employees?

Great to see that some other blue-chip industry leading quality corporations have also won the right to design their own qualifications...

McDonalds :|
FlyBe :|
Network Rail :|

I can see the student timetable now...

Monday
09.00-10.30 Lettuce Chopping
10.30-11.00 Playtime
11.30-12.30 Spot Picking
12.30-13.30 Lunch (wonder what's on the menu today?)
13.30-14.30 Floor Mopping
14.30-15.00 Playtime
15.00-16.00 How To Use A Microwave

etc.

It's just another one on a long list of ridiculous ideas brought in by this government on the back of a majority so large they could not realistically be opposed. Another (allegedly clever) way of trying to gett funding through the back door for public services, so that they can spunk our tax money on fighting ridiculous wars and bailing out banks run by Delboys. Fucking outrageous. I'll bet money they still trot out the line about "A-Levels being just as hard as they ever were", and "everybody just gets better grades these days because of our wonderful education system". Absolute bollocks every word.
:thumbsup:

Right... bring on the Blair-ite naysayers... shitty stick at the ready... :moonie:

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
It's just another one on a long list of ridiculous ideas brought in by this government on the back of a majority so large they could not realistically be opposed. Another (allegedly clever) way of trying to gett funding through the back door for public services, so that they can spunk our tax money on fighting ridiculous wars and bailing out banks run by Delboys. Fucking outrageous. I'll bet money they still trot out the line about "A-Levels being just as hard as they ever were", and "everybody just gets better grades these days because of our wonderful education system". Absolute bollocks every word.

isnt it about time we had a proper government again??

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Been talking about this all day,........and Ashley cheating on Cheryl (lol trivia:condom: )

I mean, is a qualification in these things really necessary? Isn't it enough that if you've flipped burgers at Mcd's you can surely flip them anywhere?

Although the qualifications are proably more managment based...i'm totally ignorant to the details...:condom: