Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

oldskoolkidder

VIP Silver Member
Mar 15, 2002
Hebden Bridge
www.mixcloud.com
heard some funny mc'ing on tapes and what not before - but whAt are your faveourite's?? also whos everyones fave mc's?? I think there are some good mc's who cut in when needed and give something extra to the night, what are everyone elses thoughts!! Priveleged to have MC SMOKE on for me at the weekend - looking forward to it!.. so whats everyones thoughts on mc's in general then?!! "check one time insiide!!! mary mary quite contrary how does your garden grow!!" hahaha

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
heard some funny mc'ing on tapes and what not before - but whAt are your faveourite's?? also whos everyones fave mc's?? I think there are some good mc's who cut in when needed and give something extra to the night, what are everyone elses thoughts!! Priveleged to have MC SMOKE on for me at the weekend - looking forward to it!.. so whats everyones thoughts on mc's in general then?!! "check one time insiide!!! mary mary quite contrary how does your garden grow!!" hahaha

for me mate my faves are the MC MC and Robbie Dee. Theres a mix with a I think it's ellis dee and the MC MC and he comes out with some top lyrics " hardcore soldiers go to war, ravers what you waiting for " He absolutely makes that mix great. Mc Connie is another good un but Robbie Dee and MC MC are the top dogs imo :)

APH

Apr 13, 2009
imo there is/was a lot of shit mcs who actually got into the business because of who they knew but some really did have a talent and they could hype up the crowd and knew when to cut the chit chat. mc motormouth was top and so was the mc peta pan back in the day, nowadays I don`t even know if they`re still in the business, so what the standard is like nowadays, I havent got a clue.I`m oldskool;)

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
imo there is/was a lot of shit mcs who actually got into the business because of who they knew but some really did have a talent and they could hype up the crowd and knew when to cut the chit chat. mc motormouth was top and so was the mc peta pan back in the day, nowadays I don`t even know if they`re still in the business, so what the standard is like nowadays, I havent got a clue.I`m oldskool;)

yeah peta pan was class

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
unfortunately 9/10 ruin the music for the majority....:(

down the years a few have added to the occasions but for me less is more...n no talkin bollox for the sake of it :rolleyes:

Iv DJ'd in clubs on 4 occasions with MCs... for me 3 times they either hampered me of even irrated me (One even demanded a spin back the cheeky cnut :naughty: )...

though in fairness 1 was cool n just seem to know when to jibber jabber n went down well to my surpise:)

easty

VIP Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
unfortunately 9/10 ruin the music for the majority....:(

down the years a few have added to the occasions but for me less is more...n no talkin bollox for the sake of it :rolleyes:

Iv DJ'd in clubs on 4 occasions with MCs... for me 3 times they either hampered me of even irrated me (One even demanded a spin back the cheeky cnut :naughty: )...

though in fairness 1 was cool n just seem to know when to jibber jabber n went down well to my surpise:)

just turn the volume down on the mic Jack

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
Out of the many MC`s ive heard over the years there is only 3 that that i can honestly say i like to hear:

MC Motormouth
MC Conrad
MC Irie

The most annoyin ive heard has got to be MC Kane ..

jim808

Sep 20, 2009
birstall/leeds
lol.....Mc MOTOR MOUTH. ark leeds ... "sound of the jugle, with george zippy and bungle". that was class......ehehehe...:$
............"get a rush get a move on":fekked:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
just turn the volume down on the mic Jack

I did with the guy who requested a spin back lol:$

he ended up complainin to the promoter but pretty sure everyone else thought I choose wisely...

Surprised u aint mentioned the footy results this weekend Dave;)

APH

Apr 13, 2009
lol.....Mc MOTOR MOUTH. ark leeds ... "sound of the jugle, with george zippy and bungle". that was class......ehehehe...:$
............"get a rush get a move on":fekked:

motormouth did a couple of organiks at leeds uni not any arks that im aware of. that would be mc rush - who wasn`t very good, definately not a lyrical master but he knew rob tyrell (ark founder) which goes back to what I said previously about knowing people in the business. Loads of mc`s were cack.

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
remember had a zone tape from jenks round 93, was on holiday with a monster 100 watt ghetto blaster and everytime we new the mc was comin in with an embarrassin bit people jumped up to turn it down while we had it blastin on the beach :$

MEGABLAST

Jun 12, 2010
Probably in work
www.discogs.com
I persanally cant stand these modern day Mcs, they seem to wibble on to much about there cars, dogs & drinking in the park. JUST LET THE MUSIC PLAY.

One night me & a girlfreind (Shelley) got so fed up of them we thought one of us should take the piss & give it a go, Shelley got the short straw. This is what she said. flipflam bipbam i say wo, canneee soo whaa to ho, mtee saw my too mo.

All the chavs started putting there arms in the air like she was fantastic, took about 5 mins before some realised she wasn't atually saying anything. :D

From back in the day the MCs I liked & remember were Man Parris & Loud n Proud. Both came on now & then let you know who was on hyped you up a bit then got off.

I am still a massive fan of the original MC DJ Team 'Ratpack' :gigolo:

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
GRRRRRR dont like mcs,if there is a m.c at a oldskool night then i wont be.Not my cup of tea at all,seem to make the night cheesy especially if there wanna be gangsta rappa.Let the music do the talkin not the m.c. :)

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
tbh i agree with barrie and bod, but i must admit to having a soft spot for joe peng, "nice n easy lemon squeezy" lol

can't stand any of the others, with the possible exception of man parris :thumbsup:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Conrad actually adds to the music experience imho..
And of course..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K_Ckqgaqq0]YouTube - dj craig and jf mc live @ carlos back in 93(NOT WELLY[/ame]