Leeds Love Parade 2000

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
Who went?

Has only crossed my mind recently so mustn't have thought it was a classic at the time. Looking back, though, was a top day.

Walked all the way from the city centre. Got called a 'dirty dog' by an old woman when trying to have a discrete piss half way there. Some top tunes from some of the floats. Didn't go near the main stage.

Managed to get on one of the floats back into Leeds. Fuck all trains back to Manchester. Eventually got on one from a station about 15 mins walk from the centre - fuck knows where.

Anyone else go - share your memories. :fekked: phones: :cool:

YouTube - Leeds Love Parade 2000

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
yes i went, had a mad one :fekked: started early round corn exchange and think we ended on getting a bus up to the park, never got near the stage just wandered around wasted, spent a bit of time at either big beat botiuque or bud bus, cant remember which it was now, other side of park from main stage. i lost my mates and ended up with some random sharing some goodies;) seem to rembember the slinky float beeing a highlight :D ended up walking down to the station to find it covered in folk all over the place asleep fighting for floor space :crazy: then spied my mates, stood right in front of them for a couple of minutes, with one of them looking straight at me :| took him a couple of minutes to register it was me lol, anyway as luck would have it they had phoned a mate to come collect us, and he was only 10 min away, result, glad i found them though, wouldn't have fancied sleeping on the floor as the days mood started to wear off :cry:

Man Alive

Apr 30, 2004
www.lo-rain.com
yes i went, had a mad one :fekked: started early round corn exchange and think we ended on getting a bus up to the park, never got near the stage just wandered around wasted, spent a bit of time at either big beat botiuque or bud bus, cant remember which it was now, other side of park from main stage. i lost my mates and ended up with some random sharing some goodies;) seem to rembember the slinky float beeing a highlight :D ended up walking down to the station to find it covered in folk all over the place asleep fighting for floor space :crazy: then spied my mates, stood right in front of them for a couple of minutes, with one of them looking straight at me :| took him a couple of minutes to register it was me lol, anyway as luck would have it they had phoned a mate to come collect us, and he was only 10 min away, result, glad i found them though, wouldn't have fancied sleeping on the floor as the days mood started to wear off :cry:

We lost some of our mates after about 5 mins too - not to be seen again all night and no phone signals:cry:

*mizzbucky*

Aug 1, 2006
oh yes i remember that one lol phones down trying to meet a mate there was hell, took us a hour to find them. Had to walk back to the train station and had blisters like a mofo lol. Remember stopping at a pub for a rest and everyone was singing sat on the floor fooked lol, Tried to flag a lift of anyone and everyone but nobody was stopping. The streets were heaving waited for a train for hours so thought sod it and we got a taxi home lol was a great day tho apart from trying to get home, oh and the toilets were minging so went behind a tracktor and saw this mad guy off his face trying to pull all the grass up and checking it lmao was a mad day but top :thumbsup:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Yeah I went, hell of a lot of fked up people there werent they:fekked:

Cant remember much about the music tbh. Went to supermarket before we got there and the booze was wiped out lol. Got myself a nice bottle of vintage brandy tho for about 20quid! haha

So just wandered round swiggin that and getting off me heeed:hubba:

Did some cliff jumpin. For those that dont know what cliff jumpin is well, thats because I made it up when I was a lad lol. It involves running fast as you jolly well can towards a hill of any size and shape, then jumpin off it and landing badly. Great fun.

Oh yes we all had hats made out of carrier bags. I had a carrier bag bandana. I looked like a cheap hispanic gangster:cool:

Had a mate who was driving luckily. There were loads of mini parties going on with about a hundred people ravin to the someones car stereo afterwards it was mad.

Got home and got more pissed and :fekked: , if that was possible, left me house in a right state lol then went on an all dayer with our kid. Playing softball in the park, drinking pints and sniffin norty substances.

Top weekend:thumbsup: :crazy:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
I went to this as well with a fair few people from work at the time

It wasnt bad at all, cant remember much, was cabbaged, remember Sasha playing Dark & Long by Underworld, walked back into town, our kid slept in the inlaws neighbours greenhouse. It was good:thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
God yeah, me n liz went to this, ended up parking the car at morley and getting on the bus! lol! had such a laugh! got off at the bus station in the center was a blazing hot day to start off with so we just nipped the shop and got really pissed as we walked up to the park :p

Remember following the slinky float around for a bit then dancing by the budweiser bit where the weather changed, so i borrowed my friends coat as i was wet n cold, she is half the size of me tho and i looked ridiculous, it was one of them there hooch coats with a big fur hood and fur bobbly things which i kept hitting folk with as they walked past, had people in stitches tho. there was a group of lads behind us from kent who just happened to ask me for rizzlas which i had and they went mad cus theyd been looking for some for ages and we had been stood in front of them for just as long lol! this sparked a wonderful friendship and they fed us :fekked: and looked after us all night, after being up at the radio one tent with them all for the finalle we ended up back at this big posh hotel in the cetnre of leeds they were staying at cleaning out the mini bar and sitting in the empty bath tub fully clothed chewing each others ears off! bloody ace day! lost my mate from wakefield as well cus none of the phones worked lol! oh well :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
The world and his dog were there I reckon! :cool: :D

I know it was a good day / night , but details are a little sketchy now, lol :D

I was down in Cornwall but was dying to go so I came back up, went to Leeds then the day after getting back went back down again to continue my hol :crazy:

I remember it being gridlock and having a slow puncture and when we were queuing to park up kids kept going alongside telling us the tyre was about flat and this got a bit tiresome and of course we thought they were on a wind-up so eventually told them to erm.. do one, but upon inspection...of course it was true :rolleyes: :( Pfft!
wasnt much for it, but to just carry on regardless, and on the way home think we stopped at just about every services we passed and put some more air in :crazy:

as for being in Leeds, all I remember is going to some shop and there just being messy as fook casualties all cabbaged outside etc :D speaking to some mad tattoist outside the portaloos, watching the floats, trekking round and round for ages , and going bananas down the front later on (God knows who was on or what sort of stuff was played??) and...didnt it rain later on too or am I imagining that? :confused:

I know I had a wicked time though :D :alcohol:

Mad to think it was nearly 9 years ago now :| time flies