Ledgens reunion..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Bubbles

Feb 15, 2004
Legenos reunion..

Not done a review for bloody ages but here go's

Last night was brilliant got a phone call mid afternoon off my mate saying she has got 2 spare tickets so couldnt really refuse :king:

I never went to ledgens cos a was a wee bit young but if it were the same as last night then it must ov been amazing.

Got in there about 8.30 and the place was already busy it had been open from 6pm i think.

S-J :naughty: Think you may have over done it a little bit the night b4 cos i didnt see you dancing once:naughty: Just kiddin hun was great to see you again :love: :love:

Ow dooo :love: luvly to see you was a pleasure having a bop with ya :love:

Rabbitcity :love: Wouldnt be the same if u wasnt there even if you was a naughty little monkey.:naughty:

Danster , stej , woody , tall paul , Was lurvly meeting up with u all again dont think im gunna leave it so long nx time :love: :love:

And nice to see mart and bucky who i met briefly at the end:love:

The tunes were mint dont think i sat down all night so glad i opted for flat shoes, Its the first time i have been out in well over a year and had nothing but alcohol and i have had one ov the best nights ever it was brilliant. Went straight to bed when i got home and woke up feeling great :love:

Gutted it is the last ever ledgens bring it back i say :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hope everyone els had a top night :love: :D :love: :D

Last edited:

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
This night was the business. Absolute quality tunes. I'd never heard Mike and Noggy play before but my goodness they know their tunes. They played loads of the usual classics mixed in with stuff thats not been played out for years and also stuff I'd never heard before. There was something in there for everyone.

The atmosphere was bob on. No hassle at all, really friendly. Over 35's on E is the new black :thumbsup: . Some really familar faces there aswell, even tho I never went to Legends so must have seen them at other do's.

I was a bit worried about the venue as its normally an "after the Frodsham pubs closed towny type affair" but it was set up proper nice with mad strobes, smoke and lights off the stage. I felt it had a real underground old skool vibe to it esp in the main room - everyone was just going for it.

Tune highlights for me were RSW - The Phantom, The Meaning - Showing You The Feeling (was thinking of you there Mick - you would have loved this night, you were missed m8 :thumbsup: ) Some quality Hac tunes, Cuban Gigolo, 2 Hype and Urban Nature (again - lol), awesome mix of C & C's Deeper Love, Cool Lemon (not heard that played in club since the days of Rise), Your Love at the end and prolly one of the best of the night for me was Stevie V - Dirty Cash...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cops:

Massive thanks to Tall Paul for sorting the tickets. Good to see you bud and meet your kid and friends...:thumbsup: .

An extra special :thumbsup: to Ow do H for driving to and back from the Mersey View as the club really is in the middle of nowhere and it was great to be able to have a drink or six for a change. FPMSL on the way there tho:

Mart - I think its this turning, I'm not sure - what does that sign say?
Helen - Free Range Eggs
Mart - Fair do's must be the next one...
Mart - ...Hang on, no its deffo this one the sign says "The View this way!"
Ow do slams on and does a sharp Sweeney like swerve into the turning FMPSL - Free Range Eggs!!!' lol!!! u nut nut ;)

Mega massive surprise seeing Bucky. Super ace to chat with u m8 - I'm not going to let you forget u promised a Hazy visit next month either ;) :cool:

SJ, Woody, Ste H, Dannster, Rabbit City (remind me to sort u that set) and Bubbles - what a top night and you're all ace.

Phew! - Well, really hope they decide to do another one of these. (Noggy if u read this - deffo deffo please do this again :cool: :cool: )

:wave:

Mart
:rolleyes:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Well had been looking forward to this one for months, ohh it was such a mint night you wouldnt believe how good it was, nice 1 to ow doo helen for driving us.

Got in there about 10'ish or summat and was full on rocking, noggy & mike woods top DJ's loads of tunes Ive not even heard b4 or at least for 12 years or summat. Amazing atmosphere similar to how hazy is on a good night. Big big reactions to the tunes, yeah loved it dint stop dancing all night, it was a bit hot in there but didnt give a flying one to honest, great venue took a bit to get a drink but I only think I had 1 drink as I had other plans for the abuse of my body lolol

Top to see bubbles n rabbit also edinjapan, mad a fk fancy seein you in there m8 nice 1. Mucho respect to Tall Paul n Mart top top geezers see you soon.

Ha no way woody was in there as well making a special guest appearence, wicked glad you came out.

All those that didnt go ya missed out big time! Hope they do another real soon:thumbsup:

I have been a sensible boy today as Ive been asleep Ive even eaten a bag crisps (I like to take care of my body by giving it the essential nutrients it needs so I can consume more stella)

Im feeling reasonably fresh now and have strange urges for large amount of wine which I will fulfill in a minute.

PS me n danns were a right pair of fked up mash eds in there, funny as kenneth edwards as dann would say. Nice 1 geeze

Oh yeah well done to ow doo helen and s-j for not being a right pair of moody grimps during the double header whammy weekend, ya did us proud!!:love:

RabbitCity

Feb 7, 2004
WARRINGTON
Well what a night prob the best night ive had out in a long time. All my old mates from school were there that i havn`t seen for years.
The mixing and tunes were spot on, mostly tunes ive never heard before. Remember hearing Lee marrow - pain, young mc and olimpia - you want my love.
Nice too see some osa peeps there too, Mart Tall Paul Woody Sarah j Helen Ste h & Dannster...:thumbsup:
No trouble in there as it was just a selected crowd prob about 300 peeps.
Hope they do another one but heard of my m8 that it was the last ever Legends due to either Noggy or mike moving to Grand caneria carnt remember which one it was due to being...:fekked:

bucky

YO

Good to see everyone out last night - really enjoyed it - music was A1.

Mike finishing with Ritchie Havens was a nice touch. Darren scratching Lil Louis - I called You over the High Givers was full on. Plus stuff like the Clash, Cuban Gigolo, Pandella and so many more. I'm sure everything was recorded by DJ H (sometimes posts on here) and his mate Dave.

I've got loads of pictures that I'll publish later and some video footage on my camera.

Mikes off to Australia in January so it may well have been the last time they play out - hope they do another before he leaves. :thumbsup:

How kerazy was it those car stickers being discovered from way back when?!

SKILLZ.

woody

what a top nite, a perfect way to a perfect weekend. Huuge thanks to the man like TP for ringin me and persuading me to 'ave it, ( still owe ya a 5er dood:$ )
drove down at about 10 ish and thank god i had sat nav coz i would have never have found it, out in the sticks aint the word lol
it was in full flow by this time and to be honest i was a bit gutted that i hadnt ventured out earlier as the range of tunes was feckin awesome! it was really good trying to guess the tracks as they were creepin in even though we were well off with some of em:fekked: lol mixing was wicked :thumbsup: wouldnt mind an id on that tune that samples let no man put asunder "its not over" before breaking into a mint piano breakdown if anyone knows it phones:
was top to be out with the most wicked bunch of peeps 2 nites runnin:thumbsup:
Bird n Bird - always a pleasure:love: :love: :love:
Ste N Dan - buzzed off yas all weekend:fekked: wouldnt be the same without yas and cheers for the belt ste lol mental note to eat more food:crazy:
TP - soo glad u rang mate, star man! good to see you're kid and co again too:thumbsup:
Mart- fountain of knowledge as per:thumbsup: mint to see you out without havin all the fuss of hazy and indulging a little - get yer arse out more often:D
bucky- another sound as fook dood, will defo be back at sankeys soon fella:thumbsup:

and last but no means least, was wicked seeing Katie and Lee:D its been ages, too long in fact!! will defo come over one night to see yas:thumbsup:

a fantastic weekend allround, glad to be part of it:thumbsup: phones:

Peace :king: Jear:fekked:

noggy

Mar 6, 2005
thank you

firstly id like to thank all of you because when expectations were running this high we needed a fantastic crowd to support it and we certainly got that! :thumbsup:

im really made up with the feedback you"ve give us i actually starting feeling a bit tearfull when i was reading it ha,or it might be due to the fact im on a mother of a comedown! :( but seriously me and mike really enjoyed ourselves and it was a buzz dusting off records that had"nt been played for 14 years or so and getting the response that you lot gave them.

legends was a unique place in a unique era that will never be repeated again and maybe we should have done something like this earlier because of its popularity, i think we've been a bit selfish in that respect,we only got this going coz mikes moving to oz in january!

so it gives me great pleasure in saying we will be doing another one expected to be in the august bank holiday period or september so for any of you who missed it get yer arses to the next one coz it will be the last :( and for those of you who came it would be lovely to see you back again.

thanks again for your top reviews and support and thanks to sarah-jayne for your kind email see you soon! noggy

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:D :D :D :D :wave: Afternoon all!

First off Pheeew what a stormer of a weekend…. Thanx to all who participated! Luv Ya’s all so bloody much!

Secondly…. “Noggy” god bless ya beak! Thanx so much for sorting myself and Ow Doo out with our tickets, directions etc etc you’re a SupA * !!!

Now on to the actual night… Bubbles babe… I’m sorry you are quiet correct babe! I was feeling well and truly Hazy’d out!!! And the body heat that was going down all around was making me feel hot to say the least! Lol So that leather couch that I bullied my way onto was just what the doctor ordered… lol which in turn gathered the rest of the OSA krew that attended all around me… which imo at that point in time was the best place for me to go and soak up what I can say was an absolutely fantastic atmosphere!

However, for the last hour the dance floor called me and I had to go and be brave… The choonz were unbelievable I’m not a DJ or tune anorak so will not even begin to name them, however the one that got me on the floor was “My friend Sam” Once up I stayed up, albeit very wobbaly and very hot it was brill! I was pointed in the direction of a mass cold air fan which I think saved the day however some silly arse random lad came over and thought it would be funny to aim it right at the back of me causing me to have a proper random “Marylyn Monroe” episode with my skirt! Nuff said!

But all in all…. 10/10 Noggy Please please if you do another give me a nudge cause I want to come back ASAP!

My lot… you’re all soldiers!

S-J x :love:

woody

S-J said:
My lot… you’re all soldiers!

S-J x :love:

i was until about 7:45 this morning anyway, before :hurl: :hurl: and spending 15 minutes on the bathroom floor in hot sweats:| lol

Legends was well worth the hazy inflicted pain from the nite before, but will remember to wear thinner clothes for the next one lol as ive lost so much weight this weekend through sweatin! eew

still not as thin as butty though!

badroxx

May 20, 2004
Warrington
What a classic Im going to Gran Caneria now, no defo Australia. Thank you to all the people that made the effort to come down it really brought it all back to me as Ive not played for years, the atmosphere was fantastic and the three cheers at the end was touching. I have spoken with Noggy today and if we can do one more then we will because im not off till January, so once again thank you and I hope to see you all in the future. :thumbsup:

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Was really looking forward to this one, used to be a Legends regular week in week out, definitely my favourite club - atmosphere in there was incredible, and was really looking forward to hearing those 'legends tunes' again - so many of them I've never heard played anywhere else.

Wasn't dissapointed - we were wondering what sort of place it would be driving up there 'cos its properly in the middle of nowhere and didn't really know if it was a 'proper' club or what. Thought it was an excellent venue, loved all the big leather cusions to sprawl on in the bar area and the chesterfields in the chill out bit. It certainly lives up to its name too - cracking view!

Didn't arrive till 9.30 so it was already full (started at 6!) had a couple of bevvies in the bar area whilst we waited for peeps to arrive (quick phone call to woody to get the lazy f**k out of bed!), and nice suprise to see K-T and RabbitCity in there, didn't realise you were going :thumbsup: kept thinking I'd seen ya but wasn't sure!

Then Mart, S-J, Ow Do Helen, Ste & Dannster arrived - all looking remarkably fresh considering they'd only had an hours kip from the night before :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Shortly followed by Woody much to everyone's suprise :)

Once the foot tapping spread up my legs, had to go to the dancefloor and don't think I left again all night. Loads of good tunage being played, a brilliant mix of old Legends tunes I've not heard in 14odd years and the more familiar stuff which normally gets hammered. Hope someone has recorded the night, cos there's a few tunes we've got to get ID'd. Kept turning round to Ste all night saying 'what's this one?' only to get a 'don't know!' back.

Nice to see Ed in there (and nice to meet ya bro too!) been a while :) Good mix of people in there, everyone going for it and the tunes were going down really well with peeps old and young.

Bucky, don't think I bumped in to you, maybe next time!

Really hope another one gets sorted (preferrably before the end of september lads ;) cos I'm off down under too).

As the lad at the end of the night said "three cheers for Mike & Noggy!" :D Top night

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Feck, didn't realise half the board was in there. Would have been nice to meet mart and bucky and all the others. Top to see SteH ('Why aren't you in Japan lol) Dannster and Tall Paul, and meet Helen for the first time, and SJ for the first time in about 2 years.

I'm up for the August blow out, it was hard as feck in there at times, liked it............

What was the tune with the police sirens.....?!