Laser Eye thingy..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
Has anyone had it done or got any non horrendus stories to tell??

My mates been on at me to go and get mine done with her an although i'm no pussy, pain wise.. i cant help but squirm thinkin someones gonna laser my eyes.. Eeww:crazy:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I fancied getting it done until I watched a 'how do they do it' program on it (wish I hadn't now as it gave me the fear)

You are awake whilst they laser the eye and they cut off the cornea to re-shape it :crazy:

Couldn't have it done after that like, no way, no how :D

i was thinking of getting it done ive heard loads of good reports from people that have saying its sore for a few days then its dead on - i just dont like the thought of something being poked in my eye - ive got the new contact lenses that u wear all month which suit me down to the ground after so many years of wearing contact lenses im still crap at putting them in and taking them out :rolleyes:
but the new ones i have are great now i just need to worry about putting them in once a month!!!!

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
Well i have contacts but struggle getting them in and out plus they scratched my eyes really bad so i swapped to the daily ones which feels dead good apart from i cant get them out.. :rolleyes:

The only person i know who had them done was in agony for a week which has put me off a bit..

"and back to work the next day" they say on the telly:confused: i dunno.

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
I fancied getting it done until I watched a 'how do they do it' program on it (wish I hadn't now as it gave me the fear)

You are awake whilst they laser the eye and they cut off the cornea to re-shape it :crazy:

Couldn't have it done after that like, no way, no how :D

It sounds bad enough.. Its more the cringe factor for me now to be honest. Its almost as cheap as contact lenses now, paying monthly and its interest free to boot! BUT... :starwars: its yer eyes innit

Well i have contacts but struggle getting them in and out plus they scratched my eyes really bad so i swapped to the daily ones which feels dead good apart from i cant get them out.. :rolleyes:

The only person i know who had them done was in agony for a week which has put me off a bit..

"and back to work the next day" they say on the telly:confused: i dunno.

the people i know that had it done took a week to go back to work due to blurryness and stuff - im the same with contacts i used to leave mine in for ages lol rather than attempt to take them out :| if u havent tried the monthly ones that u just leave in all month try them they are really good and all u have to do is use eye drops provided if ur eyes dry up :)

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
the people i know that had it done took a week to go back to work due to blurryness and stuff - im the same with contacts i used to leave mine in for ages lol rather than attempt to take them out :| if u havent tried the monthly ones that u just leave in all month try them they are really good and all u have to do is use eye drops provided if ur eyes dry up :)

I'm gonna nip in on my way home and see if i can have some. cheers love:D

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
cant help ya with 1st hand experience im afraid darl but was reading a testimonial only the other week actually, and thought it was quite detailed and helpful :thumbsup:

Optimax Epi Lasek Laser Eye Surgery - Review - My experience of Laser Eye Surgery

i'd love to have it done but dont know for sure if i'm suitable for it or not, and if i did have it i think i'd prefer to get one eye done at a time rather than both, just in case anything ghastly happened :S :shudder:

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
cant help ya with 1st hand experience im afraid darl but was reading a testimonial only the other week actually, and thought it was quite detailed and helpful :thumbsup:

Optimax Epi Lasek Laser Eye Surgery - Review - My experience of Laser Eye Surgery

i'd love to have it done but dont know for sure if i'm suitable for it or not, and if i did have it i think i'd prefer to get one eye done at a time rather than both, just in case anything ghastly happened :S :shudder:

Aw cheers darlin.. will have a nosey.

Lol ya would be well wonky with one good eye and ond one bad haha:crazy:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Aw cheers darlin.. will have a nosey.

Lol ya would be well wonky with one good eye and ond one bad haha:crazy:

lol :D

someone i used to work with had it done that way, and tbh until she did i'd never really thought of it that way, but suppose it makes sense . Think hers was more for financial reasons though, waiting a bit til she could afford to have the other one done etc.. whereas my reason would be in case it cocks up at least you still have sight in one eye :)
she had to get clear glass put in one side of her glasses til the 2nd one was able to be done :D

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I asked my optician about this a few years ago. The thing that really put me off was that it's not permanent. Not really prepared to spunk nearly a grand on treatment that isn't gonna last. I'll stick with my glasses thanks :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I asked my optician about this a few years ago. The thing that really put me off was that it's not permanent. Not really prepared to spunk nearly a grand on treatment that isn't gonna last. I'll stick with my glasses thanks :thumbsup:

True that, they only last 5-10 years before they would need to be re-done, if they can be re-done that is?

Glasses also protect the eyes from dust and the likes which is reet handy sometimes :cool:

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire

Is that right? Thats the first Ive heard of it. Does the operation have a lifespan or is it merely because eyesight degenerates with age.

I know a few people whove had it done and say its the best thing theyve ever spent money on. From my limited knowledge of it, there are 3 types of operation you can have, the most expensive being around 1500 quid an eye.

Im a blind bastard as well, and if I get it done Im spending top whack, not some 300 quid 2 for 1 offer at Eyes R Us or whatever

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables

:eek: I never knew it didn't last .. kin ell !

I would stick with some smart glasses but iv'e got spaz ears that are different heights so i look a biff with spex all to cock:cool:

Cheers for all your comments folks .. they don't tell ya all this in the glossy mag ya get lol:condom:

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
Is that right? Thats the first Ive heard of it. Does the operation have a lifespan or is it merely because eyesight degenerates with age.

I know a few people whove had it done and say its the best thing theyve ever spent money on. From my limited knowledge of it, there are 3 types of operation you can have, the most expensive being around 1500 quid an eye.

Im a blind bastard as well, and if I get it done Im spending top whack, not some 300 quid 2 for 1 offer at Eyes R Us or whatever

Eyes are us haha .. I think the different price bandings are for different types of blindness (erm.. like long and short ect and theres another which something has grown over your eye to disturb your vision ) and after the consultation they tell ya what ya need done.:D I think .

stratabacca

Aug 9, 2007
leigh
thought about having this done a few times but always ended up spendin me doh on summat else and putting up with mi specks,mi brother in law had um done at jimmys in leeds about 12 years ago and he`s still reaping the benefits,at the time he paid £4000 for 1 eye and £2000 for the other because of the amount of correction that needed doing.

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
my dad had it done and he can see perfect now :thumbsup: it was all over in no time and he didnt have any problems at all - albeit he was nervous going in he said it was really worth having done as he was more worried about losing his sight naturally than he was about the laser surgery. :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002

Couldn't say mate, just going off what I was told when I asked about it. Maybe it depends on your eyes, and if you're short / long sighted, I dunno

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
I've had a few chats with Optician about this. Basicially u get what u pay for. If u go for the cheap deals as advertisied the laser isn't that fine they will guarantee u vision to allow u to drive but not 20/20 vision. Depending on what ur after that might well be suitable but when my optician showed me what was guaranteed then for the money I wouldn't have wanted to pay any sort of money for it.

There is one place that will guarantee u at least 20/20 vision and the laser they use is really fine, they do a profile of ur eyes & then do the correction as perfect as they can for ur individual eye! If I remember right they can do long/short sightedness & astigmatism. The reason I havent had it done is that it doesnt last & u get between 5 & 10 yrs of good vision but u end up needing glasses again. Yep u can have it corrected again but at a cost of course!!