Konspiracy 1990..... with the dust blown Hoff :

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
listened to this again last nitephones: its a bit special innit:love: i think the KLF at the end of side B is the Chill Out LP version (Wichita Lineman) rather than the Pure Trance version

cant wait for the next rip ur gonna treat us to Tilly:D 'soonish' i hope:thumbsup: :cool:

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Ace as fook - feels like I haven't heard House Without a Home - Its Just A for 20 years - when last I tried to climb inside a bass cone to morph with the sound in Konspiracys. :love: :fekked: :confused:

3556240977_60fdcbab67.jpg

Why are there no pics from inside online anywhere?

Having never gone in or left sober (twice) I find it really difficult to try and remember how the rooms linked together. Was there only 3 main rooms? I seem to remember people saying there were more? Would be nice to rekindle some old memories :)

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
Glad you expericed the Kon pepe.... it was my second home...

There were 4 rooms in total thats not counting the 2 offices,toilets & the back celler :p

top floor big dance floor.. middle floor cafe area/chillout mong room were a Dj did play,downstairs big dancefloor then the Caverns/caves which were huge....

Re- photos of the inside of the club I'm working on it... main reason no pics on net was if secruity came across a camera on the door they would confiscate it until the night was over. There was alot of naughtyness going on & things like photos were dangerous evidence :hubba:

Also not many peeps took cameras out back then & mobile phones had not been invented in '89' just the huge 'breeze block' with no camera :rolleyes:

A freind & I are still intouch with the owners so if they have any i'll upload them just for you.. :p

Heres one tho for you my good friend Nick Grayson in the Caverns/Caves... suprised he's smiling cus he prefered to play upstairs,the moanig sod :p & Nick please dont mention the fooking monitor... ha ha ha ha .

NickKonCaves.jpg

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Ah it's the middle floor cafe I don't remember. Though I did find a fire escape whilst feeling a bit warm. Got myself outside, stripped off to just my shorts then ran back in past the bouncers without paying again. :eek: Never found my clothes again.

Still not a fan of taking mushies as a precursor to a night out :$

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
One more thing.

If you go in to the basement level of the Triangle as it is now. Was that the level of the top dancefloor? And then the downstairs and caverns would have been below that. I'm fascinated to think that it's still there, just padlocked away.

It would not surprise me to think that there are further doors off to other parts of the city. Underneath the many Co-op buildings opposite Victoria train station. Is a network of rooms and passageways under the roads which link them all. Used for storage now. But never got round to finding out if they linked to escape routes :confused:

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
Yes they were Pepe... the carverns & back cellar lay under the cobbled street were the side entrance/exit was what not many ppl new about just mainly staff.... It served a good purpose....

I'm not making on any comments re- secret doors n escape routes :eyebrow: sorry :p

It would be great if it was all still there & just padlocked away. Ive got some photos here of as it is today... The original stairs are still there at the front entrance through the main door :)

I'll even post you a pic of the of the side entrance..... which as gone now.

Ha ha ha I bet the mushroom visit to the Kon was & still is a great scary but awsome memory... well what you can remember that is:fekked:

front veiw n entrance....
MancNick18-7-09003.jpg

The oringinal stairs at main entrance...
MancNick18-7-09004.jpg

Side entrance ...were the 2 black pillas are,the big door way as gone....
MancNick18-7-09001-1.jpg

The side entrance door was one like these 2....
MancNick18-7-09002.jpg

nick grayson

Apr 8, 2007
Thanks Tills for posting these

Me and Tills were lucky (yes i do mean lucky) to have worked there and went back there on saturday to take these pics and we couldnt believe what its been turned into

Konspiracy was an experience from beginning to end
some gud some bad some joyous some sad but what i do remember is everyone concerned wanted it to work and believed in it and worked damn hard for hardly any recognition

The crowds of people that turned up week in week out were amazing and not much is ever written about this or indeed this very infamous place
People also forget about all the people behind the scenes that made it happen

There were many unsung heroes who made the place safe (well safe-ish LOL) that was half the charm - u didnt know what sort of nite u would have and i have said on here before that it was a fly by the seat of ur pants operation but thats how most good things in life are - safe is boring an the kon wasnt safe in many ways not least the music policy which was groundbreaking in many ways but never safe - not just by me but the jam mcs, justin robertson, andy carroll, madhatter etc etc

Met some awesome people who will remain friends forever and
i loved every minute and was very lucky to be part of it all

Thanks Tills Pepe and all on here trying to keep alive a part of history that alot would like to have long forgotten about

Big Respect to all concerned

Nick o larse (89-92) Kon resident and very very proud to be

Fooking qwalateeee Markus... fankyewwww :thumbsup:

Yw Tillz :)

Also check here - loads of Blackers flyers

Welcome to Facebook

Tell ya what amazed me is how often Sasha is on both the Konspiracy & the flyers in the FB link above from 1990 billed as 'Hacienda / Blackburn' as his claim to fame

He was already a legend spoke of in hushed tones when I 1st came across him in late 1990... his tapes were holy grails even back then.

I've never seen any sets of his flying around from Konspiracy mind (but I guess that Konspiracy sets were rare full stop) or from any other party in the NW... would love to hear 'em :D

UpsideDown

May 26, 2010
What is the name of the first track, it sounds like a remix of Technotronic's Pump up the jam with some samples on it.
Also hear a Cabaret Voltaire sample in it.
Bet It sounds really really fucking good on a big bassy speaker.

defaultfx

Aug 20, 2010
First post links are dead!
Any chance of a reup of this tape?
Konspiracy was one of my first clubs,
I was there when the gun went off!

braggster

Jul 16, 2010
Bolton
I`d love this to be re upped as this was my first experiance of a club back in the day!! Quality nights had there RIP KONSPIRACY long the memories stick in my head of messy nights had there... :fekked:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
I`d love this to be re upped as this was my first experiance of a club back in the day!! Quality nights had there RIP KONSPIRACY long the memories stick in my head of messy nights had there... :fekked:

it well worth it m8, just listening to it now great set, cheers for upping it tina :)