Jim Shaft Ryan @ Chuff Chuff 'Wild West Carnival' 28-3-93

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Found this when I was going through a box of tapes, ripped from the orig tape, but the quality is not great, more so the B side, which also has a bit missing has the sound cuts out into pure his but I could hear a very faint sound of music, but could not rescue it.

From what I remember all these wild west tapes had problems sound wise, poor levels and bad distortion, me and my mate took them back to BPM records twice for a swap and still the same, in the end I took my copies back and got a refund which really got the guys back up in the shop, thankfully my mate kept his copies which I have, I have the orig of this and the orig Lee Fisher which I can not find for some reason, the JPW is a copy along with the Mark Moore.

I've searched the net but cant find a copy this.
I did see Henry posted the set on here in 2011 but the links dead @henryvilla could you check your copy to see if its the same set has this and also is your any better quality (y)

Jim Shaft Ryan @ Chuff Chuff 'Wild West Carnival' 28-3-93 A side

Jim Shaft Ryan @ Chuff Chuff 'Wild West Carnival' 28-3-93 B side

ww2.jpg

Here's the Flyer for the night thanks to Scott (y)
Does anyone know if the other sets were released from the night ? Sasha - Tony Clarke - Jeremy Healy

I've only just noticed this but Lee fisher is not on the flyer :unsure:

1993-03-28 chuff chuff wild west carnival 92 (1).jpeg

20240203_082534.jpg

Track List
1.[00.00] Ruben Carrera - Sexuality (Lovelace Mix)
2.[04:15] Remake – Blade Runner
3.[08:00] Aretha Franklin – Re-Think
4.[10:45] Virtualmismo – Mismoplastico (Remix)
5.[14:40] Co.Ro. Featuring Taleesa – Because The Night
6.[17:40] Liberation – Liberation 2
7.[20:40] The Golden Girls – Kinetic (Frank De Wulf Remix)
8.[23:45] Mephisto – State Of Mind (Remix)
9.[26:00] Oval – And We Knew What's Going On (Freedom Mix)
10.[29:15] Soul Odyssey – Rapture
11.[32:50] ? V.F.R. – Tranceillusion Mix ????
12.[35:50] Inner Planet - Good Love (In The Night)
13.[39:00] Dan Hartman – Instant Replay
14.[42:10] Jade 4 U – Messenger Of Love (Piano Mix?)
15.[44:10] Mato Grosso – Jungle (House Mix)
16.[45:50] With It Guys – Let The Music Take Control
17.[49:17] Glam - Hell's Party ((Disco Version))
18.[52:40] 2 Examples - Just Can't Help Me
19.[55:45] Zeta 3 – Excalibur (Hymns Version Mix)
20.[59:20] Sexual Intercourse – Sex Rhythm
21.[1:03:15] Ramirez & Pizarro - Hablando (Acordeon Mix)
22.[1:07:35] Bass Bumpers - Move To The Rhythm (Rapture Mix)
23.[1:11:00] S.H.O.K. – Old Times
24.[1:13:25] Funky People - Higher Love (Instinct Mix)
25.[1:17:00] Quasimodo – I Need Loving You (Hard
26.[1:21:55] Rozalla – Everybody's Free
27.[1:27:10] D.J. Professor - Runner (Extended Mix)

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
@chinatownswhite I bought a few of these from Depot in Brum in 1993. I remember it like it as yesterday. Depot was a clothing shop that also sold tapes, tickets for club nights and events etc. It was run by Jim Shaft Ryan and his brothers.

I'm going to go through my hard drives for you dude, I'm not convinced that all the DJs listed had tapes put out. In fact, I'm sure I remember reading that Sasha didn't play in the end, and local lad, Lee Fisher (Mother) filled his spot, hence his tape. I also have mine too. I'm sure I saw the Healy tape in the shop back in the day, and my even have had it, but god knows?! I've not come cross a rip of it in all the years on the forums, despite hunting high and low.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
@chinatownswhite I bought a few of these from Depot in Brum in 1993. I remember it like it as yesterday. Depot was a clothing shop that also sold tapes, tickets for club nights and events etc. It was run by Jim Shaft Ryan and his brothers.

I'm going to go through my hard drives for you dude, I'm not convinced that all the DJs listed had tapes put out. In fact, I'm sure I remember reading that Sasha didn't play in the end, and local lad, Lee Fisher (Mother) filled his spot, hence his tape. I also have mine too. I'm sure I saw the Healy tape in the shop back in the day, and my even have had it, but god knows?! I've not come cross a rip of it in all the years on the forums, despite hunting high and low.
Cheers Henry for having a look, was the Depot up some real steep stairs, old building etc?

I've just got off the blower to ma mate (who I used to collect tapes with and run a tape swapping /selling mailing list with bitd) and hes said there was no Sasha tape in our collection from this event, he's not sure about the others, he thinks he still may have copy's of our mailing list in his loft which we used to send out via flyers and adverts, we started our list in early 1992 & it ran up until late 1996, I had left by late 94 but he carried on his own, so really if he finds the tape list it will deffo be on there or not.

The list was first named BBJ promotions, then we re named it Heaven promotions which tied it to the events I put on, when he packed it in around late 96 he must of had 4000 tapes if not more, house sets, hip hop sets, hardcore , pirate radio stuff etc, mos t ended up in the bin years and years ago due to lack of space thinking no one would want them, I had a few bits of my collection left but got back in touch with him a while back after many years and took what he had left, most of which I've shared, I also sold shit loads of hardcore tape packs for him, I kept all the orig house stuff and some other bits n bobs

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
@chinatownswhite The Depot was in an old fashioned shopping arcade. I don't remember there being any steep steps dude.

Jonny, these are the only mixes I have from the Wild West Carnival. I can't seem to find the Healy one... but I'm not 100% sure there even is one.

I joined a couple of them so both sides are together....

Jim Shaft Ryan @ Chuff Chuff's Wild West Carnival, 28.03.1993

Jon Pleased Wimmin @ Chuff Chuff's Wild West Carnival, 28.03.1993

Lee Fisher @ Chuff Chuff's Wild West Carnival 28.03.1993

Mark Moore @ Chuff Chuff's Wild West Carnival, 28.03.1993

Here's a sharper scan of the inside of the filer too

1706977759537.png

Reactions: chinatownswhite