ive just made a new toon feeback reqd pleeees

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I think it could blend in quite well on a summery mixtape with the right tunes :thumbsup: The vocals are unrelenting though and it would be nice to hear a break in them at some point and they come in pretty quickly at the start too.

It's just reminded of this track now though http://www.discogs.com/release/187821 :D

It also reminds me of the Jason Nevins reworking of Run DMC's 'It's Like That'

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
i liked it and the vocals were good - but like jiglo said they are a bit unrelenting and need a few breaks in, some more space to hear the actual tune (which i liked) & to let rip on the dance floor and a chance to feel the beat a bit more.
I like a tune that makes me want to dance to it, lol

is this a work in progress then? or is the the finished item ?

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
it is a work in prog as ever but takin all the feedback into account, its only 3 mins long at the moment but its only the idea that i wanted to get across. The final plan is to be about 6 mins, so loads of intro, more drums in the middle and the vocal commin in a bit later and also more veriations of the vocal. this is still in the pipeline but thanks for the comments so far they are all taken on board and im glad u like it so far .... cheers for the feedback :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
Jiglo said:
I think it could blend in quite well on a summery mixtape with the right tunes :thumbsup: The vocals are unrelenting though and it would be nice to hear a break in them at some point and they come in pretty quickly at the start too.

It's just reminded of this track now though http://www.discogs.com/release/187821 :D

It also reminds me of the Jason Nevins reworking of Run DMC's 'It's Like That'
LOL nice 1 jigs top bit of feedback yer spot on m8 but its only an idea at the mo and ive only spent a few hours on it. just thought id put it on ere for some creative feedback ;) nice 1 fella
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I think if you built on what you've got it would sound great as an instrumental. Either that, or only using small snippets of the vocal.

A fatter kick drum would be sweet too :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
:wave: Word up Mr. Fink....

Ive tried so very hard to lhave a listen tonight but It wont let the sound come out on my PC at home... So as soon as I can get near a PC that will let me I shall have a good ole listen for you and let you know what my ears thought!

S-J x :love:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
How did you make it bud? Are the beats programmed yourself, and the filters etc, or is it more of a loop mash up production?.....cos it depends on what advice I would give.

The concept is sound, its quite a funky number.

Sirius

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Not bad m8. although i wouldnt of brought the vocal in so soon n used alot less of it, n the 'why cant we see' could be used on the main break, although again, it doesnt really have a big break, n phatten up the kick. still nice work :)

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
sirius said:
How did you make it bud? Are the beats programmed yourself, and the filters etc, or is it more of a loop mash up production?.....cos it depends on what advice I would give.

The concept is sound, its quite a funky number.

Sirius
ok m8 i made it with loads of drum sounds put togethrt by me and the loop of madonnas holiday was looped then chopped then filtered then bounced down with other samples placed over the top for added effect... like i said its not the end product and as im on holiday it wont be finnished till at least 2 weeks time. It was an idea that i had ages ago but as ive been djing the las few weeks iv not produced for some time LOL. the breaks will be in the end product and the only reason its like it is is coz i wanted to stick it on the pod and listen to it in the cyprus massive which is where im typin this thread from now ;) the sun is shinin ive burnt like fook and the beer is flowing for free :thumbsup: all inclusive rocks!!!!!!
any ways thanks to all who have posted feedback so far and i will read comments in depth and try to incorperate when i return :thumbsup: :thumbsup: btw the track was put 2gether on cubase sx 3 and most of the effects are vst plug ins.

take it eeeeez peeps and c ya l8rs

DJFINK

Jul 6, 2004
the wigan massive
www.oldskoolfm.co.uk
Biskit said:
Not bad m8. although i wouldnt of brought the vocal in so soon n used alot less of it, n the 'why cant we see' could be used on the main break, although again, it doesnt really have a big break, n phatten up the kick. still nice work :)
nice 1 chris glad u liked it LOL this was done like 2 hrs b4 i flew to cyprus so didnt realy av time to chop the vocal as much as id of liked,. will sort it out big time when i get back,, personaly i like the bit where it says evrybody lets get 2gever ,,,,,,, that bit rock for me but like i said more arrangment and should sound like kinda cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: