is fb good or bad?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
i thought it was good cos it's enabled me to get in touch with some of my friends from the old days and that's good :)

just been talking to a mate on there tho about an old school friend that we lost in 2009, the thing that guts me is that no-one told me about it and i didn't get to say goodbye before he died, one of my oldest and best friends, can't stop crying now :cry:

Last edited:

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
well nups, sorry to hear about your friend mate r.i.p.

I thinkits good in the way it brings people together and allows people to share their thoughts and opinions, photos and interests. The downsides though are the endless applications and spam but tbh i think theyve sorted that out as lately there doesnt seem to be as much. Of course you can always hide anyones posts who do your head in!

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
tbh harri i am careful who i add, it's just things like this morning when i ended up talking to a m8 about keith, tears streaming down my face as i type this, if we could have had just 1 more day together............

r.i.p. keith wilkinson, 1968-2009 :cry:

and r.i.p. jonathon gough, 1969 - 2007

Last edited:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Sorry to hear that nupski.
As Harri said, it is good for bringing you into contact with people but imho most of the time, it's just loads of people wasting their time updating on trivial information in a great big competition to outdo each other for friends.
I used to use it, but deleted/suspended my account, because it did my head in, partly due to my failure to block colleagues & the resulting paranoia of 'what if such & such a mate posts that photo they took of me back in 91 or more recent' & partly due to the time wasting.
Without it......you do miss out on friends' stuff they promote & invitations, but if they're proper friends, then they should do it in person.
I have thought about unblocking my account, but feel really uncomfortable with it.
Extreme, I know, but how I feel.

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
thanks for the kind words scr but i know what i'm doing on facefuck, i have a couple of rules:

1. never add work colleagues

2. never add anyone u don't know personally

3. never let u31 point a camera at u :p

follow them and u'll be fine ;) :thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
sorry to hear about your m8 john :(

as for fb, i used to think it was stupid before i joined, couldn't understand why people wanted to chat online, used to think just go out meet people and speak for real :confused: but since joining i check it daily, got you lot posting who are dotted all over the country, m8s abroad etc, and its great just to keep in touch, or hear a new tune or get a film recomendation or whatever, i pop all our holiday and days out snaps there so nannas and aunties, and friends can look if they wish, and vice versa. kids are hooked on the thing though, which to be fair, i dont really mind this time of year, i would rather they were all chatting on fb on an evening than wanting to go hang out on the streets in the dark :naughty: and its great for keeping upto date on events, djs, record labels etc. so its a good from me. i just ignore all the mafia wars, farmville and whetever other requests,

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
If ya dont get out much its a great tool.So many people are cut off from general life and its a good way of catching up if your home bound.I tend to think that more women use it then men (love to know the figures on tha)t,ie farmville and generall gossip.Its also a great tool for advertising as ive been on the recieving end and im sick of being notified of various events (charging a fortune) and generall shite.
I have got account but have limited friends,some people have hundreds of friends which i find hilarious,no ones that popular, its just a easy way of nosey buggers from school and work to check ya out.Some people really need to get out more.:)

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
It's more the fact that I broke the golden rule & allowed work colleagues to be my friends tbh.

yes m8 that is the golden rule, that's why i put it at number 1. u31 and his collection of pics of me gurning like a mofo comes a very poor second lol, the worst that can happen is that ppl laff at me and tbh i'm in good company, so i don't mind :p ;)

when it comes to work colleagues tho all u need is 1 grass and ur fooked, dole queue and somerfield basics cup-a-soup here we come lol :p

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Innit John, we weren't embarrassed when we got in to them states, quite the opposite, we was havin' a total fucking riot!:thumbsup:
The only people on my facefook are the mates and fambo who know fully what to expect, and if you dont like, it fuck off!

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
sorry to hear about your m8 john :(

as for fb, i used to think it was stupid before i joined, couldn't understand why people wanted to chat online, used to think just go out meet people and speak for real :confused: but since joining i check it daily, got you lot posting who are dotted all over the country, m8s abroad etc, and its great just to keep in touch, or hear a new tune or get a film recomendation or whatever, i pop all our holiday and days out snaps there so nannas and aunties, and friends can look if they wish, and vice versa. kids are hooked on the thing though, which to be fair, i dont really mind this time of year, i would rather they were all chatting on fb on an evening than wanting to go hang out on the streets in the dark :naughty: and its great for keeping upto date on events, djs, record labels etc. so its a good from me. i just ignore all the mafia wars, farmville and whetever other requests,

thanks leaky, yeah i agree with all of that m8, i love the fact that i can keep in touch with friends and family all over the world for nish, and share pics and vids with em ;)

the only thing that really gets on my tits is all the inane babble, like i'm interested in what ppl had for brekky lol. this morning really hit home tho, hence the post :thumbsup:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
If ya dont get out much its a great tool.So many people are cut off from general life and its a good way of catching up if your home bound.I tend to think that more women use it then men (love to know the figures on tha)t,ie farmville and generall gossip.Its also a great tool for advertising as ive been on the recieving end and im sick of being notified of various events (charging a fortune) and generall shite.
I have got account but have limited friends,some people have hundreds of friends which i find hilarious,no ones that popular, its just a easy way of nosey buggers from school and work to check ya out.Some people really need to get out more.:)

true m8, but i came at fb from a diff direction tbh, most of the friends i have on there are thru osa rather than school, it's only now that i'm starting to catch up with a few of em. i'd disagree with ur comments about no-one having hundreds of friends tho, i'm not a competetive friend collector like some, as i already said i only add ppl i know personally, but i think it's perfectly possible to have a lot of friends. it's true to say that they aren't all ppl that u meet regularly down the pub for a pint, but there are ppl that i haven't seen in 20 years that i would still call friends, and if i did see em down the pub i'm sure we'd still have a good laff ;)

Innit John, we weren't embarrassed when we got in to them states, quite the opposite, we was havin' a total fucking riot!:thumbsup:
The only people on my facefook are the mates and fambo who know fully what to expect, and if you dont like, it fuck off!

hahaha spot on dave, but then again we can say that cos there's no workmates on our friends list ;)

Bootleg

Registered Member
Jun 8, 2010
At first I thought FB was gay. I created an account out of boredom and then left it alone for months. When I checked it again I had loads of requests. Old school friends had got into contact with me and I changed my mind. Now I am addicted to it lol. I thinks its ace for keeping tabs on people and being nosey. My rules are.....

Only add trusted work/college/uni friends

Never go on drunk

Think before you type!

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Planina pod golico, Slovenia
"this is a picture of me and my cat"

"today i'm on the train"

"i hate traffic lol"

"mondays, i hate them imfao"

"i like red apples"

Let's face it, who gives a fuck? Your cat? I'm sure, for you he is great but I don't care, really.

And also I don't care about your journey to work let alone your preference of apples.
It's shite. LOL....

elvisontour

Jan 9, 2004
IN A HOUSE
Good Thread

Nice one nups for sharing matey sorry to hear that story about a friend sometimes we never get chance hence I always try to tell everyone on here I love them lol. Im sure they new you did care ..

Facebook for me was brilliant to start off with was a bit like sweets you just cant get enough then they changed it a bit and I never had mine setup proper so everyone could see my pics and see what I was saying on there silly me:mad:

So When distant family who would have never ever seen or heard about my life did.

They took it upon themselves to try and cause trouble and be nasty a Total reflection of them and not me so I took myself outa the everyone can see my life to If you wanna know anything about me ask me face to face ...

It always worked for me before:thumbsup:

The only thing I do miss is the fact that I had started to talk to oldskool friends but after a few clicks I had all there email addresses and I talk to them that way or on the phone.

Facebook is not everyones cuppa tea but if its yours then im happy for ya ;) ;) ;)

P.M me if you need to know when im having my next big cuppa tea or when im off the bog lol...:fekked: :fekked: :fekked: