In My House - 26th May

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
well what can I say about this night. firstly i was a pleased to meet Woody/TC/Cano/SaySay/Wayne & Missus, cartouche & tricky nicky/ Shooms/Tony Ross Steve Williams. thought on the whole everybody played good sets but I really thought for that last hour we were going to get some beasts & don't get me wrong we got some but imho not enough. People involved seem it be a bit reserved in what they played, maybe they didn't want to play obvious tracks. but why not if that's what the crowd want, play um. just my opinion like. Upmost respect to all the dj's that played on the night.
On the whole top night great to see y'all
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Would just like to say had a top top night all my mates really enjoyed themselves; was great to meet/ see (who will i forget this time) Cartouche, davey (top geezer :king:) say say, cano, woody :)thumbsup: phones: ) Tricky Nicky,ichlgh (rokin to the max) there was afew more top peeps in the corner too but im sorry the names evade me at the mo. Mr Raddish brilliant when you managed to out talk the taxi driver on the way home (which was no mean feet):fekked: lol

I would agree with what Davey said top tunes but wud have liked a couple more cheeky piano bangers.

Any way checking into rehab now thanks once again:wave:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Mr Raddish brilliant when you managed to out talk the taxi driver on the way home (which was no mean feet):fekked: lol
:

Just getting my own back on the same driver who on the way there never shut up! Franco if when not driving the taxi, you check OSA. .. . only joking!

A few more belters may have been in order, but had a great night and there were plenty of top tunes.

Loved meeting, Nics, T.C, Shooms, Inchigh, Steve Williams, Tony Ross, Woody, Cano ( Like the little boy with his finger in the dyke by the end!), Shabba, Lottie, Jiglo, Miss SS, Si Hill, Nadia, Legal Eyez & Kate (my fellow Lymmers!)

Big Shout to Wayne & Emma thanks for sharing a cab, Alex cheers for the after party!, Tom, Chris, Ben? Great to meet you all.

Bound to have missed a lot of people, but hey ho!

See you all soon.
Love Mr Radish.

:wave:

Last edited:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
I'd love to write a review but I can't remember fook all after about the first hour, I'd been out on the piss since early doors so was well bolloxed!

As far as i know it was mint tho!

Good to see everyone again.:thumbsup:

woody

Well, im just about computerable today so i thought i would start the review for what was a fantastic night. :king: First of all i would like to thanks everyone who helped with the organising.. Cano & Saysay:thumbsup: Couldnt have done it without you's, and i'm ded glad you're part of the crew:thumbsup: :king: LouLou for doing a wicked job with the flyers:luv: and everyone else who contributed in some way or another, that if ive forgot then im probably still not quite 100% yet lol :fekked:
The DJs on the night excelled themselves from the first beat of music right until the very end, well at least till the start of my set anyway lol Cano kicking the show off with 2hr15mins of downtempo legends style tunes, building up to some corkers like black box - hold on, beatbusters, Olympia - You want my love,and Bassomatic-fascinating Rhythm, leaving Recca a perfect platform to take off from.
Recca was up next and stepped up the pace with Last Rhythm, funkatarium, & The phoenix et al to really get the crowd on their feet with their hands like this \o/ it was really great to see the hotstepper out with his usual massive smile, playing tunes he loves himself:king: Cheers Rexxy:king: :thumbsup: Glad you had such a good night mate:cool:

SaySay played a right stonkin set, (as commented on by loads of my mates from back home:thumbsup: ) and also not her usual style which just goes to show what a great little Deej we have on our hands here!! Playing stuff like smaller than zero, the extravagance ep, and Street Level Funk - Show Me What You Got, the crowd were well up for it by the time the man like Tony Ross graced the turntables:king: With some absolute stormers too!! Urban Hype - Tecknologi, Yobots - I got it, DOP - Groovy beat(i think lol) and of course the Young man himself ;) Young MC - know how, which had the crowd goin' for it bigtime!!! it was really mint to see you playing with a smile this big :biggrin: i take it you enjoyed it T:cool: :thumbsup:
the final hour was left up to me, and i tried to play some absolute classics, to make everyone go home with a smile on their faces. :D I didnt realise the reaction of the crowd at first as i was concentrating on mixing lol but whoever had my camera recorded a video of me playin my first tune and practically all you can hear is the crowd:cool: \o/

In response to the few who thought there should have been more anthems..
well, thats not really why we started the event. We started the night as we are all sick to death of hearing the same old shite regurgated week in week out, and wanted to give the DJs a chance to play what they wanted. I think every single DJ (especially me) played enough well known tunes to compliment the lesser known ones, and we think we really dont need to go down the route of playing anything that may ever be considered for a M.O.S album:p so if you want to hear KKlass and Rhythm quest this isnt the night for you ;)

For example, my set, crammed full of well known hands in the air beasties\o/

Kariya - Let me love you for tonight(rebuilt)
King Bee - Back By Dope Demand
Nitro Deluxe - Lets get Brutal
Orange Lemon - Dreams of Santa Anna
Tendance - I cant take it
Roberta Flack - Uh Uh Oh Oh Look out(here it comes)
Ten City - Thats the way love is
Inner City - Big Fun (LA Big fun remix)
Frankie Knuckles - Your Love
Jomanda - Got a Love for you
Joe Smooth - Promised Land
Bizz Nizz - Dont miss the party line
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
Electronic - Getting away with it
New Order - Blue Monday
Happy Mondays - Step on
Nenah Cherry - Buffalo Stance

Anyways not gonna go on anymore about that lol :D but i would like to say a huge big thanks to everyone who turned up with in their dancing shoes, with their smiley faces, who made the night such a success. Of course the usual crew, love you longtime:hubba: and the newbies Tom & Si and your lovely girlies, was great to meet yas, and really good to see you's goin for it so early (and then kept it up the whole night) Wayne and yer missus, Davey and yer mate and anyone else i may have forgot:fekked: lol :$

Anyways, I'd again just like to thank everyone once again for making it a great night to be part of:king::thumbsup: :cool: :king::love: :fekked: :hubba: :gigolo:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Had a top night with top people! Loads of OSA people I met last time and some I did not!

Sorry Cano, only caught your last two tunes mate, should have got there earlier. I'm sure you were ace. The last time I saw you you were like the little boy with his finger in the dyke (people are making up their own jokes already!) or King Knut holding back the tide. If someone broke the hot water pipe on purpose, then you should be ashamed :mad: It was probably an accident?!

Recca played a really good set which got the crowd going. Miss Say Say followed that up in great style, love it mate.

Tony Ross. . . . .Happy as a sand boy or pig in shit. . . you decide! Played the entire set with a huge grin on his face!! :biggrin:
Even one bail out mix, could not remove that grin! Well done that man!
Young MC rocked. . . but then again it would!!

Woody, Thought your set rocked big time mate. Favourite tune by a mile, Getting away with it by Electronic . . . .I was singing my heart out to that one as was everyone else! That's the way love is was fab and even Meatballs got an outing!!

Don't be too touchy about a couple of people saying they wanted a few more athems. There were just perhaps a few moments over the night where, it needed an extra pep. However, I agree that to roll out the usual old shite is not the way forward. Dj'ing is not an exact science is it??!! Overall I thought the night was a great mix of people and music and would do it all again. Good to see you again by the way.

Love that venue, just right for nights like that. I do wish they would change the floor though! I managed to stay on my feet this time (once bitten and all that). However Si's Lovely girly Nadia went arse over tit. . . Hope you have no bruises love. Si, Lovely Nadia, Tom and Lovely Kate, nice to meet you again (we had already met before, Pre OSA Small world!)

Wayne and Emma, great to hang out with you and your mates!

To everyone else Big Love.:love:

Special Thanks to Woody, Cano & Say Say for pulling it all together so well.
Would not happen without you, be proud of youselves!!
:thumbsup: phones: :thumbsup:

See you next time.

Mr Radish!
:wave:

Last edited:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Love that venue, just right for nights like that. I do wish they would change the floor though! I managed to stay on my feet this time (once bitten and all that). However Si's Lovely girly Nadia went arse over tit. . .

Arse over tit is in fashion init?

Thats my excuse anyway.:D

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Lol radish :D I must have spent half hour in the toilets as you put it with my finger in the dyke :cops: :D Not a scoobys on what happened there but we got it sorted :cool:

As for the night .. A big fcuk hoff thanks to woods for getting me and tracy involved , absolutley the best thing ive ever put on .. Respect :king:

Nice one to everyone that came along , them who didnt missed a great night ;)

Met some heads for 1st time .. Adam wilson , tom , nadia , si , kate , inchigh & lots of tonys lot :wave: great to meets yas :cool:

I really enjoyed myself on the decks as its been a while like , started off at 100 bpm and worked it up to around 117 by the time i came off had some real good reactions to the stuff i was playing and everyone was bopping along :D (it was around 2 hrs 20 ish mins just to be anal) :p

Recca , tracy , tony (loving it) ross :D & woody all ace sets some real thought had gone into what you all played :king:

Respect to the regulars .. Great to see you all as always :king: .. Hope you can join us again when we do another :thumbsup:

Ps Lottie .. Thanks for the badge .. Fuckin ace :D

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Lol radish :D I must have spent half hour in the toilets as you put it with my finger in the dyke :cops: :D

Fookin 'ell how wrong does that sound! Hahaha!! :cops: :eek: :D

Anywayz, ....

I was so pleased to see you all make the effort and come over to the night, thank you all loads i hope you can all make it to the next one! ;)

Woody a massive thanks as cano said for asking us to be part of this, proper chuffed at how our first night went, noice! :D

So anyway cano was up first playing some absolutley top downtempo tuna, got us all well in the mood, some bloody lovely stuff from you and it was ace to see you playing out again....its been too long! :love: ;)

The man like rec-ca-ca-caaaa was up next with his cheeky smile :D , top set from you too, brought it up a level :cool: and by this time the club was filling up nicely, plenty of people dancing.

I was on next and must admit i was slighty nervous as it was packed by 12, enjoyed meself loads anyway, got some nice reactions from you lot which put a smile on my face. :D

Tony was on after me, that first tune you played was PHATT lol , loved your set, nice and different, chunky phunky house with some more recognizable tunes towards the end, you gave off a great vibe, big smile throughout! :D Was a pleasure to have both yourself and recca on, great stuff! :cool:

Woody - What can i say matey, i thought that was the best set you've played, loved your choice of tunes, infact i think a couple of times i came up to you to say 'nice one' :D fckin ace, had us all singing our hearts out, and buffalo stance to end the night was quality, fandabbidosie! lol :D

Lottie - LMAO loved the badges you had made for us, proper tickled me, shooms walking round the place with 'council slag' on his top, and t.c with pissy pants, woody had 'c*nt' i had 'dj ploppy pants', cano had 'fck hoff' and you had 'hoff is god' and a couple others i cannae remember. :D

T.C - Top burd as always, tryin to get me wankered before me set haha, 8 bottles for a tenner lol, bloody bargin, just a shame they only did it till 10pm, booo! :D

Again thanks to you all for coming over, Steve williams, All of tonys mates (there was loads lol), nicky, ricky, danny c, sully and co, nics, pepelepew and sarah, sprewell, wayne and emma, jiglo, shabba, shooms, Lee and ya 2 mates, Mr radish, inchigh and davey nice to meet you both, Legal_eyez, kate...si-hill and nadia was lovely to meet you all too, glad you had a great night. Also adam wilson, thanks for taking the night off to come over, hope to see you at the next one. Oh and jay knight and girlfriend, greeney, adam and joy, alan (canos bezzie mate) mandy (canos sis) and her mate, glad you enjoyed yourselfs too. :D Hope i havent forgot anyone :$

The mash up back at neils was great haha, dont think ive talked so much tripe in all my life, fckin ace! :D

Dont think ive forgotten anything if i have i will add later.

See you at the next one! :wave:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
I just rembered about Nadia she was ace as well as seeing Nicky baby again; i agree totally about the posts above in relation to tuneage; in fact its fair dos how you guys pull out some ov the more random stuff to keep us going!!

Must admit loved New order Blue Monday was singing my head off lol.

I know i said i would have liked a couple more piano belters but i must have had a fairly blinding night as i danced from 11 till 3 with a couple of breaks for my withered old back!:$

So cheers to all DJs spot on :king:

si-hill76

Jan 23, 2007
in Lymmbo
Just Surfaced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) ;) AY UP O.S.A....:) just got my head together:crazy: Finally..:) :) What a fuckin top night Saturday..BIG HELLO Woody..Shooms..CANO..SAY SAY..TC ...JIGLO...Mr RADDISH...erm..fuckin ell i was in a mess ..:bigfekked sorry if i've forgotten anyone..was too fucked.Me Tom..Nad..Kate..love you all....Dj's ..:thumbsup: What can i say..SHIT HOT:thumbsup: every tune a BANGER..Shame about the plumbing.Next time trunks and armbands.Made us all feel very welcome..Part of the family stuff....NICE;) Ready for the next one."WHAT WERE GONNA DO RIGHT HERE IS GO BACK...WAY..BACK..PEACE":wave:

LEGAL__EYEZ

VIP Silver Member
Jul 12, 2005
Warrington
Firstly a massive thanks to all the djs who made the night such a success and to those who helped organise the event, t'was absolutely crackin :D :thumbsup:

My plan was to try and stay relatively straight so that I would be able to hold conversation with everyone as I hadn't met anyone off here before but that went out the window about 1pm when we hit the local boozer for a few swift ones, from there we headed into china town for some scran and a few more jars :crazy: By the time we arrived at about 8:30 I was certainly ready for it :spin: Cano, fookin class mate, played some right beasts which with the help of a few little uns had me right in the mood :thumbsup:

Then came the blur :crazy: Recca, Saysay, Tony Ross had me dancing non stop with some reet tunes being played, if only i could remember more :$ I landed again just abouts in time for Woodys set, which really turned things up ;) Some of my favourite tunes in there mate, Kariya, Dreams of santa anna, Tendance, Massive Attack, Electronic (went down a treat) and to top it all off, Buffalo Stance what a feckin tune :cool:

Was great to meet everyone, Cano, Miss Saysay, Woody, Tc, Jiglo (didnt take you long to start dancin did it), Shooms(sorry for the quick dash mate was already half an hour late for the taxi :$ ) Shabba, Nics, Ponka (couldnt remember your feckin name for the life of me mate :cops:) Pepe le pew, Mr Radish (very mad how we'd already met b4), sure I spoke with Wayne at some point. There is loads more people i met but my head feels like a pan of bricks at the mo and cant remember names so to all those people thanks for making us feel welcome :D

Ended up crawling through my door 8:30 monday morning, which isnt bad considering I was supposably taking it easy. All in all a wicked night was had, defo going to make it down to more events after Ive paid of the debts from this weekend :(

See you all again soon for more crazy antics :spin: :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Lottie - LMAO loved the badges you had made for us,
t.c with pissy pants, :D

T.C - Top burd as always, tryin to get me wankered before me set haha, 8 bottles for a tenner lol, bloody bargin, just a shame they only did it till 10pm, booo! :D

err hang on just a minute, i didnt hear the word "no" figuring anywhere each time we were at the bar , so i refuse to take the blame ;) :p

and my badge wasnt pissy pants!! :eek: think that was nics'
in fact, i had three (dont know if i should be pleased or insulted so many applied to me) :ba: lol
i had:
"cock the fook hoff"
"gyppo" (unsurprised but was expecting it to be pikey, so she proved me wrong);)
and one i appeared to had to have earned :confused: as i didnt get to have it til later in the night, lol : "hoff my head"

full review to follow , i gotta be somewhere in a min, but in short....what a fan-fcuking-tastic night!!! ::cool: :love: :alcohol: :banana:

Last edited:

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
err hang on just a minute, i didnt hear the word "no" figuring anywhere each time we were at the bar , so i refuse to take the blame ;) :p

and my badge wasnt pissy pants!! :eek: think that was nics'
in fact, i had three (dont know if i should be pleased of insulted so many applied to me) :ba: lol
i had:
"cock the fook hoff"
"gyppo" (unsurprised but was expecting it to be pikey, so she proved me wrong);)
and one i appeared to had to have earned :confused: as i didnt get to have it til later in the night, lol : "hoff my head"

full review to follow , i gotta be somewhere in a min, but in short....what a fan-fcuking-tastic night!!! ::cool: :love: :alcohol: :banana:

Hahaha!! :p ;) :D :pixie:

Oh aye yeah yours wasnt pissy pants, lmao....nics had the pleasure of wearing that one! :D Cant remember what all lotties said still??

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )
Hahaha!! :p ;) :D :pixie:

Oh aye yeah yours wasnt pissy pants, lmao....nics had the pleasure of wearing that one! :D Cant remember what all lotties said still??

lol nics was pissy pants and crack whore :D mine were , hoff is god , hoff mi head which later found its way over to TC , a badge pinched of my pan lid , dont bully , you know its naughty and dont hassle the hoff with a picture of the man himself which may i add amused me even more wen i got asked why i had a princess diana badge on :thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Shame about the plumbing.Next time trunks and armbands

Scubar Diving! :rofl: :D ba dum tisch :$ lol
:drum:

Also, I seem to recall me and you doing some 'Bez dancing' when the Factory records section was on, well trying to anyway, lol :crazy: most probably looked more like our shoes were on fire and trying to stamp it out :S :fekked:
:D