I'll Name That Tune In One !!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
I think I know what you mean....

There were a couple of versions of 40 miles, I dunno the cat #'s or anything but the original white label has a sample of the piano from Jimi Polo which starts with the first note. The one I have on Inner Rhythm has the piano re-played rather than sampled and as VA says the first note of the piano is missing so you have to to drop the tune in on the second beat....

Is that what you mean ??!!

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
Mike said:

There were a couple of versions of 40 miles, I dunno the cat #'s or anything but the original white label has a sample of the piano from Jimi Polo which starts with the first note. The one I have on Inner Rhythm has the piano re-played rather than sampled and as VA says the first note of the piano is missing so you have to to drop the tune in on the second beat....

Ahhh!! Right!

The orig' white 'BETA 1' has all the notes Rich, thats the press you want ;)

Dunno why they missed a note on the Inner Rhythm press, I prefer not to use that press!

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
I've got a tune with the first piano note missing too. Its Asha - JJ Tribute On DiscoMagic Gold. Can't understand how they could even re-release it with the first crucial note missing:confused:. Sounds shite fading it in. Anyone elses like that?

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
GRIMMY said:
I've got a tune with the first piano note missing too. Its Asha - JJ Tribute On DiscoMagic Gold. Can't understand how they could even re-release it with the first crucial note missing:confused:. Sounds shite fading it in. Anyone elses like that?

I think all the Disco Magic Gold ones are like that. The Beat Club is ok though! :thumbsup:

GRIMMY said:

I think this is becuase the Discomagic gold issues are all boots of the original tunes... :eek: Also re the ASHA Discomagic gold release there must be 2 versions coz mine is has all the notes present & correct...

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Shoomster said:
I think this is becuase the Discomagic gold issues are all boots of the original tunes... :eek: Also re the ASHA Discomagic gold release there must be 2 versions coz mine is has all the notes present & correct...

There are 2 pressings of the Discomagic Gold release of ASHA cos I've had both of them.

There's one like you rightly say which has the first note of the piano missing.

The other copy has the first note present and correct and also has an acapella on the same side as the original mix which is not on the copy with the first note missing!

Both of these have exactly the same cat #, sleeve and label.

RabbitCity

Feb 7, 2004
WARRINGTON
Mike said:

Yeah ive got this congress im only 4o miles away from love 1st beat missing... ;)