Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
blue jammer said:
Good call on the Boardwalk, Tickle.

Went there in '90 a few times, but the heat used to put us all off in there, it was hotter than hazy! lol

Top venue though, if only they'd sorted air con or sommat :thumbsup:

lol that could explian why I was so skinny back in those days!:p :fekked:

I was more upset about that place closing down than I was about the hac tbh, wished I'd have gone to watch some bands play there though, i only went on a Friday or Saturday night. Oh and a couple of times on a Thursday night after my mate had put on a night. He paid me £20 to dance on the stage lol:$

simzzzz

Spectrum 1990 all nighter @ hummingbird Birmingham :thumbsup: totally wicked event Micky finn rocked big time

otherwise Perception Feb 91 @ wisbech market, rocked. and the site of a load of brummies off their faces walking into McDonalds after for breakfast covered up to their ankles in cowshite from the cattle market it was held in was hilarious:)

happy dayz indeed !!

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
Because we,ve been fortunate enough to have a few Legends reunions i,ll count it out .......

Venus, Nottingham. For me downstairs with Dj Sy, the atmosphere when he played Mr Kirks Nightmare as his last track was incredible .....

Or Catalonia (Lo) Derby where Jools F brought the scene alive in the East Mids prior to Progress .... Tunes such as Denise Lopez - Don,t Yer Wanna Be Mine and Corina - Temptation raised the roof in a cracking intimate venue :thumbsup:

Just realised thats two ... And it,d be hard to choose between them

Mister_DJ

May 1, 2003
Location Location
Ed_the_ball said:
Because we,ve been fortunate enough to have a few Legends reunions i,ll count it out .......

Venus, Nottingham. For me downstairs with Dj Sy, the atmosphere when he played Mr Kirks Nightmare as his last track was incredible .....

Or Catalonia (Lo) Derby where Jools F brought the scene alive in the East Mids prior to Progress .... Tunes such as Denise Lopez - Don,t Yer Wanna Be Mine and Corina - Temptation raised the roof in a cracking intimate venue :thumbsup:

Just realised thats two ... And it,d be hard to choose between them

Hello Ed :wave: Nice to see someone on from Chester. Up until about 9 mths ago we lived in Helsby - top part of the world we miss it v much :cry:

Out of all the nights I went to I would love to relive an evening at The Eclipse circa Jan-June 91

Stuff I never went to, prob would have to be an early Sunrise or Boys Own party.

Also would love to see Levan play the Paradise Garage and Ron Hardy play the Music Box or be within range of WBMX around 85/86 with a radio/cassette recorder and a massive box full of TDKs :p :p

:thumbsup:

Mart
:rolleyes:

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
pauly p said:
Went to Osset a couple of times then Morley when that opened in 91 but there was always better places around this time like the Warehouse or the Tolerance nights in Bradford :love: Morley was always a bit white glove :|

haha tolerance is my mates old night, changed to Universe (we did a JOY & Universe in Bradfors in2004.. they were good nights for sure..

promoter for that now looks after promotions for space in leeds and numerous other events..

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
kells&tots said:
promoter for that now looks after promotions for space in leeds and numerous other events..

Space in leeds is a good night out......me n r kid went last time i was there....:thumbsup: Was a while ago now but i still enjoyed it ;) been a few times n never had a shit night there :thumbsup:

ivan

May 24, 2006
tap end of the bath
what a great thread !
some great memories being stirred by the masses.
too many to think of just one...

think i'll take konspiracy's route and go to somewhere i didn't.
one night to see levan at the garage. :thumbsup:

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
nowthen said:
I'd jib back in time to any of the Stalybridge allnighters.

proper do's:thumbsup:

I went to just one of them, twas a crackin' night! Remember there being a projector screen with like a sailing ship 'puppet thingy' bobbin about in front of it! Was kinda weird but top notch off ya nut :fekked: Also remember me mate trying to smoke a fag lit end first :S & getting horribly lost trying to find the motorway back to Yorkshire :S

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
spiely said:
Wasn't it Slim who used to promote the Tolerance / Universe nights?

They were some great nights. Some of my best nights out ever in fact:D

Yes it was, a great friend of mine who has opend alot of doors for me, also done lots of work with him.. he is a funny guy is slim, not got good words to say about many people but it really makes me smile, iv always got on really well with him, he is still very busy to this day..

where are you from if u dont mind me asking??

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Lozzie said:
Plus I was 5 at the time...so, probably not a good idea!

I have a small clip somewhere of a party, bout 92 tho, a couple of girls dancing on the stage (outdoor event) with a little girl cant be more than 4 or 5, holding mums hand and dancing away, cant imagine what that little girl must think today lol (i was at that party hahaha) :p shell only be about 16 or 17 today :|

DJ H

Jun 28, 2004
Just a couple of the places I went & loved...

The Hacienda in 88, & also 89 - many breathtaking nights out.

Legends Warrington 1990 - leaps & bounds ahead of anywhere else in the NW with it's Balearic music policy.

Legends again - NYE 1992 - the best night I ever had in a club & with the most diverse music!

Love Ranch at Maximus, Leics Square, London in 92 - this was, imo, easily London's best club night - a balearic haven & progressive nuthouse!

The original Exodus raves - these were amazing free events - went to every single one!

Labrynth, Dalston, London in 1992 - Scary, but in all the right ways! One of the most mental clubs ever - this was fuckin' hard core techno at it's peak.

The original Spiral Tribe parties - these were just curaaaaaazeeeey!

The 'old' terrace at Space, Ibiza - loved it - it will be sadly missed.

There's tons & tons.....................