Shaboo

May 1, 2021
10857926_10205585865706587_6869304266446935888_n.jpg

Reactions: Albertryder

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
yup ive been in but didnt have enough money to buy anything 💰💰💰 :axe:

is that a recent pic Shaboo? it it closed down now
no pal been closed down a good while now...yes it was a tad on the expensive side, i certainley remember that..good choice of tunes though

Spektral

Jan 24, 2019
I bought a lot of zone tapes from there and yeah, I suppose, quite a stack of tunes - but they were not the mega money ones. More like PCP, Trix's Cheeze N' Biscuits, Bit Machine (before it got hammered) and whatever I could find for less than a tenner lol. It was notoriously pricey. Phil always seemed a nice guy, but I can't say we spoke a lot, other than telling him how far I'd come to go in there.

I heard he moved premises many years ago and was still selling records for a fair while, but not really well ordered or even dance orientated. I know somebody who went over when that venture was closed, as Phil was selling off the entire lot I believe. According to the said person, the records were stacked flat (very naughty indeed and not advised at all!) in piles 6 foot high all over the place and it took days to even sift through half of it.

There was a fair bit of dance, but for the most part it was apparently all other kinds of music, old bands, collectables, oddities.

I'm sad enough to have kept a load of record shop bags from my heyday, so I have a couple of Melody House ones tucked in with my Beat Street, Reidy's, Eastern Bloc etc.

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
I bought a lot of zone tapes from there and yeah, I suppose, quite a stack of tunes - but they were not the mega money ones. More like PCP, Trix's Cheeze N' Biscuits, Bit Machine (before it got hammered) and whatever I could find for less than a tenner lol. It was notoriously pricey. Phil always seemed a nice guy, but I can't say we spoke a lot, other than telling him how far I'd come to go in there.

I heard he moved premises many years ago and was still selling records for a fair while, but not really well ordered or even dance orientated. I know somebody who went over when that venture was closed, as Phil was selling off the entire lot I believe. According to the said person, the records were stacked flat (very naughty indeed and not advised at all!) in piles 6 foot high all over the place and it took days to even sift through half of it.

There was a fair bit of dance, but for the most part it was apparently all other kinds of music, old bands, collectables, oddities.

I'm sad enough to have kept a load of record shop bags from my heyday, so I have a couple of Melody House ones tucked in with my Beat Street, Reidy's, Eastern Bloc etc.
pretty cool, never even thought of keeping the bags, nice shout

Reactions: Albertryder