I must be insane lol!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
Im gonna be dustin off my old rugby boots and getting ready for battle for one last time today, as ive been asked to come out of retirement to play in a charity testimonial game to raise money for two charitys, one charity is for an appeal for a local lad who is battling leukaemia, and the other charity is cancer research:thumbsup:

Heres a link to info about the match

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/4313440.Rugby_lads_pack_down_for_braveheart_Adam/

Theres gonna be a comedian on after the match, buffet etc, so if theres anyone local, st helens, wigan, warrington etc, and your lookin for sommat to do, why not pop down and show your support and watch the old uns doo the young uns (or as is most likely watch the old uns get smashed to pieces lol:$ )

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Good on ya alex:king:

I'd have popped along mate, but got other plans for later:thumbsup:

Hope you come away with few injuries mate and raise lots of cash for the little guy:thumbsup: :D

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
hope things go well,good to c osaers doin there bit for charity,if it was rugby league i would of popped along but with it being union will av to kick that into touch,good luck and i hope ya raise a nice wedge:)

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
How did it go Alex?:)

It was a good day mate, a 48-10 win for us old uns (weve still got it lol!) Pity i cant walk now though lol, tendonitis/inflammed ligaments in my ankle/foot lol:$ i still think im 19 in my head:S but my body knows different. Its been Funny reading half of the lads facebook profiles, dont think im the only suffering.

Theres now talk of us starting a vets team next year, so that should be good:D

Loads of dosh was raised, big crowd watching a no holds barred match even though it was supposed to be a friendly.

It Was played more in the spirit of a league game postie, i was fullback, and never kicked to touch once lol;)

Good day all round:D