Huge Kudos to Lucky Rolley!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Jonno's friend Justin ( he has been to an OSA meet up many years ago and an OSA member) is giving his sister a kidney! How fucking amazing that he would do that. It really restores my faith in human kindness- i am gobsmacked! His sister has quite profound disabilities and life can't be easy already for the family. What a sound sound bloke:thumbsup:

:love:

Let's hear more acts of altruism, surley you all have some:)

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
My Mum donated bone marrow to the Anthony Nolan Clinic.

Unfortunately the recipient, (an Austrian gentleman) did not make it.

Still I was proud off my mum.:thumbsup: :love:

Entropy92

Aug 8, 2001
Stoke
I admire anyone who does stuff like that obviously, at the same time its his sister so if he hadnt done it id be upset :| Chris your mums a legend for doin that for someone she doesnt know Ive heard thats a really painful process to go through! :thumbsup:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I admire anyone who does stuff like that obviously, at the same time its his sister so if he hadnt done it id be upset :| Chris your mums a legend for doin that for someone she doesnt know Ive heard thats a really painful process to go through! :thumbsup:

Push out the jive and bring in the love ;) .

It's not a negative thread- it's a thread celebrating how sound some people are- regardless of relationship.

Well done Justin and all others who are ace enough to give the others chance of life:thumbsup:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
I like many other ordinary people give blood on a regular basis.

It's a simple act, but I would encourage all to consider it.

Put it this way. . .If you were bleeding to death. . . you would expect a transfusion.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Jonno's friend Justin ( he has been to an OSA meet up many years ago and an OSA member) is giving his sister a kidney! How fucking amazing that he would do that. It really restores my faith in human kindness- i am gobsmacked! His sister has quite profound disabilities and life can't be easy already for the family. What a sound sound bloke:thumbsup:

:love:

Let's hear more acts of altruism, surley you all have some:)
I know someone else who is doing that. Not sure if they'd want it mentioned on a public site but big thumbsup to them for helping a family member out! The whole family went and got tested being a match and wife & 3 children were all matches so all should go well with it! :) :love:

I like many other ordinary people give blood on a regular basis.

It's a simple act, but I would encourage all to consider it.

Put it this way. . .If you were bleeding to death. . . you would expect a transfusion.
I defo take my hat off to people who do this!! Honestly, I'm TERRIFIED of needles... People who don't have this phobia don't understand but I'd love to, one day, be able to pluck up the courage to do it.

I am on the organ donor list though... :$

Good things people have done... I'll get back to you when I can think of specifics but when friends/people are just there when you need them most. That's ace! :)

x