HTFR in The Observer

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

marchwiel

May 23, 2003
Newcastle
Interesting article about Hard to Find in The Observer online . I won't copy and paste the whole article but my favourite quote from the article is:

"Some of the records we're selling today for £5 will be worth £10 in a year's time"

which, while I admit to taking it a bit out of context, does make me laugh when you consider they are willing to pay a measly four quid for Teknobit :mad: .

b00ty

Jul 13, 2004
allscool.co.uk
hehe, well having been collecting (89-91) house for a while now, i can tell you this. I live a train journey away from htfr, so have been there a few times. So check this, first day i turn up two brand bmw's outside, so, i think not bad. Then next day i go brand new humma (humvee) with the reg 'IITFR' (with the screw between the 'II' to make it a 'H'. Hmm, someones coining it! NEXT day, brand new red (of course!) ferrari, again personalised plates, and a porsche 911 (prolly turbo) with the reg 'VINYL'. So like, maybe these arent all theirs, but makes you wander.

But i have to say about htfr, if u dont live near i wouldnt buy old vinyl, as 2 out of 6 youll prolly have to return, me living near this is no probs. And they are sound if you're sound, old vinyl will be scratched sometimes, plus, you gotta remember with all the DJ hype these days, theres like 50 monkeys in the store dropping the needles like bombs onto the grooves :C

laters

Said it before an I'll say it again (dance while the record spins)... only bloke @ HTFR who was worth his salt was Mike Cawlish.. proper Sasha nut who knew his tunes & sorted me out loads :D

I'd also agree that HTFR is worth it providing you can turn up to their gaff... loads of bargains to be had & no worries about state of vinyl/wrong mixes/bootlegs being sent to you :D

b00ty

Jul 13, 2004
allscool.co.uk
Shoomster said:
...I'd also agree that HTFR is worth it providing you can turn up to their gaff... loads of bargains to be had & no worries about state of vinyl/wrong mixes/bootlegs being sent to you :D

hehe, the 'state' of some of those bootlegs, o my. say no more :mad:

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Shoomster said:
I'd also agree that HTFR is worth it providing you can turn up to their gaff... loads of bargains to be had & no worries about state of vinyl/wrong mixes/bootlegs being sent to you :D

The same can be said of at least 1 other birmingham shop ;)

One of the only benefits of living round here IMO is that there's an abundance of old vinyl around here for some reason ... It all seems to end up here like OAPs end up in Bournemouth lol.

stuck in Aahz

Mar 28, 2004
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Shoomster said:

I've been there loads of times in the late 90's. They always cut me a good deal on a pile of tunes. I had bad luck dealing with them through the mail, just like everyone else, but that was ages ago.