How my home town still loves it's Rave :D

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

GBUK

Feb 21, 2006
Manchester
there is a report on this on bbc news 24. the cops up to there old tricks again:naughty: , covering there numbers up, letting police dogs off, heavy handed stuff.

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
It's insain init... On one hand they don't like ppl having house partys and desturbing ppl late at night with loud music and lots of ppl yelling and they don't like it when the clubs kick out at the end of the night in the middle of town, so a few ladz set up a place away from ppl to play music they WANT to hear and not the crap they play in clubs so you buy nothing but drinks... Giving ppl a place to smoke, jump about all night, have a good time and most importantly let off a bit of steam and the police spend there time and money stopping it... Result? next week they all end up in town getting drunk and kicking off at the end of the night coz the clubs don't provide entertainment, they simply provide a place 4 ppl to talk shit about each other while pissed up and start to take there aggression out on each other... Yeah i'm glad we all pay good tax money to a backwards police system and a bunch of toffs that come up with amazing ideas like "Let's ban smoking from ALL public places" Wonderfull thats gonna make the community a safer place to live... "OMG quick run 4 ya life theres a dude smoking a cig!!! i'm gonna die of cancer!!... Let's run over here where it's safer with this gang of yobs kicking crap out of some old dude coz they aint been able to have a cig for the last 2 hours in fear of not being let back in the club...." What a fantastic world we live in...

Solution? Give the ppl a field just outside town and say "You can rave here, smoke here and do what ya like.... just don't call the cops if it all kicks off..." Sorted, it aint rocket science....

Rant over... :p

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
It's insain init... On one hand they don't like ppl having house partys and desturbing ppl late at night with loud music and lots of ppl yelling and they don't like it when the clubs kick out at the end of the night in the middle of town, so a few ladz set up a place away from ppl to play music they WANT to hear and not the crap they play in clubs so you buy nothing but drinks... Giving ppl a place to smoke, jump about all night, have a good time and most importantly let off a bit of steam and the police spend there time and money stopping it... Result? next week they all end up in town getting drunk and kicking off at the end of the night coz the clubs don't provide entertainment, they simply provide a place 4 ppl to talk shit about each other while pissed up and start to take there aggression out on each other... Yeah i'm glad we all pay good tax money to a backwards police system and a bunch of toffs that come up with amazing ideas like "Let's ban smoking from ALL public places" Wonderfull thats gonna make the community a safer place to live... "OMG quick run 4 ya life theres a dude smoking a cig!!! i'm gonna die of cancer!!... Let's run over here where it's safer with this gang of yobs kicking crap out of some old dude coz they aint been able to have a cig for the last 2 hours in fear of not being let back in the club...." What a fantastic world we live in...

Solution? Give the ppl a field just outside town and say "You can rave here, smoke here and do what ya like.... just don't call the cops if it all kicks off..." Sorted, it aint rocket science....

Rant over... :p

Just come back from the pub after watching the footy and have to say how nice it is not to stink of cigs and how nice it was to watch the footy in an enviroment where my eyes don't sting from smoke.

And yes I do enjoy a cigarette now and again. Smoking ban is fine by me.

Shame the rave ended with violence though mate. People should not throw bricks at the police.

Candyman

Jan 15, 2007
GT Yarmouth
www.corruptskys.co.uk
I fully agree with you that there should be places ppl can go that is a smoke free place, but a full ban is just nonsence, it's just flipped the coin. As it was the ppl that didn't like smoke had to suffer, now the ppl that do smoke have to.... It's not even a complex problem to solve, just issue a licence to pubs and clubs to allow smoking in some of them like the licences thay have for drinking... But i guess thats too simple for the toffs at the top...

Can't say i agree with chucking stuff at the police either, but it just goes to show what a shambles the police force is round here and how many ppl have just had enough of them being so utterly useless at there job...

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
smokers who dont like it can feel free to fuck off out of the country if it so shite

part of the fun of living in a democracy is at some point being in a minority who gets the wrong end of the shitty stick

its the way of the world and no moaning and crying will change anything about it

neither will throwing bricks at the cops, it will just make them all the more determined to stop it in future

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
lol good on them for trying to stage a warehous eparty ;) however times have changed and the justice bill put a stop to any such activities happening again!

as for the smoking ban pah im fed up of hearing about it! ive said it before and ill say it again a little compromise wouldnt go amiss! but hey like anything else in this state we have to do as we are told like good lil monkeys or pay the price!

im disgusted to hear the old bill have resulted in using the heavy arm of the law again! like creats like if you ask me and if they dish it they should take it! but of course as always the old bill being above the law they can do what they want! :naughty: :mad:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
It was on the news at ten last night and unless it's been misreported, went something like this.

The police stopped a vehicle carrying equipment allegedly intentend for use at an illegal rave.

In response approx 100?? people turned up at the local police station, throwing bricks and bottles at police cars etc.

It was not even that a scuffle was spontanious at the rave itself, it was more premeditated than that.

Personally, while not approving of the Criminal Justice Bill and loving a good rave. . .I don't see how marching on mass to the local cop shop armed with missiles helps anyone. Just sounds like a load of the usual chavvy louts?

Like I say it could have been misreported?

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
lol good on them for trying to stage a warehous eparty ;) however times have changed and the justice bill put a stop to any such activities happening again!

Hiya Debs.. think its a question of how heavy the county police enforce the bill. I read a court report in my local paper recently about 3 lads from Luton way who put a party on in a town near to me (warwickshire). The old bill let it continue and didnt confiscate equipment but arrested those involved after the event. The sentences were paltry, i think either small fines or they may have even been let off. Anyhow not as bad as you might think. I think Norfolf / Suffolk way is a hot bed for free parties at the moment..

H

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
The thing i agree with the most out of this is the line on... people just trying to enjoy themselves, it all seems to be going full circle again.

The only nights out i enjoy now are the old skool ones with a top crowd no pissed up nobs to be seen

Harri74

May 29, 2007
Midlands
www.myspace.com
The thing i agree with the most out of this is the line on... people just trying to enjoy themselves, it all seems to be going full circle again.

The only nights out i enjoy now are the old skool ones with a top crowd no pissed up nobs to be seen

I agree with you there Wayne, things do seem to moving full circle. One of the things a lot of people forget is that 'back in de day' it was a renegade thing to do and that dictated the type of crowd you got along. Its good to see a passion for the underground again. It would be nice though if some of the older heads took some of their youger charges under thir wing and showed them how it is done.. eh? ;)