Horror Films

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
No doubt there's been a thread about this before but I went into the Co op last night and they were selling a load of 'scary' films cheap, it being the run up to Halloween of course, and I got Candy Man for £2.95 :thumbsup: I absolutely love the older horror films, watched Hell Raiser 2 last night as well.

So just wondered what horror films all you guys like, I'm not really into the newer ones as they all seem to be a bit samey but some that I think are great are:

Candy Man and Hellraiser- obviously
Nightmare on Elm Street- cheesy but you gotta love it. Scared the crap out of you at sleep overs when you were kids
The Wicker Man- original
The Exorcist

Used to watch some of the oldies with my Mum as she's well into them so will try and think of some more. Some slightly newer films and not strictly horror but quite freaky nevertheless:
8mm
Stigmata

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Wicker man's an absolute belter.
Elm Street 1 & 3 (before it became a ridiculous parody)
Salem's Lot
Children of the Corn
The Shining
Amityville
Omen 1 & 2
Dressed to Kill
Angelheart
Dead Ringers
Scanners
Videodrome
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Friday 13th 1 & 2
Exorcist
Poltergeist
The Fly shit me up n'all.
:thumbsup:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Wicker man's an absolute belter.
Elm Street 1 & 3 (before it became a ridiculous parody)
Salem's Lot
Children of the Corn
The Shining
Amityville
Omen 1 & 2
Dressed to Kill
Angelheart
Dead Ringers
Scanners
Videodrome
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Friday 13th 1 & 2
Exorcist
Poltergeist
The Fly shit me up n'all.
:thumbsup:

How could I have forgot The Shining??!! That's a brilliant film I love it :love: Have you seen the bit on Finding Nemo when Bruce is after Nemos Dad and Dory and he bashes through the door and says "Here's Brucey" Lol

Is Nightmare on Elm Street 3 the one where there's a load of kids in some kind of home?

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Yeah I like that one too :thumbsup: I've seen a few of the others and they get a bit ridiculous but them two are gooduns :thumbsup:

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
oooh thats really good Kate- i wonder if my local co-op is doin cheapo films, then we can hav a scarey movie nite!!
Ilove all those films..espesh the golden oldies!
Halloween
Psycho
Scream (even though its newer- it was the 1st of the teen ones)
The omen (taped it other nite on bbc! ha ha)
Interview wiht a vampire
Chucky
Saw (all)
Salam's Lot
....urm...there's loads i just can't think right now:confused:

*sam*

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2006
Yeah defo :thumbsup: I enjoyed Scream but unfortunately a lot that follwed were just rehashes of a v. similar story :(

Yeh i know what u mean!! Urban Legends was quite good, but other stuff like "i know what you did last summer", Final Destination, Jeepers Creepers, Cherry Falls....Daft, dafter, daftest! There was a surge since '98/99 in teen crap movies!
Quite like the saw films though& gonna go on haloween night to watch the new 5th one!!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I like most of them with one notable exception. Exorcist 3:naughty: That's the only film that shit me up enough to put the light on for:$

koolherc

Aug 29, 2003
Love me Horror films!!

Like all the above mentioned!:D

Exorcist 3 is class though The Excorist 1 is still "hairs on back of your neck stand up " shit!!

one of my all faves has to be "THE CHANGELING" starring George C. Scott who is an immense actor imo! its just the creepy overall feel to the film and that "house"!!

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
Generally, I think alot of them are baaaaaaring. Death after death after...

However, I still have 2 sleep with the telly on after watching them :ghost: :dummy: :condom:

Elate

May 6, 2008
Raddish mentioned The Pit & the Pendulum, classic bit of Vincent! Other great Vincent Price films...
House of usher
The mask of the red death
The fly
House on haunted hill
The raven
Tomb of Ligeria
and the all time classic the witchfinder general.
I have no time for cheap thrills gore movies so alot of the older stuff is more my cup of tea, esp the hammer horrors.(Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing were excellant together)
Dr. Terrors house of horrors
Dracula
Dracula ad 1972
The mummy
and loads more.
Other films worth watching are..
The haunting of hill house ( not the recent version with cz jones)
the entity