"High On Hope - Help Required to Release Film"

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
If you were there in the Eighties, particularly at the Blackburn Acid House parties, then this warrants your attention. "High On Hope" is a film that covers the whole of the Blackburn Warehouse party scene and is a superb historical document of a time when a movement was allowed to carry on unhindered and under the radar, to a point where the gangs, and ultimately the law, moved in.
However, to reach the public domain this film needs YOUR help. The producers of the film have to raise £30,000 to clear the publishing rights for the music featured in the soundtrack to get this film to distribution and release. Now £30,000 seems a lot of money, but think about it. If 3,000 people donated a tenner each that's the job done, there were 10,000 people attended the Nelson party alone back in the day! So do something good for the scene that has brought us so much pleasure over the years, donate £3.00 (less than the price of a pint) and help get this film released into the public domain - Hardcore Uproar, you know the score!

Donations can be made via this link on the "High On Hope" website.

Donate | High On Hope

Muchas gracias, see you soon x
Donate | High On Hope
High On Hope

Postie

VIP Silver Member
Jan 22, 2006
St Helens
Why the hell would you make a movie knowing ya cant see it through financially.Cant the producers get a bank loan like the rest of us. Every fooker is after money these days,not like were already feeling the pinch ourselfs....Rant over,ive donated a quid.:)

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
but for a tenner its not just a donation, your buying the DVD, i would say that £10 is a fair price for a DVD these days, especially if its something that means something special to you :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It's a bit of a catch 22 scenario. As much as I wanna see this film, I don't wanna spend £10 knowing it might never get a release.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ill happily donate when i have a few quid spare.

In the mean time instead of illeagal warehouse raves charging a fiver to get in like back in the day and what the vids all about why not have a few illeagal warehouse viewings charging folk a fiver to watch it ;) authentic ;)

Ill happily donate when i have a few quid spare.

In the mean time instead of illeagal warehouse raves charging a fiver to get in like back in the day and what the vids all about why not have a few illeagal warehouse viewings charging folk a fiver to watch it ;) authentic ;)

we have been allowed to show it at next years retro-trax festival , we will be supporting this donating at least a £1 from every ticket sold , a full 2 page feature/advert in our festival program...and we will also be asking for donations at each screening throughout the weekend... hopefully raise over £5000 , and raise more awareness about this great film :D

nice chilling activity for an hour or so inbetween some serious raving :thumbsup:

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
This from Piers... :D

people thank you very much for donating towards the music costs for High On Hope and your message of support.

As soon as we have cleared the music we will send you a first run DVD and link to watch the film online.

Without your support this film would not have a chance to reach the audience it deserves.

I'll keep you up to date with how we are getting on, Its our hope to have the film out early next year.

This film has been made with little money and a lot of love. Please feel free to spread the love and get others to support High On Hope too.

Thanks again,

Piers

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
we have been allowed to show it at next years retro-trax festival , we will be supporting this donating at least a £1 from every ticket sold , a full 2 page feature/advert in our festival program...and we will also be asking for donations at each screening throughout the weekend... hopefully raise over £5000 , and raise more awareness about this great film :D

nice chilling activity for an hour or so inbetween some serious raving :thumbsup:

Its a great idea Lisa, and hopefully will raise some cash towards it...ill be sure to come and watch and donate with pleasure! :thumbsup:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
interested to see it if it ever comes out, but i ent donating cos it was too far north for me so i didn't go to any of em ;)

good luck with it :thumbsup: