Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Hi guys, my cars fooked so wana buy a new one... I NEED HELP though! :$

I am looking for a diesel, 1.4 (pref)...

I have a 206 and the size is perfect for me so something of a similar size would be great...

Something reliable coz it's for my job!! And not too high insurance bracket as the 206 is only group 5 and I've paid a grand for this year (paying up front also!) already so don't wana pay more if poss....

I reck my budget could stretch to like £7,000 ish... Just seen a polo which looked good at that price but I'm shit at finding cars so wondered if anyone could help me!!??

Thanks in advance!!!

x

Last edited:

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
£7 go and see Terry :thumbsup:

Terry%20Tibbs.jpg

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
Hi Sonz,

my mate has a 2009 Renault Clio with 8500 miles on it,its a 1.2 engine just the basic model,its has however been damaged but repaired professionally.Its booking at over £7000 if it hadnt had been involved in an insurance payout,its metallicy dark red colour,will be taxed as well,not sure if its what your looking for but basically its a brand new car,hes looking for around £5000 for it

tag:)

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Shitting hell! Why so expensive??? :eek:
Because as I was entering my third year (you can't protect until you're going into your fourth) I was in an armed robbery while I was doing my mates hair and my car got nicked and used as the getaway vehicle!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :( :mad: SOOOOOOOOO, I lost 2 years no claims, which were my only no claims so I'm back down to ZERO and a claim! Brilliant news!! That's only as cheap as that coz I paid up front as well... Oh, and I use my car for business, so they sting you on that. Even though you're not insured for any business stuff in your car!:| CNUTS!
Hi Sonz,

my mate has a 2009 Renault Clio with 8500 miles on it,its a 1.2 engine just the basic model,its has however been damaged but repaired professionally.Its booking at over £7000 if it hadnt had been involved in an insurance payout,its metallicy dark red colour,will be taxed as well,not sure if its what your looking for but basically its a brand new car,hes looking for around £5000 for it

tag:)
Don't want a petrol or another French one really... Defo not a clio anyways, my mate had a bad fault on hers and it's really put me off!!! Sorry! :) Thanks though...

Auto Trader UK - Buy & Sell New & Used Cars, Car Loans, Car Insurance

Always a good starting point - you don't have to put a manufacturer in - just £7 and diesel and size of engine :D
Yeah yeah, smart arse. Changed it now... I meant £7,000! Looked on there but I'm biz at knowing shiz about cars so hence enlisting help off the OSA massivo... :) :thumbsup:

You could get a nice golf for that kind of money. . . .bomb proof. Hold their value well.
I was thinking a VW.... Been looking at polo's as they have the right size engine and will defo be lower insurance group which is defo important (see above).

I had a peek at the Audi a2 coz it's a good size but looks hideous!! :(

Any other suggestions??

x

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Because as I was entering my third year (you can't protect until you're going into your fourth) I was in an armed robbery while I was doing my mates hair and my car got nicked and used as the getaway vehicle!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :( :mad: SOOOOOOOOO, I lost 2 years no claims, which were my only no claims so I'm back down to ZERO and a claim! Brilliant news!! That's only as cheap as that coz I paid up front as well... Oh, and I use my car for business, so they sting you on that. Even though you're not insured for any business stuff in your car!:| CNUTS!

CNUTS indeed! :S :( :naughty:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
sonz what about the new corsa? its roughly clio sized and it aint french!

are you gonna part ex your clio for a new one?

before you part ex ur old car (if thats what your doing) waz ur deets into webuyanycar.com..........you may get a better price, i know a few that have sold their cars via them and all were offered more than a part ex

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
what about one of these?
Hmmmmm, 'a fanny magnet' isn't really what I'm looking for either!! Lol. :)

before you part ex ur old car (if thats what your doing) waz ur deets into webuyanycar.com..........you may get a better price, i know a few that have sold their cars via them and all were offered more than a part ex
I've got a peugeot 206 at the moment Nics. I was thinking of a part ex and got told they'd give me £2,500 for it. However, I've been on webuyanycar.com and they'd give me £2,900 apparently but obviously they've got to see it...

I looked at the new corsa, although there weren't any at the right price with decent mileage so I've been looking at the SEAT Ibiza. Good price, right engine and tax band and looks pretty nice too. There's also a decent spec on it and it's solidly built as it's part of the VW group so should see me right (fingers crossed). My lovely friend Neal helped me and hopefully we can go and get it at a good price so I have some money left for my holidays lol. :thumbsup:

They've found me one but it's yet to come in so I'm gona go to see we buy any car and try and get a confirmed price and then when this comes in then I can have a look/test drive and hopefully things will be ok...

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me guys. :D

And thanks for your help! :)

x

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield

be careful with webuyanycar sonz. I havehear loads of stories where they give you an initial valuation but are trained and targetted to give you less by highlighting all and i mean all the faults on your car. If you have many issues you would be best either getting a minimum part ex or selling privately.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
be careful with webuyanycar sonz. I havehear loads of stories where they give you an initial valuation but are trained and targetted to give you less by highlighting all and i mean all the faults on your car. If you have many issues you would be best either getting a minimum part ex or selling privately.

thats what i heard at first until i saw mates that had got decent prices for their cars when they had been offered a shit price for theirs

its free to get it valued and it costs you nothing to get a valuation, if you decide to get a valuation they only charge you £50 for the paperwork and you get paid in a check, you can have the cash in the bank on the next day but you pay a extra fee for that.

becci

May 16, 2010
Bolton
i've got an 06 golf, tdi sport 2.0, good size car, really roomy inside, not sure what insurance bracket it is but i pay about £1200 a year insurance, but i'm only 22, not sure how much it'd be for u, but a smaller engine should be ok. really reliable and good to drive too.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Sounds like you're on the money looking at stuff like the Ibiza sonz :thumbsup:

What about going all tree-hugger hippy eco-mental & looking at a polo bluemotion?
Mega economic (75 mpg they claim) and free road tax cos they're so green. Possibly even a bit cheaper to insure, but I dunno for certain about that.
You should find one for 7k (probably a 2008) if you look about.
They have little 3 cylinder turbo diesel engines (1.2 or 1.4 I think) and despite being eco they are still quite nippy.

Also worth a look at stuff like the Toyota Yaris (check out about the recalls though obviously). They will be selling for no money now I reck. Or 7K would also put you in a nice little A class Merc :thumbsup:

Can't go wrong with Polo/Ibiza though :thumbsup: 7k will get you a minter as well, or else a decent chunk of change left over :thumbsup:

ArthurDaley_203x220.jpg