help needed....cash no problem.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

the highlander

Jun 28, 2005
at last....a website worth getting deep vein thrombosis for.

I have about 220 (1990-95) house tunes taken from sets by the likes of wetherall,dave seaman,emerson,parks+wilson,paul wain,sasha,justin robertson,nipper,graeme park etc all crammed onto a 90-minute tape that i need to know the names of.

and another 80 tunes on a second tape that has the best that frankie bones,carl cox,stu allan,colin favor,billy nasty could throw at us between 90-96.

if anyones willing to help out,id be eternally grateful,and it'll be the easiest money you've ever made cos the tunes are easily identifyable....unfortunately i was too fvcked to pay attention to what they were called at the time :mexican:

just say where you want to meet up and i'll drop one or both tapes off in person...
along with a few pints of guinness and a couple of fat ones.

As this my first thread,for the record,these are the tunes that have "moved" me since 1988: (no particular order)

house hallucinates...prisoners of ecstacy
the doc...portrait of a masterpiece
asha...jj tribute
react2rhythm...i know you like it
alison limerick...where love lives
lost...technofunk
LSG...fragile
red planet...stardancer
secret knowledge...sugar daddy
slam...eterna
havana...skyhat
jam+spoon...follow me
chantal...the realm
shades of rhythm...sweet sensation
massive attack...unfinished sympathy
dave clarke...wisdom to the wise
roy davis jnr...im the dj
my friend sam...its my pleasure
faith department...initiation
the beloved...sun rising

although in two minutes time,it'll be different. :eyebrow:

cheers.

Markz

the highlander said:
at last....a website worth getting deep vein thrombosis for.

I have about 220 (1990-95) house tunes taken from sets by the likes of wetherall,dave seaman,emerson,parks+wilson,paul wain,sasha,justin robertson,nipper,graeme park etc all crammed onto a 90-minute tape that i need to know the names of.

and another 80 tunes on a second tape that has the best that frankie bones,carl cox,stu allan,colin favor,billy nasty could throw at us between 90-96.

if anyones willing to help out,id be eternally grateful,and it'll be the easiest money you've ever made cos the tunes are easily identifyable....unfortunately i was too fvcked to pay attention to what they were called at the time :mexican:

just say where you want to meet up and i'll drop one or both tapes off in person...
along with a few pints of guinness and a couple of fat ones.

As this my first thread,for the record,these are the tunes that have "moved" me since 1988: (no particular order)

house hallucinates...prisoners of ecstacy
the doc...portrait of a masterpiece
asha...jj tribute
react2rhythm...i know you like it
alison limerick...where love lives
lost...technofunk
LSG...fragile
red planet...stardancer
secret knowledge...sugar daddy
slam...eterna
havana...skyhat
jam+spoon...follow me
chantal...the realm
shades of rhythm...sweet sensation
massive attack...unfinished sympathy
dave clarke...wisdom to the wise
roy davis jnr...im the dj
my friend sam...its my pleasure
faith department...initiation
the beloved...sun rising

although in two minutes time,it'll be different. :eyebrow:

cheers.

Your best bet will be to convert the tape into mp3 then get or find some webspace to host it, you`ll find most or all the tunes will be id`d for you.

Not on here though put it on the sister site tuneid.com :thumbsup:

Hope that helps and I doubt anybody will want any money off you also its not the way things are done round these ways.

dodgymix

OldskoolDazed (al) said:
hiya m8 welcome to the board, these 2 sites will be right up your street

www.piraterevival.co.uk

www.tuneid.com

:)

if osa or tuneid cant id tunes then no one can ;)

id be happy to host ya ids aswell if you could get a tape of to me, ill pm you details.

God could you imagine the hassle of 220 tunes to id on one post on tuneid
Everyone would be iding the same tunes after 3 pages

the highlander

Jun 28, 2005
much obliged gents.

i noticed TUNEid and PIRATEREVIVAL at the same time i spotted this website,so when it came to posting this thread,it was a toss-up between the three.

i loved the "that aint the way we do things round here" :thumbsup: ... I offered cash simply cos,apart from common courtesy, the tunes i need identifying are extremely important to me on a professional level (ironically im wanting to host my own oldskool radio show....eventually),and you cant just assume that some stranger will spend 90 minutes of his valuable time to listen to a tape from some geezer he's never met,without getting something for his trouble.(although im a hyporcrite here,cos ive never charged anyone for info either)

Reason im wanting to hand them over face-to-face is cos (a)its easier to explain whats what in person (b)the postal service is too unreliable (c)im not savvy enough on the web (at the moment,anyway)to do it any other way :condom: and (d) you'll get the chance to reel off any anecdotes you have from the orbit,the music factory,the 051,the hac,shelleys etc to someone who hasnt heard them yet,and,more importantly,WANTS to hear them.

And most of the tunes i need identified are dub,so trying to explain what the tunes are like on TUNEid would be a fvckin mare.

ive got a couple of free days on july 11th and 12th,so if anyone can sort me out,and you happen to be around,i can pop up to the north west then.

cheers.

House music all night long.....say what?

the highlander

Jun 28, 2005
ah,i see...so does that mean i'd better avoid wearing a kilt in Neils presence,then? :moonie:

SILKY : im down in Sidmouth (not Sid's Mouth, Mr Konspiracy) for a school reunion on the 9th july, so if youre kicking about let me know. A few of us will be sniffing out a club after the reunions finished,although ive not been clubbing down that neck of the woods since 97 (billy nasty in barnstable,followed by an evening with the shagadelic DJ heaven and Mr Vedo at Az-Oz in taunton the following week),so i dont know whats what down in scrumpyland these days.

LIPPIATTE Orlando,eh? i got my first blowjob underneath the bottom stairs of the Holiday Inn on international drive....she wasnt even american,it was some lass from Bristol (ooo aaar!)...and even better,on my last day there i ended up at Universal Studios and i bumped into her again.....

....and got a :bj: on the Star Wars simulator (which meant,potentially,i couldve had me goolies bitten off,or alternatively,my bell-end couldve ended up all the way down her oesophagus...instead of just being halfway down it ;) )

A big thank you to those who've replied to this thread with offers of help.(It saves me having to bust Paul Taylors chops...lol.)Its good to see theres still some oldskoolers around after all these years still keeping the old tunes pumping out....all the people i started clubbing with have either retired/got married/started listening to R&B or lying in a gutter in London somewhere.

BTW....what club(s) do all you lot go to for your fix of oldskoolage? Cos i'll be up for a highland fling if a few of you are at the same place at the same time in the next couple of months.(sorry,im too fvcking lazy to check previous threads.)

Last edited: