Hed Kandi

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Apologies if there's already been a thread on this, but I just wondered what everyone thought of it?

I personally love a lot it :love: although I do find some of the tunes can be a bit samey and reptitive but I guess you get that in most genres of music. On the whole I think it's great, I particularly like the Twisted Disco stuff :cool:

Any thoughts guys?

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Yeah I suppose the older stuff is better :thumbsup: some of the newer CD's they've brought out aren't too good but I guess because it got popular it went a bit comercial.

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Apologies if there's already been a thread on this, but I just wondered what everyone thought of it?

I personally love a lot it :love: although I do find some of the tunes can be a bit samey and reptitive but I guess you get that in most genres of music. On the whole I think it's great, I particularly like the Twisted Disco stuff :cool:

Any thoughts guys?

Personally I love the older Hed Kandi Albums.:thumbsup:

Not fussed about the over commercial new albums.:(

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
used to be in the soulfuric/funky side of things,some of it was good!!!
dont really listen to a lot of new dance stuff anymore since i really got into oldskool bout 6 year ago...so's i cant really cooment on d new stuff:S :S :thumbsup:

Mar 15, 2006
Carlisle
Personally i think its gone down the shitter since it was sold to Ministry...tho like Biskit says says..try Fierce Angels as thats the series Mark Doyle (think thats his name :axe: ) is doing now since the sell off to Ministry...tho to be fair..the last Back To Love release was great (think it was Hed Kandi (HEDK 077) Back To Love in the mix, and it is mixed well and great selection of old tunes like the good old days of the Hed Kandi series..but then again jus usin the releases that were on the original Back To Love series)and im sure there is an umixed 5 disc release on its way but im sure is just a collection of tunes that were released on the proper original Back To Love releases :king: :king:

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Personally i think its gone down the shitter since it was sold to Ministry...tho like Biskit says says..try Fierce Angels as thats the series Mark Doyle (think thats his name :axe: ) is doing now since the sell off to Ministry...tho to be fair..the last Back To Love release was great (think it was Hed Kandi (HEDK 077) Back To Love in the mix, and it is mixed well and great selection of old tunes like the good old days of the Hed Kandi series..but then again jus usin the releases that were on the original Back To Love series)and im sure there is an umixed 5 disc release on its way but im sure is just a collection of tunes that were released on the proper original Back To Love releases :king: :king:

Sold to Ministry. . . ..that explains everything.:naughty:

Chris_R

VIP Silver Member
May 6, 2008
Halifax
i have some live mixs of there from cafe mambo this year n must say some great tunes on there if anyone wants ill up em if u want?:thumbsup:

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
One word... GODS!

A lot of my DJ mates hang around with these guys. They are the promo kings and get all the latest stuff yonks before anyone else. Their sets are like a showcase of things to come on the dance scene. Thats my personal opinion of course which aint oldskool i'm afraid...:thumbsup:

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester

Any thoughts guys?

I'll be doing a set live on here Sat night if Hed Kandi is your cuppa Kate...:thumbsup: