Happy Days " Fluid Bolton 13th Oct 07

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Morning all:D
Have been up since 5.45am :)'( Could have done with a bit more shut eye)with the little monsters, and after an hour of thomas the bloody tank I have taken refuge in the studio to let you all know that Happy Days are no one hit wonders! :D :cool: :D

First of all Smoke and Danny are two of the nicest fellas you could wish to meet and made us feel so welcome, Thank you so much look forward to working with u in the near future:)

We arrived just before things got going at 9 to speak to the guys then went into Bolton for an hour or so... When we returned the place had already started to fill. Granted at the start of the night there were a few too many designer dolly birds and dodgy blokes for my liking, However the folk who were on the dance floor were giving it some.

A little later we met Andy Pendle outside had a chat & quick ciggie before being introduced by Smoke to Rob Thurston who also plans to join us for a guest slot next year keep your eyes peeled!:| :|

Just as we're about to go to the bar I get asked if I am Lisa ( I have to say I was confused a few too many beers and not being able to get out of work mode even on a night out-Which my darling Mark deals with extremly well :love: , :rolleyes: ...It was none other than OSA's Cano.
Again top bloke-We went out for yet another ciggie and returned to see the atmosphere had lifted somewhat-All the moodies had moved on and what was left was a great crowd bout 90+ and rising quick all dancing there arses off
Andy was up next with a wicked intro from MC's Smoke and Danny.
It was only 12am but felt really late to us as we were pacing our drinks and been working all day. But the club just kept filling.
As soon as his first track started to spin Andy got a cheer form the crowd.

I am too young to have ever seen Andy play at the original zone, angels & Maximes unlike Mark, and have only heard of him I'm ashamed to say:$ :rolleyes: But Andy I mean it you are wicked I'm very fussy bout my tunes and I was dancing straight away!
Smoke is just the kinda Mc I like-he lets the music play adds some humour and even gave me & Mark a shout out lol

I went for a bop while Rob and Mark discussed records ( I am in no way equipt or interested to talk baout tracks I fully admit I am crap and only know what it is when I here it apart from the obvious ones SOZ!!!

We made sure to pick up our copy of the Happy Days cd pack from the first Matt Bell gig Twenty quid for 4 quality discs is a bargain I suggest u all get one:cool: But alas just after Andys' first set we had to get off.

We both really hope that the rest of the night went well guys you deserve it you have a great line up, and when it had settled a nice group of what I think will definatley be your regulars from what they were saying to us. I apologise to all DJ's we missed sure ya were brill! We look forward to seeing you/working with you all soon. Well done we'll be at the next Matt Bell one for sure no worries and next time we'll get a load more down with us for ya.

For anyone who may not know Smoke, Danny and ourselves are hoping to organise a War of the Roses back to back night in the New year most probs in Halifax so keep your eyes open and make sure you check out the sounds of MC Smoke and Pete Monsoon at OXS Bar Mocha gig 24th November.

TOP NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
gutted i had no cash to go to this, not seen andy pendle in a while. Sounds like it went well again.

Will deffo be makin the next one, lol @ cano being there, thought you wasn't goin ;)

anyways deffo see ya's at the next one :D

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
lol @ cano being there, thought you wasn't goin ;)

Well i did :p

Got there about 1100 , took me fookin ages to park somewhere :condom:

Met smoke and danny top lads :thumbsup: was getting looked at by some ruffian (rob t) :p Sorry i did not recognize you mate :$ Anyways good to chat with you ..

Good to see rick jones and andy pendle again :thumbsup: And nice to meet mark and lisa :cool:

The tunes were spot on plenty of italo phones: The crowd was quite young , some moody but no signs of any trouble , plus side they were all loving the tunes :thumbsup:

Enjoyed it and looking forward to playing there in december , shame i cannot do november but im gonna be in liverpool seeing marshall jefferson and some schexy lady called miss saysay :D

Last edited: