Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

spiely

Oct 5, 2001
Canada
www.lufc.com
:)
Nice to see everyone again. Met a few i'd not seen before. Finaly met the man VA (actually recognised him from the loveshack from 15 years ago :thumbsup: top geezer :fekked: no idea what we were talking about but it was interesting and funny.
Great to see retroandy, Joker and Cano and i'm sure more names will come back to me :fekked:

Music was excellent with some fecking piano stormers that i had not heard before :D
Friendly doorstaff/bouncers. Good friendly atmosphere with no attitude or idiot 18 yr old chav wanabe gangstas :|

Cheers for the bottle of water Butty ;)
Well i'm not waiting 18 months before i get out again. Next stop Hazy :thumbsup: :wave:

If any pictures were taken with me in i wasn't as fecked as i will look on them.
I was worse :)

Last edited:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
I had a good night. Massive ta to Woody for driving. Got there about 12, went straight downstairs to hear Cano playing some quality tunes, 'Gotta have hope' getting a good reception:thumbsup: , I got on at 12:30 and played my set, went down well, plenty of people bopping away, good to see. Fabi got on after me and he played some good tunes. Went upstairs to hear Butty bustin the old skool out, its a shame it was quiet upstairs, not sure why that was. Shouts to the OSA, love you all. Sorry I didnt get to meet you Spiely, deffo next time.

See you next month for more:king:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Had a minta ...

My set went down well which was nice , as did ste,s and fabi,s .. Top sets too upstairs from pete monsoon , butty and ben .. :thumbsup: shouts to the osa that came :king: .. Cheers 2 ben for the hospitalty , looking forward to next month .. :D

Nice to meet spiely too :wave:

Superdan

Staff member
Jun 2, 2004
Still Here
www.youtube.com
Well thats another GT to the old diary....got there bout 11ish.

To my suprise little sam was playin....dint know he was on like, but managed to catch the end of his set!!! :D

Then Eddy Osborne was on next...this was the set of the nite for me....every tune he played just got better n better!!! cant wait to get the CD...(hurry up Ben) :thumbsup: :D ;)

After Eddy was Andy P....again top tunes but had a little bit of trouble with the sound system!!! dont know what happened there!

After him was Pete monsoon whos mixing was absolutely awesome and to go with that was his amazing scratching...this guy is goooood!!!

Didn't really go in the second room so cant really comment...

Left after that like....thought it was time for the mash up!!

Which again went on for x amount of days.......didn't end up gettin to sleep till bout 4:30 monday morning, but then had to get up 2hrs later to set off to work :mad: :S :fekked:

See ya'll at the next one!!!

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
had a buzzin night :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

got into town earlyish thanks to chez and ed :thumbsup: then promtly hit a few bars where we started to meet some of the GT crew .....

bounced around between the two rooms all night so caught most peoples sets .... cano was on top form fireing out house classics from almost every year gone by which went down well downstairs with the wakey 'retro' type folk, ste was on next down there who kept it bouncy and the room buzzin :thumbsup: the crowd seemed a lot more friendly (or was that just me :S :thumbsup: ) and everyone seemed to be loving it ..... upstairs early on eddy played a good-un :cool: with a few nice little tunes early on ..... seem to remember both 'master brass' and 'tbc - the way you move' getting a play out ..... the next dj i saw upstairs (i think) was pete monsoon who impressed me loads, although a lot of his tunes were bootlegs (excuse me if i'm wrong) he mixed well and his set flowed well nice, with a lot of good ideas thrown in with some nice breakbeat phones: butty was on next who played a few goodies to keep everyone bopping, not sure on the 'gordons groove' over 'manic' thing thou mate :S sorry, but really didnt like that at all .... :S :p ;) in between all that me and jenny collided to nail the woodster in the eye which forced him into going to the hospital, and left him with one red and poorly eye .... so sorry about that again mate :( :condom: nice to see spiely and pix out and about again, its been a while :thumbsup: and shouts to all the usual suspects who hit it hard every time :gigolo:

cheers to gaz for driving us back to bens again, appreciated :) and nice one ben for providing the quarters in which to carry on the banter :thumbsup: and big respect to our superdan for helping us sort my blown tyre out :D :thumbsup: dunno what the hell happened there .... for all we knew we could have drown all the way back to bens with it like that :fekked: doh ..... and shout out to feroldis who no-ones mentioned yet, thought it was wicked down there this month ..... surprised more people were'nt bustin the groove down there to be honest :roll: been another mad weekend which suits me down to the ground :thumbsup: so cheers again everybody phones:

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Havent been able to get on a comp since now as im a working lad lol, had a top night as always! Monday morning was a bit harsh but well worth it! Shame lou and maddow couldnt mc but will be sorted for next month! Nice to see everyone as always and top doo at bens. Nice one!

Inabit :thumbsup:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
Yep me too.... Sorry for the lateness of my review too!!

Ben just to say I had a much better time this month! So those of you who were out off last month get yourself back as the bouncers had it wrapped this time round :thumbsup: Good stuff....

Everbodies sets were spot on but I have to say it twas our very own leader Butty that got me & Ow Doo of our arses and up to dance then the rest was history you couldnt get us off the dance floor!

Yes Eddy your right Ive already slapped our kid around the chops and called him for it dont you worry.... ;)

Big up all of you that came!

Ben... We really do love ya!

S-J x :love:

P.S. Spiely... OMG.... I so cannot believe we didnt get introduced dont know what was going on there?

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
Hi All!!!!

:wave: :wave:

Just a little hello from an "old timer" ;) It was cool to see the crew again, and some of the new faces too - good to meet you Spiely after all these years. When are you back again??

S-J - when will you have the mashed up pics of Retro available - how funny was that when he was leaning against the speaker??? :fekked: :p

And to my boys (Recca, M-Jaxx and Ste H) - fellow old timers!!!
Butty - :king: Ben - :moonie: Joker :whip: :jumpin:

spiely

Oct 5, 2001
Canada
www.lufc.com
Pixie said:
Hi All!!!!

:wave: :wave:

Just a little hello from an "old timer" ;) It was cool to see the crew again, and some of the new faces too - good to meet you Spiely after all these years. When are you back again??

Next month :D Can come home whenever i like now i am rid of the shedevil :wave: