Greg Wilson ICA London 1984

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Aug 11, 2003
newcastle
words lifted from elsewhere.

"Live at the prestigious ICA (Institute Of Contemporary Arts) in London. On the opening night of their annual 'Rock Week'. This would be UK Electro's one and only 'gig', featuring Broken Glass and topped off with another London break challenge, this time from a crew called the Zulu Rockers (following on from Sidewalk at Camden Palace the previous December). Lynden Barber summed it up in Melody Maker when he commented; "Whoever thought of presenting the team at the ICA should be both congratulated for breaking out of the usual 'rock gig' restrictions and castigated for trying to present what is in essence a studio music on stage".

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Enjoy ;)

Aug 11, 2003
newcastle
no problem mate..i have a few other bits and pieces...

one from "legend" in manc, from dec 83 (i think), where Greg's playing about with 2-3 copies of "last night a dj saved my life" then "buffalo gals"..

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
This is the first British mix I've ever come across from 1984 -- and an absolutely excellent one at that! Love to see the REAL oldies on here ;)

Huge thanks again to 586.

Noel

May 12, 2003
Wolverhampton
words lifted from elsewhere.

"Live at the prestigious ICA (Institute Of Contemporary Arts) in London. On the opening night of their annual 'Rock Week'. This would be UK Electro's one and only 'gig', featuring Broken Glass and topped off with another London break challenge, this time from a crew called the Zulu Rockers (following on from Sidewalk at Camden Palace the previous December). Lynden Barber summed it up in Melody Maker when he commented; "Whoever thought of presenting the team at the ICA should be both congratulated for breaking out of the usual 'rock gig' restrictions and castigated for trying to present what is in essence a studio music on stage".

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Enjoy ;)
Had this one a few years but only on real audio so cheers. :thumbsup:

Is it a kind of live perfomance of the Street Sounds UK Electro album?

Aug 11, 2003
newcastle
i'd say so noel - pretty much that running order..

the version of synchbeat's "music" is slightly different on this mix, to the vinyl...

cm1

Nov 13, 2007

Ey up 586. Hows thing's in the toon?? Say hi to everyone at the tanners mate!
Cheers 4 this link. Have also been listening to Gregs time capsules & the best of 82 mix. Absolutely mindblowing stuff. Anyone who hasnt grabbed this should do.

THE BEST OF 83 : The Biggest Underground Club Tunes Of 1983

Time Capsule | Six Million Steps