Got this Bargan on Sat, and just had to tell someone in a Matalan advert styleeeeee !

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Up in Soho on Saturday, got a copy of one of my all time fav tunes

Blast - Crazy Man ( Loveland re-mix from 94 ) for 50p

Got home, pulled the record out of it's sleave and.......

O MY GOD !!!!! :O :O :O :O

The record was not the same as the cover stated, it was even better than that

It was the original version from 1982 on MCA

IT IS ABBSERLUTE CLASS, and just pisses on any mix done since

What a day !!!!, And to top it all off Man U got stuffed 2-0 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
nice one

i did the same a while back nice pic cover of dj h and stefy
cone on boy (somet like that)
and is side was 'think about'

i'm gonna have to make a trip down london......
record shopping

i'm off to me favourite shop today (£1 a record)
and if there's a tiny scratch (i'll normally get it free, tight bar steward that i am)
so i'll be listing my bargains later

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Re: Shooms w/e bargains

Shoomster said:

Dee-lite - Groove is in the heart mixes (with "how do you say" & "Groove is the heart" acca's)

Shoom m8

I also picked up an Italian house styleee record, It had the original sample of the above mentioned phrase

Can't remember what it is called, will have a look tonight

The song starts off with this Toff chap talking at a cocktail party and says something like ( How do you say de-groovey, how do you say delishios Bla.. Bla... Bla....

Do you know the one chap:confused: :confused:

M Jaxx

Ps Quote whatyadoinsucka

i'm off to me favourite shop today (£1 a record)
and if there's a tiny scratch (i'll normally get it free, tight bar steward that i am)

LMFAO M8, F**kin nice 1

I love spending time in charity shops, having verbal battles with old women about used Viynal

Take this one for instence

M Jaxx " It has two 12" records in one cover because it is a twin pack, you silly old woman !!!!. Now I do not want to pay £1, I want to pay 50p
:naughty: :naughty: "

Old woman " But its an Lp !! "

M Jaxx " No its not you silly moo, LOOK !!! its 2 12" s :crazy: :crazy: "

Old woman " Ok I will do it for 75p "

M Jaxx " Done "

Old Woman " Would you like a bag for that "

M Jaxx " Yes "

Old Woman " that will be 25p "

M Jaxx " :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: "

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
dj m jaxx

you've got it to a t...........

exactly the same
its great, if there shit I can take them back and sell them for 50pence

can't listen to them mind.........................

I might buy one of them cool little vw camper vans from HTFR
that drives around your vinyl playing the tune out of its little speaker in the roof (cool but pricey £65/70)

the dust in this place.......
Its like i've been on the tubes, coughing up black shit for a few days afterwards........................

i also try and swap plain covers for decent covers esp.
tommy boy covers, all my tommy boy records have now got mint covers............

wade through those 10 copies of 2unlimited 'get ready'(i kid u not), and the millions of pianoman classics (only joking: never seen 'pianoman' and 'classic', in the same sentence............
this shop is a gold mine for
solid silver recordings

anyway better get somet to eat, my mate will be round in 10 minutes and i need to eat, as we'll be there a good few hours

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Re: Sorry forgot to give away the best TIP i know

whatyadoinsucka said:
if you walk in a shop
and it stinks-o-piss

your onto a winner............

haha

LMFAO M8

You can deffo Smell a bargan fella :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Smell the Golden shower & Find the golden prize :guitar: :guitar:

oxfam_r2_c1.gif

Oxfam
Hear to help you find that special old skool tune !!!!!!

P

pianoman

If I worked in Tesco's

I take it yr not interested in a Pianoman GT CD then?

Cant help thinking that If I was a shelf Stacker in Tesco's I wouldnt get the shit, But hey 30 tracks at HTFR cant be bad.

I was in it for The Money!!!! And Fuck me did I make it.

LOL!!!!

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Re: If I worked in Tesco's

lol Well you also killed 2 birds with 1 stone mate cos you have made SOME PROPER CLASSICS!

Whatyatalkinaboutsucker!
:D

pianoman said:
I take it yr not interested in a Pianoman GT CD then?

Cant help thinking that If I was a shelf Stacker in Tesco's I wouldnt get the shit, But hey 30 tracks at HTFR cant be bad.

I was in it for The Money!!!! And Fuck me did I make it.

LOL!!!!

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
im with you on this one ste mate !

pianoman has made some rite classics!!!! countless tunes that ill never ever get bored of listenin to ever!!!!

and the millions of pianoman classics (only joking: never seen 'pianoman' and 'classic', in the same sentence............

think you could ever make the amount of tunes he has and have the same success??? i think not !!!!think its a bit unfair to knock him when his record speaks for itself !!! :D :D :D :D

Pixie

Jul 16, 2001
Back oop north!
www.
My Friend Sam for 50p - jammy bugger !!!! It's my most fave record ever & I paid a fiver for it years ago !!!

As for Pianoman - Top tunes yes m8 I agree :thumbsup: ....although to be fair Pianoman himself don't like every single one of his own tunes so everyone has their own opinion/choices of classic kiddas !! ;)

Re: Re: Shooms w/e bargains

I love spending time in charity shops, having verbal battles with old women about used Viynal

Take this one for instence

M Jaxx " It has two 12" records in one cover because it is a twin pack, you silly old woman !!!!. Now I do not want to pay £1, I want to pay 50p
:naughty: :naughty: "

Old woman " But its an Lp !! "

M Jaxx " No its not you silly moo, LOOK !!! its 2 12" s :crazy: :crazy: "

Old woman " Ok I will do it for 75p "

M Jaxx " Done "

Old Woman " Would you like a bag for that "

M Jaxx " Yes "

Old Woman " that will be 25p "

M Jaxx " :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: "

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Hee hee hee

Funnily enough this happened to me today !

Managed to find double album of Hits of House, old stuff on it mid to late 80's (soz, cant be arsed to name!) and went to the till to pay and asked how much she said £1.50 so I had a think and then said ok, then she went to put it in a bag and realised there was 2 records in there so she said oh it has to be £3.00 for 2 records, so I did a bit of grumbling and fiddling around in my purse until eventually she said ok seeing as you didnt realise there was 2 in there :)confused: :axe: ) you can have it for £2.50 instead. Cool eh !! :D :D

Sweet xx

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Hey Pianoman

The words classic & pianoman, go together like cheese & onion buddy

( and no, im not :moonie: licking, their are a few of yours I dont understand fella for sure)

But then I also have a white labble classic version you did of " Music is my life" and I must say, it pisses on the original chap

I have been offerd £40 for that fecker, but you don't sell memories

and that tune is one of my biggest :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still raises the roof off most of the London venues, I can tell ya !!

Dj M Jaxx :phones: :phones: :phones:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Re: Re: Re: Shooms w/e bargains

Funnily enough this happened to me today !

Managed to find double album of Hits of House, old stuff on it mid to late 80's (soz, cant be arsed to name!) and went to the till to pay and asked how much she said £1.50 so I had a think and then said ok, then she went to put it in a bag and realised there was 2 records in there so she said oh it has to be £3.00 for 2 records, so I did a bit of grumbling and fiddling around in my purse until eventually she said ok seeing as you didnt realise there was 2 in there :)confused: :axe: ) you can have it for £2.50 instead. Cool eh !! :D :D

Hee Hee

Nice one sweet

Still think you where ripped for £2.50 though

I reckon you should of asked her to throw in a pair of brown tarrtan slippers for that price

Then you could have had some for Tonksi tea party
:D :D

Ok, they may have belonged to some p**s stained old geezer, but at least the smell would have coverd up the smell of Tonksi's spinach pile Lolol :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
me n the man like coyle was talkin bout pianoman the other day and between us we couldnt think of another single artist who had created so many head rippin piano stylee tunes.
everyones got a different opinion innit if ya like the tunes or not its fair enough.

me i think tunes like rock n move, pump this party, that whitney tune etc etc r and always will be some of my fave tunes ever made

pianoman we salute u!! (well i do n e ways lol :) )

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
butty said:
me n the man like coyle was talkin bout pianoman the other day and between us we couldnt think of another single artist who had created so many head rippin piano stylee tunes.
everyones got a different opinion innit if ya like the tunes or not its fair enough.

me i think tunes like rock n move, pump this party, that whitney tune etc etc r and always will be some of my fave tunes ever made

pianoman we salute u!! (well i do n e ways lol :) )

Hear, hear Butty man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now I am :moonie: licking, cause I want to see me photo's on the board :D :D :D :D

Butty, I stand and salute you fella ( What a fecking creap I am today :D :D :D )

Lolol

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
aaargh doh doh doh, sorry mate forgot all about em tonksis on his way round coz i gotta fix his puter but i should be back online later so il get em sorted - sorry mate just been non stop lately n keep forgettin stuff.

whats me name again?? :stupid: