Get well soon Frankie Knuckles

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Yeah best wishes to him I hope he makes a speedy recovery :thumbsup: My Dad had to have his leg amputated due to diabetes too but he's made a full recovery and is doing really well. He's back at work doing his old job and goes running and weight training just like he used to. He even gets up the ladder to put on our Christmas lights spectacular every year too :thumbsup: :D I've got loads of respect for him for how well he did, never even moaned once through the whole thing and he was quite ill with it and in hospital for some time before they actually amputed. He even had a vein graft which carries some of the same risks as heart sugery as it was concerned with a major artery and was in theatre for 8 hours.

But he's doing great now so with a bit of determination and positivity I'm sure Frankie Knuckles will make a full recovery :thumbsup:

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Yeah best wishes to him I hope he makes a speedy recovery :thumbsup: My Dad had to have his leg amputated due to diabetes too but he's made a full recovery and is doing really well. He's back at work doing his old job and goes running and weight training just like he used to. He even gets up the ladder to put on our Christmas lights spectacular every year too :thumbsup: :D I've got loads of respect for him for how well he did, never even moaned once through the whole thing and he was quite ill with it and in hospital for some time before they actually amputed. He even had a vein graft which carries some of the same risks as heart sugery as it was concerned with a major artery and was in theatre for 8 hours.

But he's doing great now so with a bit of determination and positivity I'm sure Frankie Knuckles will make a full recovery :thumbsup:

Nice 1 Kate.. No offence 4 the above :$

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com

It's really mad how harmless alot of folks think Diabetes is. My friend has it and has, in the past, messed around with her insulin on more than one occasion. She now has to wear glasses and has problems with her feet etc and is probably lucky she hasn't done more permanent damage.... It's mad to think how finely tuned your body is to just do these things to keep you ticking over! :crazy:

Anyways, hope he makes a full recovery! :thumbsup:

x

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Nice 1 Kate.. No offence 4 the above :$

Oh no, none at all taken. I know you didn't mean any harm by it :D :thumbsup:

It's really mad how harmless alot of folks think Diabetes is. My friend has it and has, in the past, messed around with her insulin on more than one occasion. She now has to wear glasses and has problems with her feet etc and is probably lucky she hasn't done more permanent damage.... It's mad to think how finely tuned your body is to just do these things to keep you ticking over! :crazy:

Anyways, hope he makes a full recovery! :thumbsup:

x

I know yeah you need to be so careful especially when you're young as it can have a real big impact as you get older x

just read this post after ian pointed it out to me

Frankie had osteomialitis which i have had twice myself and not a very nice infection may i add - ive had 2 operations on my leg due to this - its very hard to make a diagnosis on this illness as its not the most common of infections - brings back a lot of bad memories for me as at one stage i was gonna lose my femur bone due to it :| luckily for me my infection started to get better only to return a few months later which meant another spell in hospital and another operation :( but thank god i got the all clear from it a few months ago just before i found out i was having baby kenyon :thumbsup:
so alls good only downside is ive been left with a low immune system and they do say it can come back any time whether it be 20 years or maybe not at all hopefully the latter :)

hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery from this :thumbsup::D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Ah, that's terrible:(

Hopefully he can get another leg made up as a replacement and still have a fairly normal life :thumbsup: