ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
The one that makes me worried is a genre so called

Demon Core
:|

WTF is that?:fekked:
The guy who I heard it off once in a chat forum, think it could have been at alt.devil worshippers bummin your goat whilst drinking the freshly sliced blood from the neck of it.com (yeah wtf was a doing in there lol, nah think it was some geek on something called UKDance (anyone remem that?) errr anyway lol

This guy was goin on about speedcore and such so maybe its a bit like that but with devil samples and shit:S

Ive just invented a new genre as well

Its called Jazzy nu tek soul soft rock drum&bass dunk your rich tea gabba
and it wank as well btw:thumbsup:

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
UK Garage is the worst title for music for me.
When I first heard the title I thought it may be like old Chicago style garage from 89. How dissapointed was I when I heard it...:mad:

UK GARAGE = SOAPY TIT WANK

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
I go by the Good Music / Bad Music thing, although I as genres go cant say I ever liked any happy hardcore etc

The lads at Eastern Bloc used to have some cracking genres for the Death Metal Stuff such as "Death, Destruction and Doggie Doo 20", how come they dont stick

Im right into mi doggie doo at the moment, you heard the new Butthole Surfers 12", big on the doggie doo scene!:D

ste huxley said:
The one that makes me worried is a genre so called

Demon Core
:|

WTF is that?:fekked:
The guy who I heard it off once in a chat forum, think it could have been at alt.devil worshippers bummin your goat whilst drinking the freshly sliced blood from the neck of it.com (yeah wtf was a doing in there lol, nah think it was some geek on something called UKDance (anyone remem that?) errr anyway lol

lol:D Sign me up, aint got anything on this weekend:D;)

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Lozzie said:
I'm quite well up on music genres. BUT I have nooooo idea what the hell you're going on about Danny.

I think there is a lot of different styles branching out from their farther grouping. Its how music develops. Like a massive tree, it just multiplies all the time....

Lozz, don't worry I don't know myself most of the time. :confused:

But going back to my initial post it just irritated me reading something as "nu-folk". Nu with a u to make it appear slightly more trendy and appealing partly, I suspect, because it was a bar in the Northern Quarter. Just got me thinking of some of the names for different styles of music and where people dream them up. "Demon core" is simply terrifying :|

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Not sure if it's still there, but I once saw a section in Vinyl Exchange called 'Illbient' which was to describe the sort of music a mate from V/Vm was writing at the time :axe:

Like a sick version of ambient, all wrong and twisted with evil distorted noises and big metalic clanks! :|

Some of the worst ones that I've heard have been..

Handbag house, speed garage, uk garage, scouse house etc..

As I used to explain to people at work in the early 90's what music I liked, I just used to say 'dance music' as that simplifies things for people who don't 'get' the sort of music that dance music widely covers.

It's all dance mooooooooooosic at the end of the day int it lol :D

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Walking into Vinyl Exchange and seeing most of the basement defined as 'Dance' though would cause no end of problems. It would be like a Wiganer that's been transported to another galaxy upon birth and then returned to Wigan walking into Greggs/Sayers or some other bakery and being expected to find the meat and potato pies:crazy: :naughty:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Dreamgirl said:
lol scr.....

I quite like - handbag trance and pissed up burger boy's.... cant say in words how much i care for the music though:love: ;)

Shock Horror i knew it all along!!!
You let that slip mate;)
:D

The term 'progressive' has always made me laugh:fekked:

Clouco

Jan 8, 2023
To be quite honest I have no idea!!! Which I suppose is what I'm trying to point out!! (sort of)

Half of it is probably a marketing tool to sell shitty compliations!!
It's because it was a sped up, harder version of the music referred to as "handbag house", which was a derogatory term for the house music played in queer venues (implying women and gays would dance around their handbags).

Hardbag was pioneered by Tony De Vit in venues such as Trade, and as a queer man himself, I imagine this would be a rather tongue in cheek way of reclaiming a term used to insult people.

Albertryder

Jul 10, 2019
It's because it was a sped up, harder version of the music referred to as "handbag house", which was a derogatory term for the house music played in queer venues (implying women and gays would dance around their handbags).

Hardbag was pioneered by Tony De Vit in venues such as Trade, and as a queer man himself, I imagine this would be a rather tongue in cheek way of reclaiming a term used to insult people.
While we’re here resurrecting this thread 🧵 lol

what ever was speed garage?!

cracks me up in 2006 everyone was already moaning about genres - I mean now the full spectrum of terms is astronomically large lol

:axe: