freudian slip

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Did a suicidal male mistake tonight. Asked the missus how her day was today and she proceeded to tell me about it. Anyhow as she continued on a long rant about a story involving people that i had no idea who they were or what they did etc etc i started to slowly lose the will to live and drifited into watching the TV. I got into the program on the box and couldnt hear exactly what they were saying due to her rabbiting and thats when it happened.. the fatal error...i turned to her and asked her to 'Cut to the chase' with her story:|
BOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the words just slipped out of my mouth, as soon as i heard myself say it i realised i had released an atom bomb.:| :| :cry:
She just got up walked out of the room and said ''dont fuckin worry about it''' and then went to bed:|

No amount of beggin has worked and now the problem is im affraid to go to bed and fall asleep as i fear for what awaits me..i live in fear....anyone else made a similar mistake or freudian slip???
:D:D

Last edited:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Oops :D

I'm rubbish at staying focused with conversations, I tend to drift off and then suddenly talk about something else, halfway through hearing the first part of the original coversation, and then suddenly remember and think "shit" :$

I believe the phrase you are seeking here AB45 is "well & truly in the cunthouse"...

Been there so often meself in the past I got room discount & me own monogrammed dressing gowns :$

A heartfelt & sincere apology works wonders but not as much as the offer for her to melt your credit card in a high class super market sweep.... it'll be a while before you can slap her arse & tell her to put the kettle on anyways...

Bonne chance ! :D

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
mate we've all been there (the cnuthouse, that is)...
whilst yer off the jollies list my advice would be to channel the inevitable frustrations wisely...
never mind all that venus/mars cobblers, what would really help is a book on psychological techniques us blokes can use to develop a sort-of band-pass filter inside yer melon, and adjust the frequency ranges etc...

i've been working on oine of these for a few years & it's not perfect but does the job... I can tune out the unwanted frequencies pretty well... if there's summat good on the telly it's perfectly adequate for tuning out unwanted background noise. Not much help if things escalate to the eye-popping arm-waving stage mind... you've gotta keep an eye out for that otherwise it's dogshit sandwiches for dinner...

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
I did the same thing recently.
It was a very long story that wasnt going anywhere and I had important things to do, so a little "Get to the point" was a good idea for a milli-second :$
I dont think I ever heard the rest of the story ;)
:love:

LOL this thread has made me piss. They key is to remain silent, then choose selective sentences or key points in the story then make an incisive and worthwhile suggestion / comment. Its like taking notes.

Of course I listen earnestly all the time. Have to say though, if footy comes on or for example am in a car and a good tune comes on, it becomes a problem :|

LOL this thread has made me piss. They key is to remain silent, then choose selective sentences or key points in the story then make an incisive and worthwhile suggestion / comment. Its like taking notes.

:thumbsup:

It's more picking up on the vocal tone / inflections & body language more than anything... a few well timed 'no way's or 'seriously's can add weight to the impression that you are listening...

If asked for an opinion & you blatantly haven't been listening don;t be afraid to throw a vague but multipurpose question back to give them the chance to vent more spleen & give the impression you give a shit :thumbsup: ;)

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
lol glad im not the only one whos been there. Wierd thing happened this morning though, she woke up and was fine??? Got a feeling Shooms may not be too far off the mark and she'll come home with half of Debenhams under her arm.:( :|

Damn my big mouth:D

Stylee

Mar 10, 2006
The posh bit of Liverpool
lolol.. I keep getting caught out listening to her but watching the TV. She keeps using the cunning trick of asking me to repeat what she just said and I'm like "erm, um, err" :$

lol my ex used to do that all the time, or youd be there watching tele on take away night in silence, then the grub arrives and you decide to mong infront of the tele munching and watching, then all of a sudden she starts talking while your trying to handle the difficult taks off munch on ya kebab and listen to what jim brownin is saying on eastenders. my mistake is saying "Why do you always hassle me when im eating" again the response was inevitable, silence but with the feeling that there is somethng burning into you face, that being her sonic gaze of dissappointment :(

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Also i suffer from this syndrome alot when she goes off on one....
tcf320.jpg

And all i hear is....

Attachments

• missus.mp3
    117.5 KB · Views: 66

Konspiracy

Sep 9, 2002
Was Manchestoh, Now Yorkshire
AB you are not alone, in fact you are describing an exact situation that happened in the Konspiracy household last night resulting in the doghouse for at least 2 hours, which was fine by me cos the football was on:D :$

lolol.. I keep getting caught out listening to her but watching the TV. She keeps using the cunning trick of asking me to repeat what she just said and I'm like "erm, um, err" :$

I get that all the time:D

Ive developed a new skill of remembering key words from the conversation and then reciting them back and hoping for the best they make some sense, not unlike Danny C's method of remembering sentences:thumbsup:

When it comes off its top and you can act really smug, when it doesnt = the doghouse.

I believe its called multitasking, watching the telly plus listening to the woman = impossible. "Men cant multitask!!" - Bollocks, look at me, Im cleaning my teeth AND having a piss - beat that:thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
lol @ this thread :D

It can work in reverse though too, I remember at my old flat in Leics , a mate of mine moved in to kip on the settee as he was between houses himself after splitting with his bird, so I said he could stay at mine for my final few weeks til I left to give him more breathing space to sort a new place out.He is proper domesticated which was great! but it made me laugh one night as the scenario went something like :

Me: Lying stretched out on Sofa, watching the UEFA cup final, giving the odd 'umm, yeah, sorry, what?' answers to whatever he was wittering on about

Him: Folding washing, mopping kitchen floor,(fukit! do it AFTER the match you freak!) and saying stuff like 'I really want some chocolate' and 'Havent you noticed I had my hair cut today?' ( my response.."what? erm, no actually" ) and after I made a remark about something the footy commentators said he said "Hmmph, Miss selective hearing! Keeps not hearing when I speak but doesnt miss a word when the football's on!" :rolleyes:
LOL - talk about a role reversal!! Was a downtrodden hubby with a super-efficient wife for a few weeks! :rofl:

(Later on in the evening he asked if I had any headache tablets so of course, despite the platonic status, couldnt resist a husband-ly comment of "Oh yeah, thought you might develop a bloody headache now its nearly bedtime..." :rolleyes: ) :p

:rofl:

Not just hearing either... I've been accused of having selective eyesight/memory in the past too :cops: ;) :naughty:

Its the age old thing....ya cant win no matter what ya do ;) :D

Last edited:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
lol @ T.C.

answers on a postcard as to why...

oi, thats a very good mate of mine youre talking about! :naughty: :p he'd probably be a right keeper for the ladies out there actually, known him donkeys years, and he treats his birds well, is fit, good laugh AND keeps an immaculate house, could be far worse :rofl:
only reason he wasnt particularly watching the footy with me is coz he's more into Rugby :D

Elev8/Levit8

May 8, 2006
oi, thats a very good mate of mine youre talking about! :naughty: :p he'd probably be a right keeper for the ladies out there actually, known him donkeys years, and he treats his birds well, is fit, good laugh AND keeps an immaculate house, could be far worse :rofl:
only reason he wasnt particularly watching the footy with me is coz he's more into Rugby :D

PMSL... i think yer only making it worse here...

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
PMSL... i think yer only making it worse here...

haha :rofl:
mate, believe it or not, he's as macho as they come.. just likes flicking a duster about a bit :D
I certainly wasnt complaining, after 3 years of living with his cousin who was the most undomesticated loose-cannon lad ever , the family tidiness genes certainly werent fairly shared out as they queued in front of God for their pinnies :D

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )

can i have his number please ? buddy , matey , me owld mucker :p ;)