Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
please read this and sign
Petition to: not agree to enforcing vaccinations for all children both now and in the future.

im in a right rant about it, sorry!
:mad::mad: they actually want to control all parents and children take away our rights to make our own choices about our health and the health of future generations
it is a huge concern that their proposing to involve access to the education system and the welfare state being dependant on adherence to this law -
its barbaric AND totally wrong :(

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
Difficult issue.

Obviously the State want to ensure that all children are vaccinated for good health reasons and to prevent the return of polio etc. I can sympathise with their stance.

However, it does take away the right of parents to decide what they think is right for their child.

The big problem with giving parents the right to choose is some parents themselves. Whilst some parents are clearly medically aware and understand the issues, many others would only have to read a scare story and would stop their children having vital vaccinations on the basis of a Daily Mail article or internet rumour.

It is dangerous to suggest that all parents know better than the advice of the most senior medical minds of the country.

That said it does take away the right to choose, but I would also consider the right of the child not to have their medical future decided by a non medically aware parent over considered medical advice from the experts.

For god sake some parents can't even feed their children healthy food, smoke whilst pregnant and allow their children to get pissed by the age of 12.

If it was not for schools and the state they would get little care at all.

As I say, a difficult issue.

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Difficult issue.

Obviously the State want to ensure that all children are vaccinated for good health reasons and to prevent the return of polio etc. I can sympathise with their stance.

However, it does take away the right of parents to decide what they think is right for their child.

The big problem with giving parents the right to choose is some parents themselves. Whilst some parents are clearly medically aware and understand the issues, many others would only have to read a scare story and would stop their children having vital vaccinations on the basis of a Daily Mail article or internet rumour.

It is dangerous to suggest that all parents know better than the advice of the most senior medical minds of the country.

That said it does take away the right to choose, but I would also consider the right of the child not to have their medical future decided by a non medically aware parent over considered medical advice from the experts.

For god sake some parents can't even feed their children healthy food, smoke whilst pregnant and allow their children to get pissed by the age of 12.

Completely agree :thumbsup: and very well put Chris mate :thumbsup:

This type of "nanny state interference" is an outrage to responsible parents, but unfortunately not all parents are responsible.

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
And this has got nothing to do with business offering sweetners to push the all in one vaccine or some other hidden agenda?
If the government were so concerned for the welfare of children, they would listen to the voice of the public and offer the three single vaccinations.
Ergo there HAS to be an agenda.
Open your fucking eyes, people!

Mr Radish

Staff member
Mar 27, 2007
Movin' on up.
And this has got nothing to do with business offering sweetners to push the all in one vaccine or some other hidden agenda?
If the government were so concerned for the welfare of children, they would listen to the voice of the public and offer the three single vaccinations.
Ergo there HAS to be an agenda.
Open your fucking eyes, people!

I'm sure the all in one vaccination does save Tax Payers money, if that is what you mean by agenda? There is always an Agenda. Parents agenda, the right to choose. Governments agenda, the protection of the nations children from disease and the most efficient cost effective way to ensure it happens.

The issue is not specifically about all in one or three separate jabs, more the issue of compulsory vaccinations and whether parents should have the right to choose if their children are vaccinated.

I offered a balanced enough reply seeing both sides of debate in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Difficult issue.

I'm sure the all in one vaccination does save Tax Payers money, if that is what you mean by agenda? There is always an Agenda. Parents agenda, the right to choose. Governments agenda, the protection of the nations children from disease and the most efficient cost effective way to ensure it happens.

The issue is not specifically about all in one or three separate jabs, more the issue of compulsory vaccinations and whether parents should have the right to choose if their children are vaccinated.

I offered a balance enough reply seeing both sides of debate in my opinion.

In total agreement with you there mate :thumbsup:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Thalidomide was deemed safe by "Greater medical minds" then ours.

At the end of the day, no drug can be 100% safe all the time, so lets educate, The full facts, not scare mongering (recreational drug style) Not marketing hype (thalidomide style) and if the scum class are so stupid so as not to understand the implications, good, let disease naturally thin them out.

Hmmm a kinda Eugenics!:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Yep what Chris said:thumbsup:

I don't think it's barbaric to want to protect a child from preventable dieases, it sounds like common sense to me:S

Last edited:

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Difficult issue.

Excellent post and very well written

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
One thing I will say after reading this is that it concerns one MP making a suggestion and is in no way a Labour policy

As usual it looks like scaremongering from the rag dailys in England who over react to a comment by one MP in charge of a thinktank thingymabob on health

Mary Creagh her name is.

It is understood that the idea has not yet been discussed with the Prime Minister and last night Labour insisted it had no plans for compulsory vaccination.