Film : High On Hope - Acid House 20 Years On

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Don't know if anyone's seen or posted anything about this yet, but if not check this out...

High n Hope

For someone who spent many a weekend hurtling round Blackburn, Darwen, Great Harwood and the surrounding areas back in the day looking for the raves, this should be interesting viewing...

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
For our North West residents, can anyone remember a one-off program called "A Celebration" back in the day which was all about Madchester and the Blackburn rave scene? The only thing I can remember about it was MC Tunes sat in the back of a car at Great Harwood at 3am commenting on how amazing all this was, meanwhile all around is completely gridlocked, there must have been 500 plus cars there, waiting for "the signal".

I did have this on video, lent it to someone who promised they'd return it - and of course it never came back. :(

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
It badly needs an editor, but its got potential.

Did any of you see this yet by the way?

YouTube - deadmau5 & Kaskade - I Remember (extended version)

Really enjoyed it. Northern swagger all the way.

Yes, me too. :D

Produced by the Donnelly Brothers. They did all the first raves in Manchester and Blackburn. Shot in Manchester. First scene is the unbuilt apartment block by Medlock Street/Mancunian way. The rest is up by Fairfield Street / Piccadilly where the first raves took place. Good references throughout...
Did anyone recognise the guy from "This Is England" in the cafe?

For our North West residents, can anyone remember a one-off program called "A Celebration" back in the day which was all about Madchester and the Blackburn rave scene? The only thing I can remember about it was MC Tunes sat in the back of a car at Great Harwood at 3am commenting on how amazing all this was, meanwhile all around is completely gridlocked, there must have been 500 plus cars there, waiting for "the signal".

I did have this on video, lent it to someone who promised they'd return it - and of course it never came back. :(

I've got an avi of this somewhere Ad - I'll dig out... also a Blackers vid which is basically the one on youtube... I'll have a route :)

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!

Adam it was called 'celebrations' ive got a copy if u want one next time i see u hun x Think we all need a group outing for this one! Makes me very proud to be a blackburner!

Adam it was called 'celebrations' ive got a copy if u want one next time i see u hun x Think we all need a group outing for this one! Makes me very proud to be a blackburner!

I keep saying this to Tilly... I proper buzz watching & reading about this stuff... you don't know how lucky you lot were to have it on your doorstep :)