Feeling good because...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Well as you know after being really fed up with my current employment situation I've been fortunate on the job front lately and everything's worked out quite well. I finish here on Friday, got a week off then start my new job the week after, so I'm really happy at the moment.

So thought I'd start a feel good thread to see what's happened to make you smile lately? :D :D :D

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Ups and downs at the minute for me.
In case any don't know, my job's concerned with banking & the financial markets. With the way things are at the minute, it's a big worry. Not just in general, but directly. There have been a few sleepless nights and there are gonna be a few more.

But on the up-side, I'm in for a new job as well, although it's very early days. Even if nothing comes of it, just taking action (writing/submitting a CV & ringing round a few contacts) can really lift your spirits. Funny how the mind/psyche works...

Apart from that, I've dropped the bit weight put on as a result of giving up smoking... Loving me music at the minute... on the whole things aren't too bad :thumbsup:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Ups and downs at the minute for me.
In case any don't know, my job's concerned with banking & the financial markets. With the way things are at the minute, it's a big worry. Not just in general, but directly. There have been a few sleepless nights and there are gonna be a few more.

But on the up-side, I'm in for a new job as well, although it's very early days. Even if nothing comes of it, just taking action (writing/submitting a CV & ringing round a few contacts) can really lift your spirits. Funny how the mind/psyche works...

Apart from that, I've dropped the bit weight put on as a result of giving up smoking... Loving me music at the minute... on the whole things aren't too bad :thumbsup:

Yeah tough times at the moment for lots of people :( but good luck with the job and nice one on quiting smoking and loosing weight :thumbsup: Good stuff :D

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Well as you know after being really fed up with my current employment situation I've been fortunate on the job front lately and everything's worked out quite well. I finish here on Friday, got a week off then start my new job the week after, so I'm really happy at the moment.

So thought I'd start a feel good thread to see what's happened to make you smile lately? :D :D :D
I got a surprise cheque for £208 off my car insurance company coz I'd over paid them! woooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :gigolo:

x

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Just been shopping and took some 'loose change' with me (2 x 100 CD spindle case holders full of change to be exact)

Thought there would be £20-30 tops in there, whacked it thru one of them change machine thingys and the total was £77.42 :eek: :D

Buzzin :thumbsup:

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
yeah they're mint them coinstar thingies.
i'd been chucking coppers into a qually street tin for years (sad or wot).
dumped the lot into the coinstar machine down my local sainzys (i must admit i did feel a bit of a gyppo stood there with it all rattling & clanking away like). Got 2 big grocery shops and a few packets of tabs off it. Brilliant!
:thumbsup:

oh, and this might cheer a few folks up :thumbsup:
BBC NEWS | Business | Central banks cut interest rates

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
yeah they're mint them coinstar thingies.
i'd been chucking coppers into a qually street tin for years (sad or wot).
dumped the lot into the coinstar machine down my local sainzys (i must admit i did feel a bit of a gyppo stood there with it all rattling & clanking away like). Got 2 big grocery shops and a few packets of tabs off it. Brilliant!
:thumbsup:

Yeah, cracking idea them things, really surprised me how much change I had!

Had to laugh when the machine couldn't keep up and a message appeared 'My my you do have a lot of coins, please wait until we catch up" or something :LOL:

I felt proper self-conscious stood there as the thing bleeps so feckin loud half the store must have thought there was gonna be an evacuation or something.

Was glad I wasn't tripping in there this time though, that machine would deffo pickle ya head :crazy: :cops:

Kate.S

Sep 14, 2007
Just been shopping and took some 'loose change' with me (2 x 100 CD spindle case holders full of change to be exact)

Thought there would be £20-30 tops in there, whacked it thru one of them change machine thingys and the total was £77.42 :eek: :D

Buzzin :thumbsup:

Yeah they are good them machines, I wish you could chuck all your loose change and shrapnel in the cash points you know like you can do with notes now. I swear you'd save loads without realising :thumbsup:

lottie

Apr 24, 2006
where ever i lay my hat ( straw one )
Feeling good because the weather half decent and after a couple of weeks of bien a lazy cow i have put some effort in at the gym and feel loads better for it . as for smiling i smile at anything :rofl: mostly at the thought of nics and judderz in there matching pinnies baking cakes :p

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
Feeling good because the weather half decent and after a couple of weeks of bien a lazy cow i have put some effort in at the gym and feel loads better for it . as for smiling i smile at anything :rofl: mostly at the thought of nics and judderz in there matching pinnies baking cakes :p

I bought neil this apron a couple of years ago haha!! :mad:

1341.jpg