Fav OSA DJ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i think the talent on the bord is excellent for different reasons, tunes selection, styles, personal taste, etc.....

i love jammers work, brought me back to the acid way of thinking:love: saw him play for the first time at hazy new yesr 05 and i gotta say i was hooked!!! i downloaded the new year mix when he upped it and its always playedphones: i love all the chilled out sunday stuff he does and also love his sets at EVO:king:

butty, like the anthemy type stuff and the mixing is absolutly ace, keeps you on ur toes for deffophones:

mart (mister dj) love his work, done some classic hazy sets and also love his EVO work,

woody, class dj in the making, the guys got talent and knows his tunes:thumbsup:

cano, love his selection of cd's he has upped, also seen him at GT, timeless etc....class

Debs (northern star) - bet you never thought youd ever see your name up here hun, but the mix you upped a fair while ago now had me hooked, you know your tunes and youve got the guts to give it a whirl, keep it up missy:thumbsup:

ben fishface - quality all round, mixing, tune selection, his GT volumes cd's are quality and im sure they was the first load of cd's i donloaded when i joined osa:thumbsup:

there are a load of mixes ive downloaded but aint had chance to listen to em, so i cant comment on them, so if your names not here dont think your shit or anything:$

dr huxtable of the ste variety - loving his work:king:

ive seen a lot of dj's on nights out and are quality, but there are a few who need to come down a peg or 2 coz they aint all that, tunes are shit and mixing is totaly abismal, im not gonna name n shame coz thats just wrong:naughty:

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
For entertainment value it has to be Cutter. Always piss myself at the Mcing.
As for pure skill, its a toss up between Ste Huxley, Butty, Easty and Cano. There's probably better ones but I don't get to listen as much as I would like to....:cry:

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
Cutter for entertainment value :thumbsup:

Cano, Matt Vinyl, Biskit & Pauly P are my current fav's :thumbsup:

I also love listening to Retroandy, he's one of the few DJ's on here who is willing to play a crowdpleaser that most of you would slag him off for. He's got balls and gets a great vibe going that would rock most old skool nights.

There's too many DJ's getting bogged down in obscure hell on here for my liking, Pauly P is one of the few who can pull it off well. I also enjoy Amelie's selection of choons.

All my personal opinion of course ;)

---
f.

PS: If its obscure its usually because its shit ;)

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
ive enjoyed mixes from...

BlueJammer (good variation and wicked live)

DreamGirl (just as cool as fuck i say)

Pauly P (those osa radio mixes:love: )

Tim Acid(one of the best mixes i've downloaded)

Woody (only a year since his first go on the decks as well, plays the best tunes from the piano crew not scared of a bit of a variation)

Myk (oldskool hip hop 1-4 were wicked i say)

Damo (not seen a download, but the hour he did in font of me at UnityRadio was mint, electro and acid, perfecto i say)

Amelie (not a clue but anyone that promotes a radio slot with "all you b-boys and fly girls!" gets my vote:cool: i say)

Jonno (lookin forward to this guys next mix as always...... I say;) )

Blue Jammer - Loving the bleepy squelch

Ste H - My fave ever mix is by Ste...it just is the most beautifull well exicuted piece Ive ever heard. Especially love the very last three tunes :love:

Danny R - His tune knowledge is just outstanding, the boy has real raw tallent. And not just with oldskool, he knows alot, about alot.

Cano - For his tune selections. And frisky sets.

There are aload of tallented DJ's on OSA, I feel priviledged to be able to hear them!!!

These are just the guys that keep coming up trumps for me. Either through being my taste in tunes or through schere brilliance...:love:

BadBoyDJPigeon

Apr 9, 2004
newton heath
www.myspace.com
MANC said:
Damo (not seen a download, but the hour he did in font of me at UnityRadio was mint, electro and acid, perfecto i say)

)

The only reason I did'nt say Damo is because it would look at bit dodgy with him being one of my best mates lol and he does'nt cxome on the board as much as the rest of us.
But I am so glad someone's given him the reccognition he deserves. he knows more about tunes than anyone I know, he does fukk up from time to time but thats because he experiments more than anyone I know, his tune selection is amazing and I bet his he has a collelction of tunes to rival anyone. |The man can play ALL styles from dnb to hardcore to jungle, acid, piano, you name it Damo can play it
Nice one manc, you know what your talking about:thumbsup:

BadBoyDJPigeon

Apr 9, 2004
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Taff64 said:
For entertainment value it has to be Cutter. Always piss myself at the Mcing.
As for pure skill, its a toss up between Ste Huxley, Butty, Easty and Cano. There's probably better ones but I don't get to listen as much as I would like to....:cry:

nice one taff, glad too see at least one person likes what i do ;) , tbh out of the 4 I am probably, well defininetely the worse technically but I have been spinning for the least time by a considerable margin so the fact you have eeven put me in the same list as some of my favourite dj's means a lot
cheers fella

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
Cutter is first on my list ;) he right makes me laff :D

ive not been on here that long to get to hear a lot of the sets some of the dj's play - i liked the last set i heard by say say - that was good, and woody i heard a set of his i really liked.

ill update when ive gotten to hear a lot more of the music thats played and i get to know the styles of the various dj's:D

If this is just for the OSA Radio

Not really got a fave DJ, they all play their own style, and creative in their own ways, I could narrow it down:

Butty for his anthems (this is OldSkoolAnthemz after all)
Dannster for his anthems and scratching
RetroAndy for his cheesy but Piano Monsters
Cano for his tune selection and uniqueness
SaySay - for a girl, loves it harder and ain't afraid to show it
SY69 for his unknown stuff (stuff I ain't heard)
PaulyP, again for his unknown stuff
Blue Jammer for the Acid
Jack G for his anthems, mixed with unknowns and perfection
Easty and Damo for tunes you wouldn't think of mixing together (as I mentioned tonight)
Taff for his funky stuff
Woody for his ability after such a short time and not afraid to try diff things
Cutter for his MC'ing, phonecalls, tune selection

If this was for DJ's playing out (or on other stations), not really heard many peeps apart from

Grover (aka Plutoes, aka Pluto)- This guy is just amazing
Dreamgirl - For people who have heard her, need I say more
Mikeee - His tune selection, scratching and mixing is awesome
Recca for his anthems
Tag for his mixing

I think that's it