Fav OSA DJ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

missmuzik

Jan 26, 2005
Warrington
www.myspace.com
Mines JackG he plays the best tunes I like and the mixin is great, not sure what my fav OSA album is its a toss up between JACKG final old skool mix and Ste Hxley life reunion mix, and i do have most of the mixes on here on me MP3 player for in the gym.

Also liked butty head rippers vol 1 can't wait for the nxt edition (nudge nudge wink wink

Mind u i love all the mixes n here cause the piano anthems are just amazin and u don't get board of em
Keep em comin u gyts!!!

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Too many to pick just one..

Ones that I rate are:

Lippatte, Pauly P, Danny R, Jonno, Cutter, Taff, Mister_DJ << they have the 'edge' imo :king:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I wish i'd had the chance to have heard everybody, but i've only heard the odd snippets of certain dj's at certain times so can't comment really.

One of Dreamgirl's mixes is probably the best i've heard so far though:thumbsup: :)

missmuzik

Jan 26, 2005
Warrington
www.myspace.com
Jiglo said:
I wish i'd had the chance to have heard everybody, but i've only heard the odd snippets of certain dj's at certain times so can't comment really.

One of Dreamgirl's mixes is probably the best i've heard so far though:thumbsup: :)

Well my advise is get downloading !!!! you know its right

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
To be honest I don't have time to listen to everybody:|

I don't even make the time to mix myself these days. I've probably mixed less than 20 records altogether since december:|

Silky

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Tough 1 this lads, didnt wanna c this sorta post, i like a lot of what people play,

I could say every1 has their own style but a few that stand out are:

CANO
Woody
Pauly P
Cutter (MC'ing alone is good enuff!!!)

But if i had to Pick 1 it would be

Oldskooldazed, that man has a serious collection, and he's gettin very good with Ableton. Top Choonz there Bud,

But on a whole note very impressed with everyone!!

:thumbsup:

to many to name just 1, but my all time favs are Cano, Danny r, Scott Bluejammer, mister dj, jackg, barrie j, bobskipton, Ste huxley, djsilkcut, jonno, Dreamgirl, pluto, PaulyP, and for tune choice matte vinyl, no disrespects to any of the other djs everyone is top, fav newcomer is my protege mr silk smooth, hehe spot the eurovision voting :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
jammer (acid all the way)

danny (top mixing)

dreamgirl(class attic action always)

fink(top mixes)

say say(lovin the hardcore side of things)

ste h(love the selection of tunes and top mixing)

cano (top selection of tunes)

stee (farkin well talented in most styles of music, esp d+b, just cant be arsed posting mixes)

there are more dj`s but cant think of any more yet:thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Lippiette
BJ
Mr DJ

but those are just the ones ive heard on a reg basis tbh and made the earth move for me :thumbsup: the mix jiglo recently put up was brilliant too purly on the music....couldnt give a monkeys really bout the mixing its the music on them that is imprtant to me :thumbsup:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
missmuzik said:
Mines JackG he plays the best tunes I like and the mixin is great, not sure what my fav OSA album is its a toss up between JACKG final old skool mix and Ste Hxley life reunion mix, and i do have most of the mixes on here on me MP3 player for in the gym.

Also liked butty head rippers vol 1 can't wait for the nxt edition (nudge nudge wink wink

Mind u i love all the mixes n here cause the piano anthems are just amazin and u don't get board of em
Keep em comin u gyts!!!

Aww thanks missmuzik, your too kind :$ (Cheques in the post :thumbsup: )

My first love and the main reason I started buyin tunes was due to those early piano classics :love:

Though gotta say that my collection is a bit more diverse than just those types of tunes and will do some sets catering for different tastes phones:

Well theres too many DJs to name and I aint had chance to listen to everyone as much as what Id like but heres a few

Lippiatte - (if you like it chilled he da man, highest quality mixin n selection)
Jonno, Pauly, Cano, BJ, Ste H & Biskit - all can mix and give a nice selection

Oldskooldazed - only caught bits so far but the sod is deffo gonna make me wants list get bigger with obscure those italo numbers ;)

brown29

Jan 21, 2004
Leeds
acid

im liking the acid stuff from jammer, Johno is also good........ havent heard much of the others but will try when i get time....................

Caine:wave:

Last edited:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Its a hard one as i have only heard a few- not being all technological lol and not being able to understand how to d/l and put it on a cd etc.

I think that Jonno is good, i am not being biased there its just i have heard it lots and i like his style- he has great taste in Dance music and that counts for so much.

Pauly P is good too, again great taste (the bit i have heard) and the mixing is sound as well, he always sounds different to most, even Jonno says he plays stuff that he has never heard of.

Mike did a fantastic breakbeaty style mix, really well thought out and a great selection of records, although this is all i have heard of his it was still enough for me to respect him loads.

BJ, i have never heard any of his mixing, but i loved how different his choices were on an end of year thing he did a few years back, i sorta really wanted to get to know him more as he picked such ace tunes.

Now the radio is up and running i keep popping on the headphones and listening to people, i find it so personal listening to people do this- like getting to know much more about them then when they post. Its like a bit of true personality is reflected in the records that are chosen, and i like that.

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
My vote so far.......Amelie.

Uber eclectic whacked out funky shi'ite from the resident nutter. Nuff said.

Sirius.

BadBoyDJPigeon

Apr 9, 2004
newton heath
www.myspace.com
Moggy when he plays the stuff I like.
Butty cause he is into the same stuff as me
Ste H, ace dj imo full stop
and recca is probably the most underrated dj of all on here
never heard cano play badly and i quite like tim's (ilovepiano) stuff
also there is a few of bens goodtimes mixes that I like
basically I like the ones who mix the best of the newer stuff with the best older stuff:thumbsup: